The Office of the Post-Graduate Council is known as the Central Office and there are three Sections of the Office of the P.G. Council along with the Chairperson’s Office. These are :-
- Administrative Section
- Academic Section
- Accounts Section
The Post-Graduate Council of Utkal University is headed by the Chairperson and it’s list of members in Post-Graduate Council consists of all the Heads of the Post-Graduate Departments of the University and Warden of the P.G. Hostels. The Administrative Officer is the Secretary of the P.G. Council. The Post-Graduate Council performs the following functions :-
- General policy matters in regard to Post-Graduate studies and research
- Principles for selection of students for admission into different courses
- Principles for the award of free studentship and S.S.G
- Preparation of holidays list which is to be submitted to the Vice-Chancellor for approval, Conduct of Examinations, Students Affairs, Publication of magazines and prospectus etc.
- Principles for admission of students to the hostels and disciplines.
- All other matter to be assigned to the Council from time to time by the Vice- Chancellor or the Syndicate.