Department of Political Science
Political science is the scientific study of politics.
The Post Graduate Department of Political Science was established in 1958 in the Ravenshaw College, Cuttack and was shifted to its present campus in 1962. At present the Department of Political Science offers M.A, M. Phil, Ph.D and D.Litt. programmes. In 1996, the Department of Public Administration was carved out of the Department of Political Science. In the Department, M.A. in Women Studies, P.G. Diploma in Chinese Studies and Development Journalism and Electronic Communication were instituted and subsequently Women Studies and Development Journalism and Electronic Communication, have become independent departments after due recognition by the U.G.C. The Department has regularly updated its syllabus to meet the challenges of changing times. In the year 2000 semester system and in 2013 Choice Based Credit System was introduced. It is noteworthy to mention that the Department was inducted into the UGC- DRS (SAP -III) in the 2004-05 and successfully completed it in the year 2008-09.