The Sports Council is an important unit of Utkal University, established in the year 1943. The main aim of the Council is to Initiate, Coordinate, Execute and manage various kinds of Sports activities including Adventure Sports and other such programmes to promote general interest in Games and Sports among the students of the University. This improves the standard of Competitive Sports and Games in the University and also among affiliated colleges / institutions.
The objective of the Sports Council is to
- Coordinate sports activities among different colleges of the University
- Promote interest among the budding youth in excelling in games and sports
- Select and train sportsmen & women in different events as per AIU, New Delhi
- Depute teams for participation in different Inter Universities Tournament organized by AIU, New Delhi
- Actively participate in tournaments organized by state and national level sports bodies
The Sports Council has in its credit many talents who have successfully established themselves in the field of games and sports at national and international level.
The heritage of Sports Council of Utkal University is well known. A number of notable players in different games and sports such as Foot-ball, Hockey, Cricket, Basket-ball (M&W), Kabbadi (M&W) and Athletics have considerably improved the image of the University as well as State by their wonderful performance. It is the only university in the state as well as in the Eastern Zone to participate in almost all events
YEAR WISE PERFORMANCE OF UTKAL UNIVERSITY SPORTS COUNCIL
Inter College Tournaments:
Utkal University Sports Council conducted Inter College competitions in 25 disciplines
during the session 2014-15.
Total Number Sports men & women Participated in Inter College tournaments – 4832
|Sl.No||Events||No of Colleges
|No Sports men &
|5||Basket Ball (Men)||9||90|