A BRIEF PROFILE OF THE SCHOOL
University High school is a renowned educational institution of Odisha which was established in the year 1962 to impart quality education to the wards of university employees. It is situated inside the Utkal university campus covering 2.45 Acres of Land . This is an integrated school having CLASS -I to Class-X But now other than children of university employees, students are coming from different localities. It has shaped the lives of many young children who contributed a lot for the society in course of time keeping this good academic records. The school has a student strength of 742 from Class-I to Class-X who are mostly from the deprived sections of the society. The academic performance of the last few years of HSC exam gives a fascinating of the school have attained.
To empower students to develop well rounded, confident and responsible individuals who aspire to achieve their full potential.
To provide high quality education and child care in a safe, respectful and inclusive environment that builds a foundation for lifelong learning.
To encourage each child to be independent and develop a sense of responsibility of themselves and respect for others in the environment.
Staff of the School
The school is present having 17 full time teachers (permanent/Deployed/ Contractual) besides a part time music teacher.
- Governor’s award to our students in International Yoga Day on dt 16.09.2022 for achieving 1st Prize in Yoga competition.
- 100% result of our Class-X students for the last three years.
- D. Omkar Haraprasad of Class-IX of our school won the 1St Prize at BMC level Science Project competition which was held on 5th Dec.2022.
- Sradhanjali Nayak Of Class-VII was awarded 3rd prize at district level debate competition on 77th Independence Day Celebration at Khordha.
- GARIMA AWARD-It was a pleasure movement for us that University High School of Bhubaneswar MC block in khordha district has achieved Bronze certification under Garima Award for achievement of learning outcomes in Odisha school certification programme.
- For 100% result and A1 Achiever Award -2022-2023 by Education Minister ,Odisha -This year Rajib Seikh Was awarded A1 Achiever Award by education minister ,Odisha Who has secured 5% in Annual H.S.C Exam 2022-2023.
Alumni Association and its contribution to our school
- Our school has a Alumni Association (AAUHS) including 4000 Alumni. Sri Deepak Kumar Swain is the President of Alumni Association and under his supervision about 500 alumni have contributed their kind, labour and money for the development of the school. This association collected about 14 lakh rupees from our proud alumni in the first phase. Two times matching grant was collected from the Govt under MO School Abhiyan. The MO School Abhiyan Programme paves the way for development of the alma matter. Utilizing the funds various infrastructural development works like renovation of school buildings, Drinking Water facilities, Creation of new cycle stand, Computer lab, Library etc. have been carried out. Within a year of its formation apart from the infrastructure development works the alumni association has also involved creating a better school environment. Mr Subroto Bagchi (Former Chairman OSDA) a proud alumnus of our school who is constantly planning visualizing a dream of transforming our school to one of the best schools of odisha. He also have contributed his valuable time to teach the best ten students of Class -X of our school. Some of the Alumni like Sri Pravat Kumar Samal, Smt. Dharashree Panda, Ananya Rath have contributed their valuable time to reach the students of our school .Some alumni have contributed their time for doing needful works for the schools, Sri Gourahari Samal, A proud alumni of our school always gives valuable time for doing so many needful works for our school.
- In the second phase Our alumni association has contributed a huge amount i.e. 40 Lakhs Keeping a proposal of constructing a multipurpose Hall in our School Campus aiming at fulfill of so many activities of students. Two times of matching great has been collected from the Govt. The Foundation Stone Laying Ceremony of Akanksha–The forum was observed on 6th May 2022 in the presence of Mr. Subroto Bagchi (Proud alumni of our school), Sri Bishnupada Sethy (Chief Secretary of Mass Education), Smt. Susmita Bagchi, MO School Abhiyan, Prof. Sabita Acharya (VC of Utkal University) ,Comptroller Of Finance, Utkal University and all the member of alumni association and all the teachers of the university High School.
- Innovation of Old building in the presence of former vice chancellor Utkal University Prof. Soumya Ranjan Pattanaik and Mr. Subroto Bagchi (Alumni and Former Chairman of OSDA)
- Inauguration of Computer Lab in the presence of Mr. Subroto Bagchi (alumni) and Dr. Lalatendu Sarangi (Alumni and former director of Acharya Harihara Cancer hospital and with all the members of alumni association and all the teachers.
- Renovation of Main-Gate Was done by Alumni of 1984 Batch.