ODISHA HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME FOR EXCELLENCE & EQUITY (OHEPEE – 2017 -22)Year of Implementation:- 2018
Overview / Mission & Vision
The primary role of Utkal University is to :-
- Strengthening linkages and assisting affiliated colleges in improving the competency of students through improved quality of teaching and learning; curriculum reforms; examination system; and research activities.
- Improving the quality of teaching and learning, examination system, and research activities.
- Creating linkages with national and international Universities, research labs and industry.
- Supporting affiliated colleges to increase their on-time graduation rate of students in the undergraduate degree disaggregated by women, ST, SC, and total students.
- Improving procurement and financial management.
- Satisfactorily achieving the annual milestone set by the HED.
Work components :-
The programme comprises of four major heads with different activities under each head.
- Principal meeting
- Strengthening CDC Office
- Academic training for affiliated colleges
- Assistance for NAAC accreditation
- Student tracking
- Development of communicative English
- Strengthening examination system
- Exposure visit to University
- Monitoring programme for affiliated colleges by research scholars
- Skill development of students
- Entrepreneurial promotion
- Other activities for strengthening affiliated colleges
- Human capital Development
- Integrated Omics & Computational biology
- Tribal and marginalized communities
- To construct need-based new civil work in the University Campus.
- Modernization and strengthening of laboratory
- Updation of learning resources
- Procurement of furniture
- Faculty, staff and students development
- Research support at University level on predefined guidelines
- Internationalization of University / Higher Education
- Student tracking
- University brand building
- File/office automation
- Setting up and Management of Project Monitoring Cell
- Environment, Health and safety related activities/ Items
- Academic seminars / workshops
- Quality and equity enhancement measures
Project monitoring Committee
A Project Monitory Committee with following members was constituted to review the work progress at regular intervals.
- Vice Chancellor, Utkal University : Chairman
- Chairman, P. G. Council, Utkal University : Member
- Registrar, Utkal University : Member
- Comptroller of Finance, Utkal University : Member
- Director, IQAC, Utkal University : Member
- Director, R & D, Utkal University : Member
- Professor in Charge, Parija Library, UU : Member
- Director, CDC, Utkal University : Member
- Controller of Exams., Utkal University : Member
- All Coordinators of CoEs : Member
- Coordinator, International office : Member
- Coordinator, RUSA 2.0 : Member
- Coordinator, IDP : Member & Convener
Representative from Government and other agencies may be part of it as special invitee.