|Utkal University||Nov. 2015–present||Assistant Professor (Stage II)|
|Utkal University||2014 – 2018||Ph.D.
Thesis Title: “Writing the Unanchored Self in the Third Space: A Study through Selected Texts”
Areas: Postcolonial Studies, Cross-cultural Autobiography
Advisor: Prof. Himansu S Mohapatra
|Utkal University||2011 -2012||M.Phil.
Thesis Title:“The Cinematic Discovery of India: A Study through Select Bollywood Movies of the 1950s”
Areas: Film Studies
Advisor: Prof. Himansu S Mohapatra
Special Paper: American Literature
|Utkal University||2006 – 2009||Bachelor of Arts|
|UGC||June, 2014||Department: English
- Utkal University Gold Medal for securing First position in First Class in the P.G Examination in English, 2011.
- B.L Mohanty Memorial Gold Medal for securing the highest percentage of marks in the M.A Examination in English, 2011.
- B Patnaik Memorial Gold Medal for securing the highest percentage of marks in the M.A Examination in English, 2011.
- S Ray Memorial Gold Medal for securing the highest percentage of marks in the M.A Examination in English, 2011.
- Bidyadhar Nayak Cash Award for securing highest mark in English Hons. in Final Degree Exam, Rama Devi Women’s College 2009.
|Core Course- British Literature (Core 1-8)
Department of English, Utkal University
Duties: taught Emma, In Memoriam, Mary Barton, Four Quartets, Literary Theory
Core Elective-American Literature (CE 1)
Duties:taught TheScarlet Letter, A Streetcar Named Desire, The Victim
|Free Elective-Popular Culture (FE 4)
Duties:taught Popular Literature and Film Studies
Duties: taught Research Methodology
- Deepika, “Writing the Unanchored Self in the Third Space: A Study through Selected Texts”. Departmental Research Committee:Prof. A. R. Parhi (chairperson), Prof. Himansu S Mohapatra (Guide), Utkal University, 2018.
- Deepika, “What Can We Learn from Reading Groups?”, “The Unbilled Hour: Essays on Literature, Culture and Theory” eds. Bijay Danta et al. Kitab Bhawan, ISBN No. 93857-97200, 2018.
- Bijay Danta, S. Deepika, Tyagraj Thakur eds,“The Unbilled Hour: Essays on Literature, Culture and Theory”, English, Kitab Bhawan, ISBN No. 93857-97200, 2018.
- Asim Parhi, S. Deepika, Pulastya Jani, “The Widening Arc”, English, Kitab Bhawan, ISBN No. XXXX-XXXX, 2016.
- Deepika, “A Timely Recall”,The Book Review, The Book Review Literary Trust, New Delhi, ISSN No. 0970-4175, Vol. XLV, No. 2,February 2021. https://www.thebookreviewindia.org/a-timely-recall/
- Deepika, “Towards a Translated Modernity”, The Book Review, The Book Review Literary Trust, New Delhi, ISSN No. 0970-4175, Vol. XLIV, No. 7, July 2020. https://www.thebookreviewindia.org/towards-a-translated-modernity/
- Deepika, “A Novel of Thresholds: Basanti and Writing the New Woman in Odia Literary Culture”, Himal Southasian, Himal Southasian, Colombo, Sri Lanka, ISSN No. 10129804. 2019. https://www.himalmag.com/a-novel-of-thresholds-basanti-odiya-deepika-2019/
- Deepika, “The Meteque Writer and the Postcolonial Discourse”, Search: A Journal of Arts, Humanities & Management, DDCE, Utkal University, ISSN No. 0974-5416. 2017.
Selected Unrefereed Reports: e-News Paper Article
- Deepika,“A Tribute Patremoir”. Odisha Bytes. 24 April 2021. https://odishabytes.com/a-tribute-patremoir/
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND SERVICE
Attended Refresher Course in “Gender Studies”, from 22 January to 04 February 2021 at UGC-HRDC, Utkal University
Attended Orientation Programme, from 19 November to 09 December 2019 at UGC-HRDC, Utkal University
Attended Summer School in“Contextualising Social Sciences in the Current Knowledge Ecosystem”, from 08 June to 28 June 2018 atUGC-HRDC, Utkal University
Assistant Superintendent, Ramadevi Women’s Hostel (LH 2), Utkal University. July 2018- present
- History of English Studies in Odisha(PI): Utkal University Seed Research Grant (2017), Rs. 75,000/-Basic Description of the Project: This project traced the microhistory of English Studies in Odisha by focusing on the disciplinary development, progress and practice of pedagogy and research in English since its inception in the 1920s at Ravenshaw College, Cuttack and its subsequent spread to other parts of the state with a special focus on English at Utkal University.
Co-coordinator, Centre for Language, Literature and Culture from April 2022.