The P. G. Department of Chemistry, established in the year 1967, has been imparting teaching and training in emerging fields of Chemistry and Chemical sciences through regular M. Sc., M. Phil. and Ph. D. programmes.During last 50 years, the department has produced a large number of quality human resources in Chemical Sciences who occupied important academic/research and industrial positions in India and abroad. The department has been well recognized at national level and received funds through UGC (Under SAP, ASSIST, DSA-I, DSA-II) and DST (FIST and PURSE) programmes besides sponsored projects from various funding agencies.The Department has the distinction of having produced more than 250 Ph.D.s and more than 1200 students have got Master degrees, since its inception. The total number of research publications of the department exceeds 1000. Most of the former and existing faculty members have been recognised both at national and international levels for excellence in research and availed research fellowships like Humboldt, DAAD, Fulbright, Commonwealth, BOYSCAST, JSPS, INSA for higher research and training at different period of time.Annual Alumni Meet has been regular feature in the department for last few years. The Department is proud of its alumni who have earned name for the Department by occupying important academic and industrial positions in India and abroad.. Currently with ten well qualified faculty members, the department is actively pursuing research in several frontier areas of chemical sciences.
To Achieve Excellence in imparting Higher Education, Research and Innovation in the areas of Chemical Sciences and to remain sensitive and responsive to changing need of the society.
- To create, develop and disseminate new knowledge in chemical sciences.
- To impart rigorous training to instill confidence and impart expertise in different fields of Chemistry.
- To encourage creativity, insight development and passion for science.
- To serve as role models to students for safe and ethical professional behaviour.
- To provide state of art infrastructure and conducive environment for students and faculty to produce globally competent professionals.
- To create chemically literate society to minimize environmental pollution.