Sponsoring P. G. Department: Computer Science and Applications
Year of Establishment : 2005
Historical Background of the Course: The department was funded by Department Information Technology, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology Govt. of India of to start the course ME(CSE) with specialization in knowledge engineering from the academic session 2005-06. After the government funding was discontinued, it was run in self-financed mode from the session 2012-13. The same course in renamed to M.Tech (CSE) from the session 2013-14. Following the recommendation of NAAC peer review committee, two courses are running under the university names M.Tech(CSE) and M.Tech (CS) were merged together to make a single course namely M.Tech (CS) with effect from the session 2021-2022. It is 2 years course with intake capacity of 30 students.
• To be a Department of high repute focused on quality education and innovative teaching and research in Computer Science that prepares professionals and entrepreneurs to lead technical, enlightened and social development of the society.
• The M.Tech program strives to equip students with technical, entrepreneurial and leadership skills so that they can pursue professional careers and higher studies and do so in an environment that is conducive for teaching, learning and conducting research.
• To provide the students with knowledge, skills, values and sensitivity necessary for successful citizenship.
• To cultivate research culture resulting in knowledge and innovative technologies that contributes to sustainable development of the society.
• To equip the students with problem solving, leadership and teamwork skills and inculcating a sense of commitment to quality, ethical behavior and respect for others.
• To provide a platform for free flow of ideas where discovery and creativity will foster professional growth and will usher in a better world.
• To ensure academic excellence in this dynamic knowledge economy by exposing the students to new ideas, new ways of understanding, new ways of knowing in their journey of intellectual transformation.
• To enhance academic collaborations for global exposure.
• Be successful in professions, needing computing and Information Technology and/or become a successful entrepreneur.
• Adapt to the latest trends in computer technology.
• Excel in their professional career by acquiring knowledge in the advancement of algorithms and methodologies in Computer Science and their application in research and the industry.
• Pursue teaching, higher education and research
• Adapt to technological advancements by engaging in lifelong learning and to develop leadership qualities, professional ethics and related soft skills required for success.