- Dr. S. Jena joined the Department as a Lecturer in 1985, became Reader in 1991, and Professor in 1999. He has an outstanding academic career all through including Utkal University Topper in graduation (1975) and Post-Graduation (1977). He obtained Ph.D. in 1984 from Utkal University. Although he had joined IFS in 1978, he left the service in the same year for his keen interest in teaching. Prior to joining the Department, he served as a Lecturer in different Government Colleges.
- Prof. Jena authored 05 books and published 36 research papers in national and international repute journals. He has completed 05 research projects funded by National and International agencies and guided 10 Ph.D. scholars.
- He worked at Maxwell’s Institute and the University of Leeds, UK under GOI Post-doctoral Fellowship in the year 1989. He was a member of 9th Mission Indian delegation on Higher education to China in 2010. In recognition to academic excellence, he has been awarded Mahatab Samman in 2002.
- Besides academic activities, he has served the University in various important administrative positions as Syndicate member (2010-11), Professor-in-Charge, R & D (2009-14). You have contributed significantly towards the growth of Orissa Chemical Society in various capacities including President of the society in 2016.
- He superannuated from active service in 2014 and later worked as Director-Academic, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar.