|Utkal University||1995 – 2000||Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry, Utkal University
Thesis Title: Reactions of some octahedral Cobalt (III) and Chromium (III) complexes in solution
Areas: Inorganic Chemistry
Advisor: Prof. Prakash Mohanty
|Utkal University||July 1989||M.Phil
Department of Chemistry, Utkal University
Thesis Title :Synthesis and characterisation of some transition metal complexes [(Co(II) and Zn(II)]
Advisor: Dr. Satyabrata Mishra
Department of Chemistry, Utkal University
|UGC||December 1991||UGC- NET (Qualified)
Subject: Chemical Science
|Utkal University||March. 2016 – present||Professor|
|Utkal University||March 2013–March 2016||Associate Professor|
|Utkal University||March 2008-March 2013||Reader|
|Utkal University||March 2003-March 2008||Sr. Lecturer|
|Utkal University||August 1994 – March 2003||Lecturer|
Dept. of Chemistry, Utkal University
Designation: Research Scholar
Topics: Reactions of some octahedral Cobalt (III) and Chromium (III) complexes in solution
Course Name-Paper Name (Paper Code)
Department and University Name: Chemistry, Utkal University
Duties: Taught, question paper setting, copy check, held office hours, graded exams
- 1st Sem: Inorganic Chemistry-(I), CH-401; Inorganic Chem. Practical-I, CH-404.
- 2nd Sem: Inorganic Chemistry-(II), CH-408; Inorganic Chem. Practical-II, CH-411.
- 3rd Sem: Bioinorganic & Supramolecular Chemistry, CH-502.
- 4th Sem: organotransition metal chemistry, CH-509, research project, CH-513
- 1st Sem: General Theory-I, CH-602
- 2nd Sem: Elective-I, CH-605, Elective-I, CH-606,
- Ph.D.: Techniques in Chemical Research-I, CH-702.
- Behera, J. Behera, “Studies of complex formation equilibria of transition metal ions (Fe (II), Co (II), Ni (II) and Cu (II)) with folic acid” IJRAR, 7(1), 267-274 (2020), ISSN- 2348-1269.View
- Behera, J. Behera, “Role of Ru(III) as an inhibitor in oxidation of arabinose and ribose by [Cu(bipy)2]2+ in alkaline medium : spectrophotometric and kinetic studies” Asian. J. Chem., 30(1), 138-144 (2018), ISSN – 0970–7077.View
- Behera, J. Behera, “Kinetics and mechanism of interaction of cis-diaquabis(oxalato) chromate(III) with cefoperazone in aqueous medium : as an antibacterial study” J. Pharm. Innov., 15(1), 41-50 (2018), ISSN – 1872–5120. View
- Behera, J. Behera, “Nonenzymatic NADH-dependent reduction of cis-[Co(en)2(H2O)2]3+ in aqueous medium” Int. J. Adv. Chem., 6(2), 163-166 (2018), ISSN – 2310–2977.View
- Behera, J. Behera, “Drug-metal ion interaction: kinetics and mechanism of interaction of cis-bis(oxalato) diaquo chromium(III) ion with ampicillin in aqueous medium” Chem. Sci. Trans., 6(4), 535-544 (2017), ISSN- 2278-3458. View
- Mohanty, J. Behera, S. Acharya, P. Mohanty and A. K. Pattnaik, “Kinetics and mechanism of oxidation of GSH by cis-(diaqua)-bis-(Ethylenediamine) Cobalt(III) Ion” Int. J. of Adv. Chem, 2(1), 39-43 (2014).
- Upadhyaya, J. Behera and S.N. Tiwari, “Synthesis and Biological activity of Eugenol-Copper Complex” Chem Sci Trans, 3(1), 213-220, (2014).
- Upadhyaya, S.N. Tiwari and J. Behera, “Isolation and Characterisation of a Bioactive Phenylpropanoid From Ocimum sanctum L. Leaves Through Chromatographic and Spectroscopic Methods” American Chemical Science Journal, 4(3), 286-297 (2014).
- Mohanty, J. Behera, S. Acharya, P. Mohanty and A. K. Pattnaik, “Metal Ion catalyzed oxidation of L-lysine by Alkaline Permanganate ion – A Kinetic and Mechanistic Approach” Chem. Sci, Trans, 2(1), 51-60 (2013).
- Upadhyaya, J. Behera and S. N. Tiwari, “Performance of Oscilence-s, an organic antifungal product against Pyricularia grisea causing blast disease of rice” Indian Phytopath, 65 (4), 340-344, 2012
- Upadhyaya, J. Behera and S.N. Tiwari, “Intigrated Management of Foliar Blast through ecotriendly formulated product, Oscext-edeveloped from Ocimum Sanctum ethandic extract”, Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection, 45(19), 2290-2300, (2012)
- Mohanty, J. Behera, S. Acharya, P. Mohanty, A. K. Pattnaik and S. P. Das, “Kinetics and mechanism of oxidation of L-cysteine and DL-methionine by morpholinium chlorochromate in aqueous acidic medium”, J. Indian Chem. Soc, 88, 1561-1566, (2011).
- Baral, S. Rout, P. Mohanty and J. Behera, “Kinetics and Mechanism of interaction of hexa-aquachromium(III) with L- Dopa in aq. Medium: comparative antiparkinsonian studies” Trans. Met. Chem, 36, 231-236, (2011)
- Upadhyaya, J. Behera and S. N. TiwarI, “Studies on the Potential of Oscext: A formulated botanical product against pyricularia grisea incitant of rice blast disease”, J. App. Zool. Res, 21(1) 79-82, (2010)
- Pattnayak, N. K. Bhuyan, J. Behera and U. K. Biswal, “Inorganic Anions in Drinking Water Collected From Different Sources of Balasore Town Planning Area” IJEP 30(6): 460-466 (2010)
- K. Biswal, J. Behera, N. K. Bhuyan and N. Pattnayak, “Physico-Chemical and Bacteriological Parameters in Different Sources of Drinking Water in the Town Planning Area of Balasore”, JTR Chem , 17(2) 6-18 (2010)
- Behera, G. S. Brahma and P. Mohanty, “Kinetics and mechanism of the reaction of aquachromium(III)with pyridine-3-carboxylic and pyridine -2,6-dicarboxylic acid:A camparative study”, J. Indian Chem. Soc.,78, 125-128, (2001).
- K. Dei, N. N. Pasupalak and P. Mohanty, “Kinetics and mechanism of the reaction of aquachromium(III) with L- ascorbic acid in aqueous media” Transition. Met. Chem.,22, 516-520 (1997).
- Dei and P. Mohanty, “Studies on Binary and Ternary Metal Chelates. Ternary Iron (III), Aluminium (III) and Berylium (II) Chelates with Nitrilotriacetic Acid and Coordinated Amino acids”, J. Indian Chem. Soc., 73, 608-610 (1996).
- Mohanty, N. Das and J. K. Dei, J. Indian Chem. Soc., “Silver catalysed Oxidation of cis-(Diglycinato)bis(ethylenediamine) cobalt(III) Ion by Potassium Peroxydisulphate in Aqueous Perchlorate Medium”, 71 143-145, (1994).
- Bharati Behera (Awarded), Utkal University – Thesis Title “Studies on reactivities of transition metal aqua – ions/aqua transition metal complex and oxidants with drugs and biomolecules.”
Currently Ph. D student at the RDW university.
- Supreet Upadhyaya (Awarded), Utkal University – Thesis Title “Evaluate the Antimicrobial properties from the botanical sources, identification of active principles by the spectroscopic and chemical methods and formulation development” Currently Ph. D student at Junior college, UP.
- Bijayalaxmi Mohanty (Awarded), Utkal University – Thesis Title “Electron transfer reaction of some transition metal ions in usual and unusual oxidation states” Currently Ph. D student at Koustuv Engineering College, BBSR.
- Nibedita Pattnayak (Awarded), Utkal University – Thesis Title “Some common pollutants in the drinking water of Balasore town planning Area: An Exhaustive Study”
Currently Ph. D student at OEC, BBSR.
- Refresher course, 5th Sep’2019, Dept. of Chemistry, Utkal University, “Role of Iron Proteins in Biosystem”.
- Teachers tranining programme, 25th Oct’2019, of Chemistry, Utkal University, “Distribution and function of elements in biosystem”.
- Induction programme, 5th Feb’2018, Dept. of Chemistry, Utkal University, “Elements of life”.
- National Seminar at B. D. Pur College, Ganjam, 16th Jan’2017, “Kinetics and mechanism of interaction of cis-diaquabis(oxalato)chromate(III) with ampicillin as an antibiotic drug in aqueous medium”.
- National Seminar, 9th Dec’2017, MCNL College, BBSR, “Role of Copper Proteins in Biosystem”.
- National Seminar, 29th Sept’2016, Mohan Subudhi College, Baramba, Cuttack, “Oxidative Stress-induced Diseases”.
- UGC sponsored course in Physical Science, 3rd Dec’2015, HRD centre, U.U, BBSR, “Laboratory Experiment on Advance Chemistry”.
- UGC sponsored course in Physical Science, 4th Dec’2015, HRD centre, U.U, BBSR, “Elements of Life”.
- Refresher course, 4th Dec’2015, HRD centre, U.U, BBSR, “Role of Oxygen Uptake Proteins in Biosystem”.
- Poster presentation in the International conference on Recent Advances in Materials Chemistry, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar on 24th – 26th Feb’ 2017.
- Poster presentation, National Conference on “New Perspective to Advance Functional Materials” (NPAFM) 15th -17th December, 2017, Department of Chemistry, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack.
- Poster presentation, Indian Science Congress Association National Seminar, 17th & 18th December, 2017, Campus- 7, KIIT University.
- Poster presentation, International Conference on Recent Advances in Materials Chemistry (RAMC 2017), Department of Chemistry, Utkal University, Vani Vihar, 24-26th Feb’2017.
- Poster Presentation, Indian Science Congress Association, Bhubaneswar, KIIT University, 12th -13th Dec’2016.
- Oral presentation, Orissa Chemical Society, KIIT University, BBSR, 24th-25th Dec’2016.
- Attended the “UGC-DSA Sponsored National Seminar on Advancement in Materials and Coordination Chemistry” held on 25th March 2015 at Department of Chemistry, Utkal University, Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar.
- Oral presentation, Orissa Chemical Society, I.G.I.T Sarang, 24th-25th Dec’2015.
- Poster Presentation, Indian Science Congress Association, Bhubaneswar, KIIT University, 9th -11th Dec’2015.
- Attended the “National Seminar on Science and Technology for Indigenous Development in India” held on 9-11th Dec’2015 at KIIT University, Bhubaneswar.
- Experiment (Lab) Work Presentation, UGC-XIIth Plan Sponsored Skill Based Workshop on “Advances in Chemical Sciences” 18th Nov’2015, Department of Chemistry, U.U.
- National Symposium on Recent Trends in Chemical Sciences, at Dept of Chem, Utkal University on 28th March, 2014.
- Attended the 28th Annual Conference of Orissa Chemical Society and National Conference on “Recent Trends in Material Science” held on 13th and 14th Dec’2014 at U.N (Auto) College of Science and Technology, Adaspur,Cuttack.
|Orientation course||20.11.1998||17.12.1998||A.S.C, UU|
|Refresher course||06.03.2002||26.03.2002||A.S.C, UU|
|Refresher course||01.09.2004||21.09.2004||A.S.C, UU|
|Refresher course||05.12.2005||25.12.2005||A.S.C, UU|
- Head of the Department of Chemistry (June, 2015 – May, 2017).
- External member (Subject Expert, DST – Govt. Of Odisha), 2016-2017.
- Organised one Internal Conference and celebrated Golden Jublee Year 2017 in the Department of Chemistry, Utkal University.
- Organised one National Seminar in the Dept. of Chemistry, Utkal University.
- Coordinator CIPET, BBSR, 2015-2017.
- Standing Selection Committee member for the faculty selection of AIIMS, BBSR
- Visiting of NAAC Peer Team on 17th Nov’2016 to the Dept. during the Headship.(1st June 2015 to 31th May 2017).
- Member of the Local Enquiry Committee to different colleges.