Name: Dr. Chinmay Pradhan
Designation: Associate Professor & HEAD
Qualification: M.Sc, M.Phil & Ph.D
Phone No.: 919438676755
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Utkal University||May, 1997 – July, 2001||
Department: P.G Department of Botany
Thesis Title:Plant Regeneration from Tissue and Cell Culture and Agrobacterium mediated Genetic Transformation of Dalbergiaspecies
Areas: Plant Biotechnology
Advisor: Prof. P.K. Chand
|Utkal University||August, 1998 – September, 1988|| M.Phil.
Department: P.G Department of Botany
Thesis Title:Optimisation of Factors for Agrobacterium Mediated Genetic Transformation of Dalbergiasisoo Roxb., A timber yielding Tree Legume
Areas: Plant Biotechnology
Advisor: Prof. P.K. Chand
|Utkal University||June, 1994 – July, 1996||
Master of Science
June, 1991 – July, 1994
|Department: P.G Department of Botany
Bachelor of Science
Department: P.G Department of Botany
|Utkal University||September 2020–present
|September 2016- Nov.-September 2020||Reader
|April 2010 – September 2020
Utkal University June 2017 – present
Designation: Research Laboratory Head
Topics: Stress Physiology, Microbiology, Plant Biotechnology
Utkal University April 2010 – June 2017
Designation: Lecturer & Reader
Topics: Stress Physiology, Microbiology, Plant Biotechnology
O.U.A.T University September 2002 – April 2010
Designation: Assistant Professor
|Course Name-CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF PLANTS
Department: P.G. Department of Botany
Duties:Teaching, Conducting Practical’s, Evaluating Students
|Course Name-CYTOGENETICS, PLANT BREEDING AND EVOLUTION
Department: P.G. Department of Botany
Duties: Teaching, Conducting Practical’s, Evaluating Students
|Course Name-PLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY
Department: P.G. Department of Botany
Duties: Teaching, Conducting Practical’s, Evaluating Students
|Course Name-BIOTECHNOLOGY AND GENETIC ENGINEERING OF PLANTS
Department: P.G. Department of Botany
Duties: Teaching, Conducting Practical’s, Evaluating Students
Dr. Chinmay Pradhan “Plant Regeneration from Tissue and Cell Culture and Agrobacterium mediated Genetic Transformation of Dalbergia species”, Prof. P.K. Chand
Dr. Chinmay Pradhan “Optimisation of Factors for Agrobacterium Mediated Genetic Transformation of Dalbergiasisoo Roxb., A timber yielding Tree Legume”, Prof. P.K. Chand
Book Articles (Authored/Edited)
- Rout, G.R. and Pradhan, C.,“Somatic embryogenesis and its application”,Plant tissueculture: Totipotency to transgenic, H.P. Sharma,(Ed).pp57-78. ISBN: 978-81-7754-467-1, 2012.
- Pradhan, C. and Mohanty, M.,”Submergence stress tolerance in crop plants”, In: Molecular Stress Physiology of Plants, Rout, Gyana Ranjan; Das, Anath Bandhu (Eds.). 430 pp. ISBN 978-81-322-0806-8. DOI 10.1007/978-81-322-0807-5_14. pp. 331-357, 2013.
- Biswasi,S.P, Mohanty, M., Pradhan,C. and Satapathy, K.B, “ Phytoremediation of Aqueous Solutions Contaminated with Nickel (Ni) by Exploitation of Azolla microphylla Kaulf &Salvinia molesta Mitchell”, A Novel Bioseparation Process for Waste Water Treatment.Industrial and Environmental Biotechnology,Pramanik, K. and Patra, J.K. (Eds.). 289-298. ISBN: 9789380012674, 2014.
- Dhali, S. and Pradhan, C.,”Chromium Induced Toxicity on Physiological and Biochemical Parameters of Horse Gram [Macrotyloma uniflorum (L.) Verdc.] var. Madhu”,Bio prospecting in Life Sciences, Rajendra Das (Eds). ISBN:978-81-8487-651-2,2019.
- Patra, D., Pradhan, C. and Patra, H.K.,” Phytoaccumilation potential of Lemongrass Cymbopogonflexuosus (Needs ex Steud) W.Watson for Chromium: a feasible approach for reduction of chromium from overburden dumps in chromite mining areas”,Phytorestoration of Abandoned Mining and Oil Drilling Sites,Bauddh Kuldeep; Korstad John and Sharma Pallavi (Eds) 207-217 Elsevier ISBN:978-0-12-821200-4, 2021.
- Nayak, B.K., Pradhan, C., Behera N.,” Microbiology of Atmosphere at Chlor alkali Plant Site, Ganjam, Orissa”,Biotechnology and Stress Management, H.K.Patra,(Ed),pp141-148,2011.
- Mohanty, M.K., Singh, C. and Pradhan, C.,” Microalgae as a prospect of biodiesel production”, Proceedings of the National Seminar on “Biofuel: its promises and prospects in fuel security” (BIPAP-2011). 24th February, 2011 at P.G. Dept. of Environmental Science, Fakir Mohan University, Balasore, Odisha pp.29-33,2011.
- Pradhan C.,”Plant tissue culture to combat stress for enhanced food production”, Biotechnology and Stress Management. H.K.Patra,(Ed),pp 15-30 ,2012.
- Hota, T., Pradhan, C., “Screening of Sesamum germplasms for Salinity Stress”,Plant Genomics and Biotechnology, Challenges and Opportunities in 21st Century, K. C Samal and G.R Rout (Ed), pp 157-172. ISBN: 9789365777394, 2016.
- T Hota, C Pradhan, G R Rout, “Sesame (Sesamum indicum) An Oil Seed Crop: A Review”, Proceeding of the International Conference of Plant Development Biology, 53, Cambridge Scholars, 2018.
- Patel, P., Dehery, S. K., Jena, S. N., Pradhan, C., & Das, A. B. (2023). Ecotype variations in karyotypes and 2C DNA content in Drimia indica (Roxb.) Jossop: An important medicinal plant. Journal of Applied Research on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, 37, 100506. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jarmap.2023.100506
- Patel, P., Dehery, S.K., Jena, S. N., Pradhan, C., and Das, A.B (2023) Chromosomal variations in twelve ecotypes of a medicinal plant Drimia indica (Roxb.) Jessop: karyotypes and 2C DNA content analysis. Genet Resour Crop Evol. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10722-023-01645-1
- Panda, E., Dehery, S.K., Pradhan, C., et al. (2023) Study of Karyotype Asymmetry and Chromosome Number in Seven Cooking Bananas (Musa acuminata L.). Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., India, Sect. B Biol. Sci. 93, 387–395. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40011-022-01427-2
- Acharya, S., Jali, P., Pradhan, M., Pradhan, C., & Mohapatra, P. K., (2023) Antimicrobial and Antioxidant Property of a True Mangrove Rhizophora apiculata Bl. Chemistry & Biodiversity, e202201144. https://doi.org/10.1002/cbdv.202201144
- Choudhary, A., Kumar, P.,Sahu, S.K.,Pradhan, C., Joshi, K., Singh,S.K., Kumar, P., Cyrille A. Mezoue ,Singh, A.K.,and Tyagi, B., (2022) Health Risk Appraisal Associated with Air Quality over Coal-Fired Thermal Power Plants and Coalmine Complex Belts of Urban–Rural Agglomeration in the Eastern Coastal State of Odisha, India. 13: 2064. 2-17. Atmosphere. https://doi.org/10.3390/atmos13122064
- Panda, E., Dehey,S.K., Pradhan,C., and Das, A.B (2022).Study of Karyotype Asymmetry and Chromosome Numberin Seven Cooking Bananas (Musa acuminata ). Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, India, Biological Science. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40011-022-01427-2
- Sahu, S.K., Mangaraj, P., Tyagi,B.,Yadav,R., Paul,O., Chaulya,S., Pradhan,C., Das, N., Sahoo,P. and Beig,G., (2022) Estimating NOX,VOC and CO variability over India’s 1st smart city: Bhubaneswar. Frontiers in Environmental Science. DOI: 3389/fenvs.2022.997026
- Dhali, S.,Acharya,S., Pradhan,M., Patra, D. and Pradhan,C. (2022) Synergistic effect of Bacillus and Rhizobium on cytological and photosynthetic performance of Macrotyloma uniflorum (Lam.) Verdc. Grown in Cr (VI) contaminated soil. 190:62-69. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.plaphy.2022.08.027. ISSN: 0981-9428. F : 5.437
- Choudhary, A., Pradeep, K., Sahu, S.K and Pradhan, C., Singh,K., Gašparović, Shukla, A., Singh, A.K. (2022) Time Series Simulation and Forecasting of Air Quality Using In-situ and Satellite-Based Observations Over an Urban Region. Nature Environment and Pollution Technology. 21(3): 1-12. ISSN: 0972-6268, e-ISSN: 2395-3454
- Satpathy, P. and Pradhan, C. (2022) Biomethanation of Crop Residues to Combat Stubble Burning in India: Design and Simulation Using ADM1Mathematical Model. 1:125–138. Methane, https://doi.org/10.3390/methane1020011
- Choudhary, A., Pradeep, K., Sahu, S.K and Pradhan, C. (2022) Realtime Roadway Pollution in Indian Cities: A Comparative Assessment with modelled Emission. Research Journal of Chemistry and Environment. 26(5): 97-106.
- Pradhan,M., Das, R. Sahoo,R.K., Adak, T., Pradhan,C. and Mohanty,S. (2022) Comparative P solubilizing efficiencies of five acid soil bacteria incubated with calcium, aluminium and iron phosphates. Indian Journal of Biochemistry & Biophysics. 59: 947-955. DOI: 10.56042/ijbb.v59i10.67099
- Patra, D., Pradhan, C. Acharya, S., and Patra, H.K. (2021) Poaceae plants as potential phytoremediators of heavy metals and eco-restoration in contaminated mining sites. Environmental Technology & Innovation. 101293: ISSN: 2352-1864 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eti.2020.101293. F :5.263
- Das, S.K, Das, B., Jena, A.B., Pradhan,C.,Sahoo, G. and Dandapat,J. (2022) Therapeutic Potential and Ethnopharmacology of Dominant Mangroves of Bhitarkanika National Park, Odisha, India. Chemistry and Biodiversity. org/10.1002/cbdv.202100857. I.F :2.29
- Pradhan,B., Das,M. And Pradhan,C. (2022) Recent Develpoments of Effective Sorbents Materials for Oil Spill Cleanup: A Review. 42(7): 783-791. IJEP. ISSN:0253-7141
- Choudhary, A., Gokhale, S., Kumar, P., Pradhan, C. and Sahu, S.K.,(2022) Urban traffic congestion: its causes-consequences mitigation. 26(12): 164-176. Research Journal of Chemistry and Environment.
- Pradhan,M., Das, R. Dhali,S., Lakra, P.B. Pradhan,C. and Mohanty,S. (2021) Plant growth promoting activities of P solubilizing bacteria and its effect on disease resistance to soil borne fungal pathogens in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L). Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 56: 606-616 ISSN : 0367-8245 Print Essn: 0976-058X F :0.818
- Pradhan,B., Das,M. Pradhan, C.Nayak,S.(2021) Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production Activities in Odisha Offshore; a bird’s eye view on M Das: Potential Socio-Environmental Impact. SGAT Bulletin 21(1):29-37 ISSN 0972-2173
- Satapathy,S., Soren,J.P, Mondal,K.C., Srivastava., S., Pradhan,C.,Sahoo,S.L., Thatoi, H.N., and Rout,J.R, Industrially relevant pectinase production from Aspergillus parvisclerotigenus KX928754 using apple pomace as the promising substrate,Journal of Taibah University for Science. 15(1): 347-356,ISSN: 1658-3655 ,DOI: 10.1080/16583655.2021.1978833,I.F :2.688,2021
- Pradhan,B., Das,M.and Pradhan, C., Marine Oil Spills: Implications on Response Plan,EnvironmentAsia. 14(3): 13-22., ISSN 1906-1714, E ISSN:2586-8861., DOI 10.14456/ea.2021.19 F :0.453,2021.
- Sahu, S.K., Mangaraj, P., Beig,G., Samal, A., Pradhan,C., Dash, S. and Tyagi,B., Quantifying the high resolution seasonal emission of air pollutants from crop residue burning in India., Environmental Pollution. 117165,ISSN :0269–7491, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j,envpol.2021.117165, I.F:8.071,2021.
- Pradhan,B., Das,M.and Pradhan, C. ,Forecasting oil spill movement through trajectory modelling: a case study from Bay of Bengal, India, Modeling Earth System and Environment. 7:1107-1119,ISSN : 2363-6203 (Print), E ISSN: 2363-6211, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s40808-020-00933-4,2021.
- Dalai,D., Chakroborti, M, Mondal, T.K., Ray,S., Kar, M.K, Chakroborti, K., Pani,D.R, Sarkar,S., Bose, L.K., Behera,M., Chattopadhyay, K., Deepa, Vijayan, J., Dash,S.K., Pradhan, C., Patra, B.C., Marndi, B.C.,The core set of sequence-tagged microsatellite sites markers between halophytic wild rice Oryza coarctata and Oryzasativa Euphytica,DOI:https://doi.org/10.1007/s10681-021-02790-3, ISSN :0014–2336 E ISSN: 1573-5060,I.F:1.895,2021.
- Dhali, S., Pradhan,M., Sahoo,R.,K., Mohanty,S. and Pradhan,C., Alleviating Cr (VI) stress in horse gram (Macrotyloma uniflorum Madhu) by native Cr-tolerant nodule endophytes isolated from contaminated site of Sukinda, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-021-13009-2, ISSN: 09441344,I.F :4.223,2021.
- Jagatee, S., Rout, J.R, Behera, S., Ram, S.S., Sudarsan, M., Pradhan,C., Sahoo, S.L. and Mohanty, R.C., Effect of enzymatic hydrolysis on structural, chemical and elemental properties of sweet potato flour, Waste and BiomassValorization.12: 687-697, Print ISSN: 1877-2641, Online ISSN: 1877-265X,DOI 10.1007/s12649-020-00984-9, I.F:3.703,2021.
- Gantayat, S., Nayak, S.P., Badamali, S., Pradhan,C., and Das, A.B.,Analysis on cytotoxicity and oxidative damage of iron nano-composite on Allium cepa root meristem,Cytologia. 85(4) : 325-332.,ISSN:0011-4545.,DOI: 10.1508/cytologia.85.325,I.F :0.791,2020.
- Sahu, S.K., Tyagi, B.,Beig, G., Mangaraj, P., Pradhan,C, Khuntia, S. and Singh, V., Significant changes in air quality parameters during the year 2020 over 1st smart city of India: Bhubaneswar., SN Applied Sciences, DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/s42452-020-03831-7. 2:1990, ISSN :2523-3971,2020.
- Singh, S.S., Pradhan,C,,Swain, D. and Rout, G.,Augmenting in vitro shoot multiplication by growth Regulators and Photoperiod in Vigna mungo(Hepper.).,Current Journal of Applied Science and Technology. 39(34): 36-45., ISSN: 2457-1024, 2020.
- Patra, D., Grahacharya, A.,Pradhan, C., and Patra,H.K,Phytoremediation potential of coffee pod (Cassia tora): An insitu approach for attenuation of chromium from overburdensoil of Sukinda Chromite Mine, India,Environmental Progress Sustainable Energy , ISSN : 1944-7442, DOI: 10.1002/ep.13510.,F: 2.431,2020.
- Tripathy,S., Jali, P., Parida, C. and Pradhan, C., Study on biodegradability and thermal behaviour of composites using poly lactic acid and gamma-irradiated fibres of Luffa cylindrica. Chemosphere 261: 127684, ISSN : 0045-6535. F :7.086,2020.
- Panda, A., Patra, D., Acharya, S.,Pradhan, C., and Patra,H.K ,Assessment of the phytoremediation potential of Zinnia elegans plant species for Hexavalent chromium through pot experiment. Environmental Technology & Innovation.20: 101042,ISSN: 2352-1864. I.F: 5.263,2020.
- Kullu, B., Patra, D., Acharya, S.,Pradhan, C., and Patra,H.K , AM fungi mediated bioaccumulation of Hexavalent chromium in Brachiaria mutica – a mycorrhizal phytoremediation approach,Chemosphere. 258:127337, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2020.127337, ISSN : 0045-6535 , IF 7.086 2020.
- Acharya, S., Patra, D., Pradhan, C.,and Mohapatra,P.K , Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-oxidative properties of different extracts of Bruguiera gymnorrhiza (Mangrove), European Journal of Integrative Medicine. 36: 101140 ,DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eujim.2020.101140 , ISSN: 1876-3820, 2020.
- Jagatee,S., Priyadarsini,S, Pradhan,C. Sahoo,S.L.,Mohanty,R.C Ram,S.S, Sudarshan, MTeka,T.A, Jyoti R.R ,Optimization of saccharification prospective from starch of sweet potato roots through acid-enzyme hydrolysis: structural,chemical and elemental profiling,Acta Biologica Szegediensis. 64(2):139-150, ISSN:15884082, 1588385X,2020.
- Patra, D., Pradhan, C., Kumar,J.and Patra,H.K , Assessment of chromium toxicity, phytoremediation and tolerance potential of Sesbania sesban and Brachiaria mutica grown on chromite mine overburden dumps and garden soil, Chemosphere. 252:126553,DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2020.126553, ISSN : 0045-6535.,2020.
- Dey, A., Jali, P., Behera, A.K., Das,A.B and Pradhan,C., A study on efficient microbial biodegradation of cellulose based jute composite., Polymer Composite. 41:1428-1434, Print ISSN: 0272-8397, Online ISSN: 1548-0569,DOI: 10.1002/pc.25466, IF- 3.171,2020.
- Samal, P., Tripathy P., Das, R., Sahoo, S.L., Pradhan, C., Padhi, B.K and Rout, J.R. (2019) Vibriocidal activity of leaf and rhizome extract of Maranta arundinacea L., Journal of Applied Biology and Biotechnology. 7(5): 79-82., DOI 10.7324/JAAB.2019.70513, ISSN : 2455-7005 and e-ISSN: 2347-212X, 2019.
- Jali, P., Acharya, S., Mahalik, G., Pradhan,C. and Das, A.B ,Low dose cadmium (II) induced antifungal activity against blast disease in rice, Physiological and Molecular Plant Pathology. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pmpp.2019.101422. 108 (2019) 101422 ,ISSN:0885-5765, IF- 2.747,2019.
- Sahu, S.K., Tyagi,B., Pradhan, C. and Beig,G , Evaluating the variability, transport and periodicity of particulate matter over smart city Bhubaneswar, a tropical coastal station of eastern India, SN Applied Sciences, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s42452-019-0427-2. 1:383 , 2019.
- Patra, D., Pradhan, C. and Patra,H.K , Chelate based Phytoremediation study for attenuation of Chromium toxicity stress using Lemongrass: Cymbopogon flexuosus (Nees ex Steud.) W. Watson, International Journal of Phytoremediation, DOI:10.1080/15226514.2018.1488812, ISSN:15497879, 15226514. 20(13): 1324-1329, 2019.
- Patra, D., Pradhan, C. and Patra,H.K, Chromium bioaccumulation, oxidative stress metabolism and oil content in lemon grass Cymbopogon flexuosus (Nees ex Steud.) W. Watson grown in chromium rich over burden soil of Sukinda-chromitemine, India,Chemosphere.218:1082-1088. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2018.11.211, ISSN : 0045-6535 ,2019.
- Rout, J.R., Kerry, G., Panigrahi D., Sahoo, S.L, Pradhan, C.,Ram, S.S., Chakrobarty A., Mathummal S., Biochemical, molecular, and elemental profiling of Withania somnifera L.with response to zinc stress. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 26(4) : 4116 – 4129 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-018-3926-6,ISSN: 09441344,I.F :4.223, 2019.
- Dhal, P., Rout, J.R., Dash, P.K., Panda, S., Pati P, Rath, C.C., Pradhan, C., Sahoo, S.L., Larvicidal and Pupicidal activity of Clerodendrum philippinum Schauer Leaf Extracts against Anopheles stephensi and Aedes aegypti. Pharmacognosy Journal 10(6):1137- 42, DOI: 10.5530/pj.2018.6.194, ISSN: 0975-3575. I.F :1.07, 2018.
- Patra, D., Pradhan, C. and Patra,H.K , Chromium stress impact on Lemongrass grown in Over Burden Soil of Sukinda Chromite Ore Mine (Odisha), India. Annals of Plant sciences. ISSN: 2287-688X 7(8): 2394-2397, DOI: https://doi.org/10.21746/aps.2018.7.8.5, 2018.
- Pradhan, M., Dhali,S., Lakra,P.B., Pradhan, C. and Mohanty, S.(2018) Study on P solubilizing efficiencies of native PSB isolates from acid soils of Odisha. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 7(4): 1557-1566 E-ISSN: 2278-4136, P-ISSN: 2349-8234,2018.
- Gantayat, S., Mania, S., Pradhan, C. and Das, A.B, Ionic stress induced Cytotoxic Effect of Cadmium and Nickel Ions on Roots of Allium cepa L. Cytologia 83(2) : 143-148. ISSN:0011-4545. I.F :0.791, 2018.
- Jena, P., Pradhan, C. and Patra, H.K, Chromium phytoaccumulation and tolerance potential of Coffe Pod: Cassia tora (L.) Roxb. grown in chelate and fertilizer assisted soil. Annals of Plant sciences. ISSN: 2287-688X 7(6): 2338-2341,2018.
- Pradhan, M., Lakra,P.B., Sahoo, R.K., Pradhan, C. and Mohanty, S., Soil microbial biomass phosphorous and phosphatase activity as influenced by application of P solubilizing bacteria in acid soil. Multilogic in Science, ISSN 2277-7601. 35(8): 270-275, 2018.
- Patra, D., Pradhan, C. and Patra,H.K , An in situ study of growth of Lemongrass Cymbopogon flexuosus (Nees ex Steud.) W.Watson on varying concentration of Chromium (Cr+6) on soil and its bioaccumulation:Perspectives on phytoremediation potential and phytostabilisation of Chromium toxicity, Chemosphere. 193: 793-799,Elsevier, DOI:10.1016/j.chemosphere.2017.11.062, ISSN : 0045-6535. F : 7.086,2018.
- Tripathy, S., Pradhan, C. and Parida, C., Study of Biodegradation of Luffa Cylindrica/Poly(lactic) Acid Composites,International Journal of Current Research and Review, ISSN: 2231-2196 (Print), ISSN: 0975-5241 (Online). 10(2):1-5,DOI:10.7324/IJCRR.2018.1021,2018.
- Acharya, S., Jena,R.C, Das,S.J, Pradhan, C. and Chand, P.K., Assessment of air pollution tolerance index of some selected road side plants of Bhubaneswar city of Odisha state in India. Journal of Environmental Biology. 38 (1): 1398- 1404, ISSN: 0254-8704 (Print), ISSN:2394-0379. DOI: 10.22438.,I.F:0.781, 2017.
- Pradhan, M., Sahoo,R.K, Pradhan, C., Tuteja, N and Mohanty,S., Contribution of native phosphorous-solubilizing bacteria of acid soils on phosphorous acquisition in peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Protoplasma. 254 (6) : 2225-2236, DOI: 10.1007/s00709-017-1112-1. I.F :3.356,2017.
- Pradhan, C., Routray, D. and Das, A.B., Silver Nitrate Mediated Oxidative Stress Induced Genotoxicity of Allium cepaL. Cytologia82(2) : 183-191. ISSN:0011-4545, DOI: http://doi.org/10.1508/cytologia.82.183. ,I.F :0.791, 2017.
- Pradhan,M., Pradhan, C. and Mohanty,S., Effect of P- Solubilizing Bacteria on Microbial Biomass P and Phosphatase Activity in Groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L) Rhizosphere. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences 6(4) : 1240-1260, https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2017.604.152, ISSN: 2319-7706, 2017.
- Sethi, B.K, Dikshit, B., Sahoo, S.L, Pradhan, C., Sena, S. and Behera, B.C ., Extracellular production of Amylase and Protease by Penicillium purpurogenum Bioengineering&Bioscience. 5 (1) : 01-06 ,DOI : 10.13189/bb.2017.050101, 2017.
- Sethi, B.K, Parida, P., Sahoo, S.L, Dikshit, B., Pradhan, C., Sena, S. and Behera, B.C (2016) Extracellular production and characterization of red pigment from Penicillium purpurogenum BKS9, Algerian Journal of Natural Products 4(3): 379-392, ISSN : 2353-0391 ,2016.
- Jena, P., Pradhan, C. and Patra, H.K., Effects of Chelate-Assisted Chromium (Cr+6) on Growth, and Chromium Bioaccumulation in Paragrass (Brachiaria muticaStapf). Journal of Plant Physiology & Pathology. 4(3):01-05,DOI: 10.4172/2329-955X.1000158, 2016.
- Hota,T., Pradhan, C. and Rout, G.R., Agromorphological and Molecular Characterization of Sesamum indicum– An Oil Seed Crop. American Journal of Plant Science. ISSN (Print): 2158-2750, ISSN (On Line): 2158-2750, DOI: 10.4236/ajps.2016.717210. (7): 2399-2411, 2016.
- Hota,T., Pradhan, C. and Rout, G.R., Physiological and biochemical characterization of Sesamum germplasm tolerant to NaCl. Journal of Applied Biology and Biotechnology. 4(5): 014-025. DOI 10.7324/JAAB.2016.40503., ISSN : 2455-7005 and e-ISSN: 2347-212X, 2016.
- Panda, E., Pradhan, C and Das, A.B., Variations in phytoconstituents and antimicrobial activities in ecotypes of Oxalis corniculata (L.) and Oxalis debilis (Kunth.), International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences., ISSN :0975-1491. 8(10) : 270-275 , DOI:22159/ijpps.2016v8i10.14069, 2016.
- Jena, P., Pradhan, C. and Patra, H.K., Cr+6-induced growth, biochemical alterations and Chromium bioaccumulation in Cassia tora (L.)Roxb., Annals of Plant sciences, ISSN: 2287-688X 5(7): 1368-1373, DOI:21746/aps.2016.07.001, 2016.
- Pradhan,M., Sahoo, S.K., Mohanty, S. and Pradhan, C., Isolation of P- solubilizing bacteria from acid soils of Odisha with ability to solubilize inorganic phosphates. International Journal of Microbiology Research: ISSN: 0975-5276, E-ISSN: 0975-9174. 4(4): 747-753, 2016.
- Das, A.B, Das, A., Pradhan, C. and Naskar,S.K , Genotypic variations of ten Indian cultivars of Colocasiaesculenta antiquorom Schott. Evident by chromosomal and RAPD markers, Caryologia: International Journal of Cytology, Cytosystematics and Cytogenetics, Vol. 68(1), 44-54, DOI- 10.1080/00087114.2015.1013335, ISSN: 0008-7114, I.F :0.781, 2015.
- Parida,C., Dash, S.K , Pradhan,C.,and Das, S.C, Dielectric Response of Luffa Fiber – Reinforced Resorcinol Formaldehyde Composites. American Journal of Materials Science, ISSN: 2162-9382 (Print), 2162-8424 (eISSN) 5(1): 1-8, DOI: 10.5923/j.materials.20150501.01.,2015.
- Mohanty, M., Pradhan, C.and Patra, H. K.,Chromium translocation, concentration and its phytotoxic impacts in invivo grown seedlings of Sesbania sesban Merr, Acta Biologica Hungarica, ISSN: 02365383 (Print),1588256 X (Online) DOI:10.1556 / ABiol.66.2015.1.7: 66(1): 80–92,F :0.86,2015.
- Parida,C., Pradhan,C., Dash, S.K and Das, S.C., Dynamic Mechanical Behavior of Luffacylindrica Fiber-Resorcinol Composites.,Open Journal of Composite Materials., ISSN: 2164-5612 (Print), 2164-5655 (On line).5: 22-29.,DOI:4236/ojcm.2015.51005,2015.
- Parida, C., Dash, S.K and Pradhan,C., FTIR and Raman Studies of Cellulose Fibers of Luffa cylindrical.Open Journal of Composite Materials,ISSN: 2164-5612 (Print), 2164-5655 (On line).5:5-10, 2015.
- Ghosh,T., Das,A.B.,Jena, B. and Pradhan, C., Antimicrobial effect of silver zinc oxide (Ag-ZnO) nanocomposite particles, Frontiers in Life Science, DOI:10.1080/21553769. 2013.765811.,ISSN: 2155-3769 (Print), 8(1):47-54, F :1.622, 2015.
- Mohanty, M. and Pradhan, C.,Phytoconstituent Analysis and Comparative Bioefficacy Assessment of Breadfruit Leaf and Fruit Extracts for Antipathogenic Potentiality, American Journal of Phytomedicine and Clinical Therapeutics,ISSN : 2321-2748. 2(1): 077- 087,2014.
- Mohanty, P., Rout, J.R., Pradhan, C. and Sahoo, S.L. , Morphological and biochemical responses of Aegiceras corniculatum to salinity stress.,Journal of Stress Physiology and Biochemistry, ISSN : 1997-08389 (3):366-375, 2013.
- Pradhan, C., Mohanty, M., Rout, A., Das, A.B., Satapathy K.B. and Patra H.K., Phytoconstituent screening and comparative assessment of antimicrobial potentiality of Artocarpus altilis fruit extracts. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. ISSN :0975-1491.5(3): 840-843,2013.
- Pradhan, C., Mohanty, M.and Rout, A, Assessment of the Antibacterial Potential of Breadfruit Leaf extracts against Pathogenic Bacteria.,International Journal of Pharmacy., ISSN : 2249-1848. 3(2): 374-379, 2013.
- Pradhan, C. Mohanty, M.and Rout, A., Phytochemical screening and bioefficacy assessment of Artocarpus altilis leaf extracts for antimicrobial activity. Frontiers in Life Science, DOI:10.1080/21553769. 2013.765811,ISSN: 2155-3769 (Print), 2155-3777 (Online). 6(3–4): 71–76.,F :1.622, 2013.
- Mishra, S., Mohanty, M., Pradhan, C., Patra, H. K., Das, R. and Sahoo, S. L., Physicochemical assessment of paper mill effluent and its heavy metal remediation using aquatic macrophytes – a case study at JK paper mill, Rayagada, India. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, ISSN: 0167-6369 185(5):4347-4359,DOI:12691/aees-1-5-4,I.F :2.513, 2013.
- Kanungo S., Pradhan C., Sahoo S.L., Sahu R.K., Role of auxins in the in vitro rooting and micropropagation of Holarrhena antidysenterica, a woody aromatic medicinal plant, through nodal explants from mature trees. Journal of Medicinal Plant Research, ISSN: 1996-08756(31):4660-4666, DOI10.5897/JMPR12.17, 2012..
- Swain S.S., Sahu, L., Pal. A., Barik, D., Pradhan, C. and Chand, P.K., Hairy root cultures of butterfly pea (Clitoria ternatea) : Agrobacterium x plant factors influencing transformation. World Journal of Microbiology & Biotechnology, ISSN:0959-3993.28:729–739, I.F :3.312, 2012.
- Das, A.B, Jena, S., Pradhan, C. and Chand, P.K.,Genetic variability among male populations of a minor mangrove Excoecaria agallocha as evident by chromosome morphology and DNA markers, The Nucleus, ISSN: 0029-568X 54(1):39–47, 2011.
- Pattnaik S., Pradhan C., Naik S. K., Chand P.K., Shoot Organogenesis and Plant-let Regeneration from Hypocotyl-derived cell suspension of a Tree Legume Dalbergiasissoo,In Vitro Cell. Dev. Biol.-Plant,ISSN:1054-5476 .36: 407-411, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11627-000-0073-8,I.F :2.252, 2000.
- C, Pattnaik . S., Chand , P. K., Rapid in vitro Propagation of East Indian Rosewood (Dalbergialatifolia Roxb.) through High Frequency Shoot Proliferation from Cotyledonary Nodes. Journal of Plant Biochemistry & Biotechnology, ISSN: 0971-7811.7: 61-64, I.F :1.175, 1998.
- Pradhan C., Kar S, Pattnaik S. , Chand P. K., Propagation of Dalbergiasissoothrough invitro shoot proliferation from cotyledonary nodes,Plant Cell Reports, ISSN: 0721-7714 .18: 122-126,https://doi.org/10.1007/s002990050543,I.F :4.570, 1998.
- Pradhan C., Pattnaik S., Dwari M., Chand P. K., Efficient plant regeneration from cell suspension-derived callus of East Indian Rosewood (Dalbergialatifolia). Plant Cell Reports.1, ISSN: 0721-7714. 18:138-142,https://doi.org/10.1007/s002990050546,I.F :4.570,1998.
- Pradhan,M., Das, R. Dhali,S., Lakra, P.B. Pradhan,C. and Mohanty,S. , Plant growth promoting activities of P solubilizing bacteria and its effect on disease resistance to soil borne fungal pathogens in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L), Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 56: 606-616,ISSN : 0367-8245 Print Essn: 0976-058X, F :0.818, 2021.
- Pradhan,B., Das,M. Pradhan, C.Nayak,S., Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production Activities in Odisha Offshore; a bird’s eye view on M Das: Potential Socio-Environmental Impact. SGAT Bulletin 21(1):29-37 ISSN 0972-2173,2021..
- Jena, D., Acharya,S., Patra, D., Dhali, S. and Pradhan, C.,Induced antifungal activity in Oryza sativa caused by Pyricularia oryzae Cav. with low dose of Nickel priming. Plant Archives20 (2) : 6669-6679. E-ISSN:2581-6063, Print ISSN:0972-5210.,2020.
- Patra, D., Pradhan, C., Acharya,S. and Patra, H.K., Chelator application improves the antioxidant defense activity, chromium uptake and oil content in lemon grass grown in chromium contaminated over burden dumps of mining area.Plant Archives20 (2) : 4585-4591. E-ISSN:2581-6063, Print ISSN:0972-5210, 2020.
- Singh,S. S., Pradhan, C., Swain, D. and Rout,G., Factor associated with transient GUS reporter gene expression in transgenic black gram (Vigna mungoHepper. var. PU31). Research Journal of Biotechnology. 15 (9) : 35-42. E-ISSN: 2278-4535 Print ISSN: 0973-6263 ,2020.
- Pradhan, M., Das, R., Sahoo,R.K, Pradhan, C. and Mohanty, S., Biochemical characterization of isolated native P solubilising bacteria from acid soils of Odisha. Research Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 11(2) : 288-293. ISSN: 0976-1675, 2020.
- Jena, P.,Patra, D., Pradhan, C. and Patra, H.K. (2020)Translocation and accumulation of chromium and its phytotoxic effect on Sesbania sesban.Annals of Plant and Soil Research. 22(2) : 146-150 ISSN: 2347-6036,
- Patra, D., Pradhan, C. and Patra, H.K., Effect of chelators on morpho-physiological parameters of paragrass (Bracharia mutica) grown in over burden soil of Sukinda chromite mine .Annals of Plant and Soil Research. 22(2) : 160-165 ISSN: 2347-6036, 2020.
- Dhali, S., Pradhan, M., Sahoo, R.K., Pradhan, C. and Mohanty, S.,Growth and biochemical variations in Macrotyloma uniflorum var. Madhu under chromium stress. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 54(1): 95-100,ISSN : 0367-8245 ,Print Essn: 0976-058X ,DOI: 10.18805/IJARe.A5209,2020.
- Satpathy, P. and Pradhan, C.,Rice stubble as a potential bio-energy substrate. Plant Science Research. ISSN: 0972-8546: 41(1&2):41-43, 2019.
- Patel,P., Dehery, S., Pradhan, C. and Das,A.B.,Ecotype diversity of numerical and structural chromosomes of Drimia indica(Roxb.) Jessop (Hyacinthaceae) as revealed from karyotype analysis. Plant Science Research. ISSN: 0972-8546: 41(1&2):1-7,2019.
- Hota,T., Pradhan, C., and Rout, G.R, Identification of drought tolerant genotypes using enzymatic markers: Indian Journal of Experimental Biology 57: 690-699.F :0.818, 2019.
- Dalai, D., Sardar, S.S and Pradhan,C., NaCl Induced Oxidative Stress on Two Different Cultivars of Sunflower (Helianthus annuus ),International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences,ISSN: 2319-7706: 8(8): 2607-2619, 2019.
- Samal,A. , Acharya, S. and Pradhan, C., Biological and toxicological effects of cadmium on Phaseolus vulgaris International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR). ISSN: (Online): 2319-7064. 8(1): 301-306,2019.
- Pradhan, M., Dhali, S., Sahoo, R.K., Pradhan,C. and Mohanty, S., Effect of P solubilising bacteria and P fertilizer on inorganic P fractions of acid soil and its influence on P uptake in ground (Acachis hypogaea L.) Legume Research (ARCC) 5(42): 694-698, ISSN: 0250-5371, Print ISSN: 0976-0571 ,On line DOI : 10.18805/LR-3991. F :0.531, 2019.
- Satpathy, P. and Pradhan, C., Mathematical modelling and simulation of a rice straw-based biogas plant. Plant Science Research. ISSN: 0972-8546: 40(1&2):51-55,2018.
- Jali, P., Pradhan, C. and Das, A .B. Cadmium modulated defense of rice plant against fungal blast (Pyricularia oryzae ) as evident by morphological and physiological changes. Plant Science Research. ISSN: 0972-8546: 38(1&2):19-22 (2016).
- Jali, P., Das, A .B. and Pradhan, C. Physiological and Biochemical Changess to Low Doses of Cadmium in Two Important Varieties of Oryza sativa of Odisha, India. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR). ISSN: (Online): 2319-7064. 4(3): 928-934 (2015).
- Samantaray, S., Das,S., Mohanty, R.C., Mohanty, M. and Pradhan, C. Antioxidative Enzyme Response and Proline Biosynthesis in Two Cultivars of Indian Wild Rice under Hexavalent Chromium Stress. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR). ISSN: (Online): 2319-7064.4(1) 2754-2758 (2015).
- Das, S., Samantaray, S., Mohanty, R.C., Mohanty, M. and Pradhan, C. A Comparative In Vitro Study on Biochemical Alterations in Two Cultivars of Black Gram to Nickel Stress. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR). ISSN: (Online): 2319-7064 : 4(1) 2780-2783 (2015).
- Ghosh, T., Pradhan, C., and Das, A.B. (2015) Genotypic response of high-yielding lowland rice varieties of Odisha to cadmium. Plant Science Research. ISSN: 0972-8546: 37(1&2):60-64
- Samantaray, S., Das,S., Mohanty, R.C., Mohanty, M. and Pradhan, C. Altered Germination Index and Chlorophyll Biosynthesis in Seedlings of Wild Cultivars in Response to Hexavalent Chromium Stress. ISSN 2278 – 5469 EISSN 2278-5450. 27(97), 27-35 (2015).
- Das, S., Samantaray, S., Mohanty, R.C., Mohanty, M. and Pradhan, C. Photosynthetic response and proline bioaccumulation inblack gram induced by Nickel stress. Discovery. ISSN 2278 – 5469 EISSN 2278 – 5450. 27(97), 36-42 (2015).
- Jagatee, S., Pradhan, C., Dash, P.K.,Sahoo, S.L. and Mohanty, R.C. Optimization for saccharifcation of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) flour for enhanced ethanol production. International Journal of Science, Technology & Management (IJSTM). ISSN (online): 2394-1537: 4(1) : 67-76 (2015).
- Nayak, R., Panda, A.,Pradhan, C., Samanta, L. and Sahoo, S.L. Characterization of antioxidant potential of Abutilon Indicum and Paederia Foetida L. International Journal of Science, Technology & Management (IJSTM). ISSN (online): 2394-1537 : 4(4) : 95-104 (2015).
- Jali, P., Das, A .B. and Pradhan, C. A Comparative Analysis of Physiological and Biochemical Responses to Low Doses of Cadmium in Two Important Varieties of Oryza sativa of Odisha, India. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR). ISSN: (Online): 2319-7064. 3(12) : 1920-192 (2014) .
- Lipsa, Mohanty M., Patra H. K. and Pradhan, C. (2014) Cadmium and chromium induced physiological changes in sesban seedlings. PlantScienceResearch. 36(1&2): 43-47.
- Mathan, J., Mohanty, M., Pradhan, C. and Patra, H. K. (2014) Toxicological changes in rice under nickel stress. Biolife. ISSN:2320-4257. 2(1&2):363-369
- Mishra, M., Pradhan,C. and Satapathy, K.B. Decontamination of Lead from aquatic environment by exploitation of floating macrophyte Azolla microphylla IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology (IOSR-JESTFT) DOI: 10.9790/2402-081231723 ISSN: 2319-2402 (On line), 2319-2399(Print). 8(12):17-23 (2014).
- Nayak J., Mathan J., Mohanty M. and Pradhan C. An in vitro hydroponic study on Physiological and Biochemical responses of Indian wild Rice to varying doses of Hexavalent Chromium. International Research Journal of Environment Sciences. ISSN 2319–1414. 3(11): 20-28 (2014).
- Pradhan C., Das A.B Variation in karyotype and DNA markers in different ecotypes of mangrove associate, Suaeda nudiflora (Willd.) Moq. From Bhitarkanika,Odisha. Plant Science Research. https://doi.org/10.5897/AJAR.9000442ISSN: 0972-854634 34:72-78 (2012).
- Swain, S.S., Pal, A., Sahu, L.,Pradhan, C., Barik, D.P., Chand, P.K.Nutrient-alginate encapsulated nodal explants of butterfly pea (Clitoria ternatea ) as synseeds for germplasm conservation and exchange. Plant Science Research https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biotechadv.2012.09.007 ISSN: 0972-8546 .32:48-55 (2010) .
- Pradhan, C., Rath, J. and Mohanty M.(2013) Quorum sensing. 3 (1&2): 17-22. ISSN: 09765204
- Pradhan, C.,and Mohanty M. (2015) A Review on Phytochemistry, Bio-Efficacy, Medicinal and Ethno-Pharmaceutical Importance of Artocarpus altilis. International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Research. 3(1): 219-231. ISSN: 2349-7203
- Jali, P., Pradhan,C., Das, A.B. (2016) Effects of Cadmium Toxicity in Plants: A Review Article. Scholars Academic Journal of Biosciences (SAJB). ISSN 2321-6883 (Online), ISSN 2347-9515 (Print)4(12):1074-1081. DOI: 10.21276/sajb.2016.4.12.3
- Panda, E., Pradhan, C and Das, A.B. (2017) Phytoconstituents and cytological variability of medicinally important herb Oxalis species occurring in India- a critical review. Plant Science Research. http://dx.doi.org/10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232.3(11).4077-85 ISSN: 0972-8546. 39(1&2): 47-55.
- Kerry,G., Mahapatra,G.P, Patra,S., Sahoo, S.L, Pradhan,C., Padhi, B.K.. and Rout,J.R (2018) Proteomic and genomic responses of plants to nutritional stress. 31(2): 161-187Biometals. ISSN 0966-0844. DOI 10.1007/s10534-018-0083-9.F :2.949
- Patra, D., Pradhan, C. and Patra, H.K. (2020) Toxic metal decontamination by phytoremediation approach: Concept, challenges, opportunities and future perspectives. Environmental Technology & Innovation. ISSN: 2352-1864 DOI:1016/j.eti.2020.100672. I.F :5.263
- Ghosh, T., Pradhan, C, Das, A.B (2020) Control of stem-rot disease of rice caused by Sclerotium oryzae Catt and its cellular defense mechanism – a review. Physiological and Molecular Plant Pathology. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pmpp.2020.101536101422 ISSN:0885-5765 . F :2.747
- Satapathy, P. and Pradhan,C. (2020) Biogas as an alternative to stubble burning in India. Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13399-020-01131-z. ISSN: 21906815, I.F :4.987
- Patra, D., Pradhan, C. Acharya, S., and Patra, H.K. (2021) Poaceae plants as potential phytoremediators of heavy metals and eco-restoration in contaminated mining sites. Environmental Technology & Innovation. 101293:ISSN: 2352-1864 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eti.2020.101293. F :5.263
Refereed Conference Publications
- C. Pradhan, Nutrient-Alginate Encapsulated Nodal Explants of Butterfly Pea (Clitoria ternatea L.) as Synseeds for Germplasm Conservation and Exchange. 10th Orissa Bigyan Congress November4-5,2006 O.U.A.T & Orissa Environmental Society.C. Pradhan, The present and future of Biodiversity Conservation 34th Annual Conference of Orissa Botanical Society & UGC sponsored National Seminar December26-27, 2009 Banki Autonomous College, Banki.
- C. Pradhan, Nutrient-Alginate Encapsulated………. Conservation and Exchange. 35th Annual Conference of Orissa Botanical Society December29-30,2010 Department of Botany, Christ College, Cuttack.
- C. Pradhan, Plant Biotechnology and Enhanced Food Production U.G.C Sponsored National Seminar on India needs another green revolution to avert imminent food crisis November 13-14, 2011 Department of Botany Chitalo Mahavidyalaya, Jajpur, Odisha.
- C. Pradhan, Role of PGPR in Bioremediation of Contaminated Soil National Seminar on “Trends in microbial bioremediation of contaminated soil” September 24-25, 2011 O.U.A.T, Bhubaneswar.
- C. Pradhan, Role of auxins……….matures trees 36th Annual Conference of Orissa Botanical Society December28-29, 2011 Department of Botany, Talcher Autonomous College, Talcher.
- C. Pradhan, Phytochemical Screening……..Antimicrobial Activity National Seminar on “Utilization of Microbes for Sustainable Development”. December14-15, 2012 O.U.A.T, Bhubaneswar.
- C. Pradhan, Carcinogenic………….. on Allium cepa L. 37th Annual Conference of Orissa Botanical Society & P. Parija Memorial National Conference on Recent Advances in Plant Biotechnology. December22-23, 2012 Ravenshaw University, Cuttack.
- C. Pradhan,Genetic variation of …………… RAPD markers 99th Indian Science Congress January 3-7, 2012 KIIT University, Bhubaneswar.
- C. Pradhan, Toxicological changes in Rice under Nickel Sterss. 101th Indian Science Congress February3-7, 2014 University of Jammu.
- C. Pradhan, Phytoconstituent analysis and antimicrobial bio-efficacy assessment of Atrocarpus altilis: A comparative study for leaf and fruit extract. 7th annual Convention of ABAP & International Conference on Plant Biotechnology, Molecular Medicine & Human HealthOctober 18-20, 2013 Department of Genetics, University of Delhi, South Campus, New Delhi.
- C. Pradhan, Antimicrobial effect …………..nano-composite particles. National Seminar on “Exploitation of Microbes for Social Welfare”. December25, 2013, O.U.A.T, Bhubaneswar.
- C. Pradhan, Toxicological changes in rice under nickel stress 38th Annual Conference of Orissa Botanical Society & UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Conservation and Utilization of Medicinal & Aromatic Plants through Biotechnological Approaches. February 23-24, 2014, Department of Botany U.N Autonomous College of Sc. & Tech., Adaspur, Cuttack.
- C. Pradhan, Morpho-biometric changes and biochemical alternations in sesban as a strategy for phytoremediation of heavy metal stress National Conference on Plant Physiology “Frontiers of Plant Physiology Research: Food Security and Environmental Challenges”. November23-25, 2014, Department of Plant Physiology, O.U.A.T, Bhubaneswar in association with Indian Society for Plant Physiology, New Delhi.
- C. Pradhan, Phytochemical analysis and antimicrobial potential of the Bark Extract of Adenanthera pavoniana L. National Conference on “Biodiversity Assessment Monitoring and Conservation: Application of Biotechnological Tools & 39th Annual Conference of Orissa Botanical Society. February 22-23, 2015, Regional Plant Resource Centre. Bhubaneswar.
- C. Pradhan, A comparative study on phytoconstituents and antimicrobial activities of Oxalis corniculata L. and Oxalis debilis Kunth, 40th Annual Conference of Orissa Botanical Society. February 9-10, 2016, P. G Department of Bioresources and Biotechnology and P.G Department of Environmental Science. F.M University, Balasore.
- C. Pradhan, Cadmium modulated defence of rice plant against fungal blast (Pyricularia oryzae Cav.) as evident by morphological and physiological changes National Seminar on ‘Role of plants in mitigation of environmental stress’ March 31, 2016, P.G Department of Botany, Utkal University.
- C. Pradhan, Sensitivity of Allium cepa L. towards cobalt induced heavy metal toxicity. National Conference on Bioprospecting in Life Science Research for Human Welfare & 41st Annual Conference of Orissa Botanical Society December 24-26, 2016, School of Life Science, Sambalpur University.
- C. Pradhan, Application of Biotechnology in Biodiversity Conservation State level Seminar on Biodiversity and its Conservation. February 24-25, 2018, P.G Department of Botany, Dhenkanal Autonomous College, Dhenkanal.
- C. Pradhan, As keynote speaker, Impact of Environment on Health State level Seminar on Health and Environment. April 04, 2018, Centre for Environment Studies and State ENVIS HUB Forest and Environment Department, Govt. of Odisha in association with Hi-Tech Group of institutions.
- C. Pradhan, Green technology to protect Environment National Seminar on Climate Change and Future of Animals. December 22-23, 2018, Department of Zoology, P.N College, Khurda.
- C. Pradhan, Abiotic Stress and response of Plants National Seminar on Plants for Sustainable Development & Clean Environment and 43rd Annual Conference of Orissa Botanical Society. December23-24,2018, Department of Botany, School of Applied Sciences, Centurion University of Technology & Management.
- C. Pradhan, Vibriocidal activity of leaf and rhizome extract of Maranta arundinacea L., 14th International Conference on Vector and Vector Borne Diseases. January 9-11, 2019, ICMR-RMRC, Bhubaneswar and NAVBD, India
- C. Pradhan, Biodegradation of Luffa Cylindrica/Poly(lactic) Acid Composites National Seminar on Green Technology for Environment Management & 44th Annual Conference of Orissa Botanical Society Environment. January 22-23, 2020, Department of Botany, North Orissa university.
Ph.D Scholars awarded
- Monica Mishra Ph.D candidate, Studies on the exploitation of some selected aquatic weeds in the treatment of waste water and their utilization in vermicomposting, 2015.
- Smaranika Das Ph.D candidate, Photosynthetic and biochemical responses of Vigna mungo L. to nickel stress with reference to tolerance mechanism, 2015.
- Sagarika Samantaray Ph.D candidate, Growth and physiological responses of Oryza nivara Sharma and Shastry to chromium stress and development of strategies for protection, 2015.
- Tapaswini Hota Ph.D candidate, Studies on physiological, biochemical and molecular screening of Sesamum for abiotic stress tolerance; a biotechnological approach, 2017.
- Madhusmita Pradhan Ph.D candidate, Exploitation of native phosphorous solubilising bacteria (PSB) from acid soils of Odisha as biofertilizer and biocontrol agent against fungal pathogens of groundnut, 2017.
- Pallavi Jali Ph.D candidate Molecular identification of Cadmium induced antifungal protein against Pyricularia oryzaeCav. in rice plant, 2018.
- Tanushree Ghosh Ph.D candidate Investigation on Cadmium induced protein in developing resistance to Sclerotium oryzae Catt. infection against stem rot disease of rice, 2019.
- Deepak Patra Ph.D candidate Attenuation of Chromium toxicity stress using lemon grass Cymbopogon flexuosus (Nees ex Steud.) W.Watson by phytoremediation technology, 2019.
- Priyanka Jena Ph.D candidate Effect of chromium toxicity and assessment of phytoremediation potential of some selected gramineous and non-gramineous plant species, 2020.
Dr. Preeseela Satapathy ,post-doc candidate, (Ph.D from Carl von Ossietzky University, Oldenburg, Germany), UGC, Govt. of India, 2018. ID: BL/17-18/0138 Model based utilization of agricultural crop residues for energy generation
- Sabita Rout, M.phil Candidate, In vitro rapid propagation of Aegle marmelos (l.) corr. and comparative study on the antioxidative enzyme activity on leaves, 2010.
- Bangi , M.phil Candidate, In vitro callus induction in Amaranthus tricolor L. 2011.
- Deepti Routray, M.phil Candidate, Carcinogenic and antioxidative effects of silver nitrate (AgNO3) on Allium cepa L. 2012.
- Jyotirmaya Mathan, M.phil Candidate, Ni2+ induced Biochemical and toxicological in two cultivars of Oryza sativa L. 2013.
- Jignyasu Nayak, M.phil Candidate, studies on Physiological and biochemical changes in two varieties of Indian wild rice (Oryza nivara L.) under Chromium Stress, 2013.
- Lipsa, M.phil Candidate, Studies on Phytotoxic impacts of heavy metals in common sesban, 2013.
- Smaranika Mania, M.phil Candidate, A study on nickel induced genotoxicity in Allium cepa L root, 2014
- Smruti Gantayat, M.phil Candidate, Cytotoxic and genotoxic effect of cadmium on somatic cell chromosomes of Allium cepa L. 2014.
- Debashree Dalai, M.phil Candidate, Effect of seed priming and salicylic acid to mitigate saline stress in Sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) 2015.
- Eleena Panda, M.phil Candidate, A comparative study of phytochemical analysis and antimicrobial activity of different ecotypes of Oxalis corniculata L. and Oxalis debilis Kunth, 2015.
- Aparna Dey, M.phil Candidate, Biodegradation analysis of jute reinforced green composites, 2016.
- Swarnalata Tripathy, M.phil Candidate, Biodegradation of injection molded polylactic acid – Luffa fiber composite, 2016.
- Padmaja Patel, M.phil Candidate, Karyotype analysis of Urgenia indica Kunth. of the family Liliaceae, 2016
- Sagar Prasad Nayak, M.phil Candidate, Genotoxic Effects of Iron and Iron Nanoparticles On Root Meristem Cells of Allium cepa L. 2017.
- Shilpee Dhali, M.phil Candidate, Chromium (VI) Induced Toxicity On Physiological And Biochemical Parameters Of Horse Gram [Macrotyloma uniflorum (L.) Verdc.] Var. Madhu, 2017.
- KP Saswati Swetalina, M.phil Candidate, Morphological Biochemical And Significant Fluorescence Changes In [Macrotylomauniflorum (L.) Verdc.] Var `Ulmi’Under Chromium Stress, 2018.
- Diptimayee Jena, M.phil Candidate, Nickel (II) Modulated Antifungal Activity Against Pyricularia oryzae Cav. In Oryza sativa L. (Var Naveen), 2018.
- Amruta Panda, M.phil Candidate, Chromium (VI) translocation, concentration and its phytotoxic impact on Zinnia elegans L. var. purple prince, 2019.
- Saswati Soumya Mohapatra, M.phil Candidate, Superhydrophobic and Oleophobic thin film using taro to prevent Biofouling: A novel approach in the field of Biomimetics, 2019
- Chinmay Jena, M.phil Candidate, Effect of Hexavalent Chromium (VI) on Morphological and Antioxidative Enzymes in Chrysopogon zizanioides (L.) Roberty: Prospective on Phytoremediation, 2021.
Ph.D Scholars Currently Enrolled
- Smruti Gantayat, “Studies on heavy metal induced genotoxic and physio-chemical changes of Vigna radiata L. using onion as bio-marker” Utkal University.
- Swarnalata Tripathy, “Characterization and assessment on biodegradation ability of Bio-composites using poly lactic acid and fibres of Luffa cylindrica (L.)Roem” Utkal University.
- Padmaja Patel, “Investigation on genomic changes associated variations of medicinally bioactive glycosides in Drimia indica (Roxb.) Jessop” Utkal University.
- Shilpee Dhali , “Attenuation of Hexavalent chromium toxicity by root endosymbiotic bacteria in Macrotyloma uniflorum (Lam.) Verdc” Utkal University.
- Binapani Pradhan, “Environmental vulnerability assessment of potential oil spill in Odisha offshore” Utkal University.
- Soumya Singh, “Development of transgenic Black Gram Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper over expressing ICE1 gene and ALMT 1 gene for abiotic stress tolerance” Utkal University.
- Studies on Biodiversity in Core and Buffer Zone at Mandakini Coal Block Project (M/S KPCL) in Angul District, Odisha (P.I) KPCL (2023-2024) 14.75 lakhs.
- Evaluation of bio degradability of bio-composite using PLA & natural fibres (P.I) DST, Govt. Of OdishaNo: 1184 St-(Bio)-02/2017/ST dt: 1/3/2017 (2017-2021) 01 lakhs.
- Genome characterization of Banana / Plantain genetic resources of north eastern region and their utilization in multicentre planning for commercial improvement. (Co P.I) DBT, Govt. of India (DBT-NER/AGRI/33/2016 (Group-I) dt.22/03/2018 (2018-2021) 25.73 lakhs .
- Morphological, biochemical and molecular characterization of elite mango genotypes of Odisha DBT, Govt. Of Odisha (Co P.I) ST-(Bio)-58/2010 dt: 12/8/2010 (2010-2014)
- Flora and Fauna Diversity in the Manoharpur Coal block of Sundergarh District of OdishaOrissa Power Generation Corporation (OPGC) Co P.I Dev I/ 395/ 60564/2011 dt: 22/12/2011 (2012- 2012) 5 lakhs.
- Study of flora and Fauna diversity in the captive coal block Utkal B2in Talcher Coal field, Orissa Monnet Ispat and Energy Ltd., Anugul, Odisha Co P.I Dev I / 396/30499/2012 dt: 2/8/2012 (2012-2013) 5.57 lakhs
- Biodiversity study on coal mine area at chitahpur in Lathar district of Jharkhand Corporate Ispat Alloys Ltd. Abhijeet Groups, Jharkhand Co P.I. Dev I / 398/ 18768/ 2012 dt: 17/4/2012 16th August 2012 71 lakhs
Molecular screening of Mung bean (Vigna radiata (L) wilczek Co.P.I UGC, Govt. Of India4/ 459/2012 (SR) dt: 16/7/2012 (2013-2016) 14. 87 lakhs.
Invited lecturesduring last five years
1.DNA Poly Morphism, DNA Finger Printing Resource Person in In-service Training Programme DAV Public School Unit-8, Bhubaneswar 16/05/2018.
2.Environment and Stress Physiology Guest Resource Person in Phase-I Training programme for the CSS Officers, Govt. of India, Gopabandhu Academy of Administration, Bhubaneswar, 29/12/2018,
3.Biocomposite and Green Technology, Chief Guest/ Resource Person, Annual Seminar of College Government College (Auto), Anugul 14/02/2019
4.Chromium translocation, concentration and its phytotoxic impact on Zinnia elegans (L.) Resource Person, International e-Conference Impact of Covid-19 on Human Health & Environment TATA College, Kolhan University, Chaibasa 29/07/2020
5.Biocomposite: A green technology for protection of Environment Resource Person, National Webnair of College , Salipur Autonomous, 19/12/2020.
- Green technology to protect Environment Chief Speaker, National Webinar Kalahandi University, Bhawanipatna, 18/05/2021.
- NESA Scientist of the Year Award-2020
- Submitted gene sequence to NCBI gene bank with accession number MT645244 and MT645243
- K. Nanda Memorial award for best poster presentation at Annual Conference of OBS, 1998.
- Best Seminar Presentation Award, Parijatak Seminar,P.G. Dept. of Botany, Utkal University, 1996.
- Award of DBT-JRF in 1996.
- Qualified CSIR (NET) in1999.
- Seminar Secretary of Parijatak, during M.Sc. study in 1996.
- First prize for short poem competition and recipients of awards in various competitions like elocution, debate, quiz and song.
- President scout award at 9th class in 1988.
- Received Govt. Merit Scholarships at class III, V and VII. Also received National Merit Scholarship in 10th class,+2 science, +3 Science and in M.Sc.
- Refresher Course on “Geospatial Technologies” Under Natural Resourses Data Management System (NRDMS) of DST, Govt. of India, New Delhi, 21 Days,P.G Department of Zoology, Utkal University from 10/12/2013 to 30/12/2013
- Refresher Course on “Advances in Plant Sciences”, Refresher Course on Agricultural Science, Academic Staff College, Utkal University 21 Days P.G Department of Botany, Utkal University from 19/01/2013 to 08/02/ 2013
- Saksham-IT Champion Training Program,10 Days,P.G Department of Computer Science, Utkal University and Microsoft from 11/10/2012 to 20/10/2012
- Refresher Course on Agricultural Science, Academic Staff College, Utkal University, 21 Days,P.G Department of Botany, Utkal University from 07/01/2010 to 27/01/2012
- 28 Days Orientation Programme in the subject Human Values in Education, Academic Staff College, Utkal University from 18/11/2010 to 15/12/2010
- 7 Days Academic Staff College, Utkal University, Attendee of Faculty Development Programme (FDP) from 30/01/2012 to 07/01/2012
- Training cum Refresher Course on Environmental Impact Assessment, CES, Bhubaneswar 21 Days from 25/05/2019 to 14/06/2019
- Chaired a session of the International Conference on Environment and climate change organised by International Office & Centres of Excellence of North-East India Studies and Language, Literature and Culture) on 4/3/2020
- Co-Chaired a session in Assam Botany Congress and International Conference on Plant Science on 4/12/2021.
- Co-Chaired a session in Odisha Environment Congress, F. M University on 19/12/2021
- Convener, National Seminar National conference on Biotechnological intervention for environmental stress management in plants and microbes & 42nd annual conference OBS (21 & 22 January,2018). P.G Department of Botany, Utkal University, Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar-751004
- Organizing Secretary, National Seminar DRS-III Role of plants in mitigation of Environmental Stress (31st March,2016). P.G Department of Botany, Utkal University, Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar-751004
- Organizing Secretary, Skilled based Work-Shop (November,2015). P.G Department of Botany, Utkal University, Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar-751004
- Organizing Secretary, National Seminar “Biotechnological Approaches for Conservation and Utilization of Medicinal And Aromatic Plants” (25th March,2014). P.G Department of Botany, Utkal University, Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar-751004
- Journal Reviewing: List of Journals.
- International Journal of Phytoremediation, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, Chemosphere, Environmental Technology and Innovation
NSS Program officer, College of Basic Science & Humanities, OUAT, Bhubaneswar. Term basis Coordinating camps and social activities 2004-2010 (6yrs).
NSS Program officer, P.G Unit, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar. Term basis Coordinating camps and social activities 2010-2012 (2yrs).
P.G Department of Botany, Utkal University Secretary Teacher’s Council Committee Term basis Conducting teacher council meeting in the department 2010-2015 (5yrs).
M.Sc. Applied Microbiology, P.G Department of Botany, Utkal University Associate Course-coordinator Term basis Coordinating academic, administrative research activities in the department 2011-2015 (4yrs).
P.G Department of Microbiology, Utkal University Member in Subject Research committee for Botany, Microbiology & Environmental Science Term basis Coordinating academic, administrative and research activities in the department 2015- Continuing (5yrs).
Utkal University, V.N Autonomous College, Jajpur, Odisha Member in board of studies in Botany Term basis evaluation of research activities 2011-2014 (3yrs).
Orissa Botanical Society Treasurer Term basis Coordinating annual day meeting, budget preparation of the society 2011-2017 (6yrs).
Old Student Association, P.G Department of Botany, Utkal University Local Secretary Term basis Coordinating annual day meeting, budget preparation of the society 2010-2016 (6yrs).
Programme Coordinator NSS Bureau, Utkal University Term basis Coordinating camps and social activities 2012-2014 (2yrs).
Utkal University Director, Student’s Welfare Term basis Regulating & Coordinating Welfare activities of the Students. 2014-2019 (5yrs).
Utkal University Head of the Department, P.G Department of Botany Term basis Academic and Administrative activities of the Department, 2017- Continuing (4yrs)
Utkal University Course Coordinator, Environmental Science Term basis academic and Administrative activities of the Department. 2017- Continuing (5yrs)
Orissa Botanical Society Secretary Term basis coordinating annual day meeting and publication of journal 2017- Continuing(4yrs)
Utkal University Development Officer term basis regulating & Coordinating Developmental activities of the University2018-2020 (2yrs)
Utkal University Course Coordinator, Applied Microbiology Term basis academic and administrative activities of the Department. 2019- Continuing 4yrs
Utkal University Deputy Registrar Term basis administrative activities of the University 2020- Continuing (1yr) Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar 1 yr
Utkal University, Director Sport council, administrative sports activities of the University and its affiliated collages, 2021.
Membership or Fellowship of learned accredited bodies:
- Life member of Indian Science Congress Association
- Life member of Society of Biological Chemist, IISc., Bangalore
- Life member of Orissa Botanical Society
- Life member of Indian Botanical Society
- Life member of Old Student Association, P.G Department of Botany, Utkal University
- Member of Orissa Environmental Society
Life member of National Environmental Science Academy