Sponsoring P.G. Department: M. Sc. Computer Science
Year of Establishment: 2001
Historical Background of the Course:
The two year M. Sc. (Computer Science) was introduced as self finance course in the year 2001.
To be the Centre of Excellence in the Research domain of computer science and be premier in producing excellent computer professional through inclusive educational program which creates leaders for the industry, academia, and entrepreneurship.
- To provide quality post-Graduate education in both the theoretical and applied foundations of computer science and train the students to effectively apply this education to solve real-world problems.
- To pursue the quest for ideas to impart state-of-the-art technical knowledge in computer science.
- To integrate research results and innovations into other scientific disciplines.
- To inculcate and carry forward the qualities of computer science education and training to the people of the nation.
- To provide computer science expertise to realise the idea of social transformation.
- To produce proficient and competent Computer Science graduates with a solid foundation in Computer Science , Basic Sciences and Mathematics for successful professional careers in industry, academia, and public service.
- To prepare graduates to become effective technical communicators/collaborators in multidisciplinary teams providing technical leadership to create innovative computing solutions for challenging real life problems.
- The graduates of the programme will contribute to society in a professional, responsible and ethical manner.
- Our graduates will pursue lifelong learning through such activities as higher studies, research and development,distance education, professional training and membership in professional societies to be able to adapt to challenges of changing environment.