University Health Center
University Health Center is a medical wing of the Utkal University. It renders services primarily to students, faculty, staffs and their family members and residents of the university quarters. The health centre is running in a separate building with good infrastructure.
Dr. Kajal Rakshit
Chief Medical Officer
Dr. Trupti Pattnaik
Dr. Dushmanta Kumar Panigrahi
OPD Time :
8 A.M. to 12 Noon (All week days)
4 P.M. to 8 P.M. (All week days)
8 A.M. to 12 Noon (Sunday and Holidays)
- Patients receive treatment for all ailments after being examined thoroughly and prescribed medicines;
- Medicines are supplied free of cost (even month long medicines for long standing diseases);
- Nearly 90 to 100 patients attend OPD daily and 20,096 patients have been treated so far in the current year;
- Minor surgery is done here and dressing room service is available from 8AM to 8P.M.;
- Counseling services are extended to students daily regarding health problems, hygiene and addiction at personal level.
- Emergency calls are attended in hostels, departments, offices and quarters;
(a) Schedule immunization programme is carried
(b) Pulse-polio programme is carried out regularly.
(c) National Immunization Day is celebrated every year.
- Every year Blood Donation Camps are organized at the university. On the occasion of University Foundation Day on 27th November. 2014, a total 323 units of blood were collected in the Mega Blood Donation Camp .
- Health Committee constituted by Hon’ble Vice Chancellor with teachers and doctors visited hostels on 16th and 18th February 2015 to all hostels for prevention/ awareness of jaundice and swine flu.