|Utkal University||Feb. 2016 –till date||Professor|
|NIT Rourkela||Oct. 2009 – Jan. 2016||Associate Professor|
|NIT Rourkela||July 2002- Sept 2009||Asst. Professor|
|Utkal University||July, 1998 – May,2002||Ph.D.
Dept: Centre of Adv Study(CAS) in Psychology
Thesis Title:“Recursive Nature of Thought in Children’s understanding of Social Interaction”
Areas: Social cognition
Advisor: Prof Nandita Babu
|Utkal University||July, 1996 – August, 1997||M.Phil.
Department: CAS in Psychology
Thesis Title:“The Relationship between Children’s’ Acquisition of a Theory of Mind and their Understanding of Metarepresentational Language”
Areas: Social cognition
Advisor: Prof Nandita Babu
|Utkal University||July, 1994 – May, 1996|| M.A.
Department: CAS in Psychology
Thesis Title:“Lens Model as a Social Research Paradigm. The Case of Judging Teacher’s Effectiveness”
Areas: Social cognition
Advisor: Prof F.M.Sahoo
|Utkal University||July, 1991 – May, 1994||Bachelor of Arts
|UGC||Dec,1997||UGC-NET & JRF
|Courses Taught at NIT Rourkela
Human Resource Management
Social Psychology and its Applications:
Language Lab (Practical)
|Courses Taught in Utkal University Organisational Behaviour
Human Resource Management
Human Resource Development
Life-span Developmental Psychology
Advanced General Psychology
Basic Counselling Processes
Film Appreciation (Practical)
- TEQIP Workshop on Pedagogy in Engineering Education, 11th January, 2009, NIT, Rourkela, Topic: Teaching- Learning Process
- Faculty Development Programme at Govt College of Engineering and Textile Technology, Serampore, Kolkata, 29th January 2009 on the topic Teaching –Learning Process and Teacher-Student Interaction (Organized by Centre for Personal Transformation, Kolkata)
- Faculty Development Programme at NIT, Silchar on 9th March 2009 on the topic Student Motivation and Teachers’ Behaviour in Teaching –Learning Process (Organized by Centre for Personal Transformation, Kolkata)
- Talk on Motivating Self and Others at Work at National Workshop on Self-Management for Managing Your Organization, Date: 28th March, 2009, PIET, Rourkela
- UGC sponsored Refreshers Course organized by Academic Staff College & Sociology Department, Sambalpur Universityfrom 23rd July 2012 to 11th august 2012. Topic: Social Constructivism model in Research
- National Seminar on Quality Management in Higher Education during January 2013, at RIMS, Rourkela .Topic: Building a learning Educational Classroom and Institution
- ICSSR sponsored Ten day workshop on Research Methodology during March 20-29, 2013, NIT Rourkela. Topic: Logic and Research Methodology
- “Adolescence & Parenting” at Sri Aurobindo School of Integral Education, Khandagiri, Bhubaneswar on 21.02.2017
- ‘Motivation in Organisation’ on 20.11.2017 in Induction Training of OT & OS Class II officers at Madhusudan Academy, Bhubaneswar
- Logic and Research Methodology in Research Methodology Workshop, KSoM, March 10-11, 2018
- Orientation and Refresher Courses in HRDC, Utkal University in 2017-18 (Topics: Learning Organisation, Mental Health Perspective in Disaster Management)
- 26th Sept 2018 for the Refresher Course in Research Methodology and for the Orientation programme November 2018:
- 11th December 2018: Induction for Odisha civil service new recruits, Topic: Motivation in Organisations
- Ranjita Mishra Memorial Lecture on “Journey towards Innocence” 28.10.2018 at. DRTC building, CYSD, Bhubaneswar.
- UNICEF State level Media Roundtable on Early Childhood Development, 20 December 2018 – Press Club – Bhubaneswar
- One Week On-Line Faculty Development Programme on APPLIED PSYCHOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES OF WELL-BEING 🙁 S.P.E.E.D) from 22 to 27 June, 2020 concluded on 27 June, 2020.(Resource Person, Applied Positive Psychology and Employee Behaviour) Organised by Amity Institute of Psychology & Allied Sciences, and Amity Academic Staff College
- YCDA Resource Centre organised webinar session on “Psychosocial Support” on 11th July at 10.30am.Topic : Psychosocial support for Care Leavers Time : Sat 11 Jul, 2020 10:00 am.(Resource Person)
- National e-Conference, Department of Psychology, Dhenkanal (A) College,Dhenkanal on 07th & 8th November – 2020. Theme “New Challenges inthe Changing Scenario 2020-21”: Topic: Mental Health Challenges at Work in the Changing Scenario
- Workshop titled ‘Impact of the pandemic on psycho-social well-being of students’ (1st in a series of workshops) organised by the Rural Outreach Team for the students of New Campus, Utkal University in association with UECH on 26th November, 2020
- Resource Person to deliver a talk on the topic mentioned below as per the following schedule in the online Short Term Course on “Scientific Writing and Research Ethics”. Date: 7 December 2020, Topic: Theory Building and Theory Testing in Social Research
- 15 & 16 Jan 2021 : Webinar on Behavioural Psychology and Commitment to Scouting organised by The Odisha State Bharat Scouts and Guides
- Online Refresher Course on “Gender Studies”, on the broad theme “Reimagining a gender-equal society: Strategizing the means” Date: 1 February 2021, Topic: Social Constructivism and Gender
- UGC Refresher Course on Research Methodology in Social Sciences at UGC-HRDC, Utkal University , 2 March 2021, Topic: Validation and Standardization of Instruments
- Invited talk for the five-day National Workshop (virtual) on “Choose to Challenge-Together We Can” which is scheduled from March 8-12, 2021.Organised by Dept of Science & Humanities , IIIT Trichy, Topic: Social Constructivism and Gender on 9.3.2021
- Faculty Development Program (FDP) hosted by Rama Devi Women’s University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha from 26th May’21 to 30th May’21. Talk on It is okay not to feel okay ; On 26.05.2021 at 10 am online
- Lens Model as a Social Research Paradigm: The Case of Judging Teacher’s Effectiveness” in UGC sponsored state level Psychology seminar at Banki, Cuttack,2000
- Recursive nature of thought in children’s understanding of friendship at the 14th Annual Conference of National Academy of Psychology at IIT, Kharagpur, Feb 26-28, 2004.
- Emotional Intelligence and Effective Communication at the National Seminar on Communication challenges in workplace organized by Languages Group, BITS, Pilani, 10-11 Sept, 2004.
- Social Sciences in Management Education at the National Conference on Management Education Ahead: Innovative and Creative Perspective, 11-12, March 2005, New Delhi, Organized by FIIB, IMI, India and IASSI.
- Humanities for Technocrats: Scope and Relevance at the National Conference on Integrating Humanistic Values and Social Concerns in Technical Education, 24-25 February, 2006 at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- Theory of Mind: A Reflective Cognitive System at the 26th International Congress of Applied Psychology, held in Athens, Greece, July 16-21, 2006.
- Children’s Communication and Recursive Thought at the 16th Annual NAOP Conference at IIT, Bombay, 14 -16 December, 2006
- An Integrative Approach for Study on Effect of Stress Levels on Accident Proneness in Coal Miners, at the National Seminar on Development of Mining Industry: Infrastructural Priorities, 12-13 October, 2007, Puri. Organized by Mining Engineers Association of India, BBSR Chapter
- Children’s Theory of Mind: Educational, School and Instructional Implications at the 12th International and 43rd National Conference of Indian Academy of Applied Psychology (IAAP) Feb.7-9, 2008 organized by Psychology Research Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata Department of Applied Psychology, University of Calcutta, Kolkata and National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research, Kolkata
- Individual Differences in Stress and Coping at the One Day State Level Seminar On “Psychosocial Stress: Issues and Interventions” held on 16th March 2008, at Govt College, Rourkela
- Corporate Social Responsibility in Indian Context: Expectations and Reality, at the National Seminar on Corporate Social Responsibility, 17th May, 2008 at Purushottam Institute of Engineering and Technology, Rourkela
- Enhancing Managerial Effectiveness through Reflective Orientation, at the National Seminar on Enhancing Managerial Effectiveness in Globalised Economy, 6-7 February 2009, ISM, Ranchi
- Role of Human behavior in Accident Proneness in Mines at the National Conference onSocio-Economic Development: Challenges before Women Scientists, Technologists & Engineers, Feb.13-15-2009, NIT, Rourkela
- A framework for occupational health and safety management using Grey relational analysis:An Indian Perspective, at the International Conference on Marketing in Emerging Market”, (incon-M’09) Organized by Rourkela Institute of Management Studies, Rourkela, Orissa, India, September 6-8th, 2008.
- Perception of safety officers on occupational health services in Indian industries at theInternational Conference on Environment, Occupational & Lifestyle Concerns -Transdisciplinary Approach”, (envocHEALTH2009) organized by Regional Occupational Health Centre (ROHC – NIOH), Bangalore, September 16-19th, 2009.
- A Framework for Improving Occupational Health Services in Industry to Retain Competitive Edge G.S.Beriha, B.Patnaik and S.S.Mahapatra, National Seminar on “Enhancing Managerial Effectiveness in a globalised Economy” Institute of Science & Management, Pundag, Ranchi, February 6-7th, 2009.
- Organizational Learning in Educational Sector in the 45th National and 14th International Conference of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology on Quality of Life and Globalizations: Effective Self Care Interventions held during 18th -20th February, 2010 at Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
- Organizational Learning and Organisational Climate in Educational Settings in the8th International Conference on New Directions in Humanities held at University of California, Los Angeles during 29th June- 4th July, 2010
- Perception of Organisational Learning in Educational Organizations, In Symposia, Attitude of Indian Workers, at XXI Annual Convention of NAOP, India, IRMA,Anand, December 2011
- Attitude of tribal community towards education and schooling, Bhaswati Patnaik, XXII Annual Convention of NAOP, India, Christ College, Bangalore, December 2012
- 27th Annual Convention of National Academy of Psychology, IIT Kharagpur(22-24, December 2017)Presented Paper titled “Entrepreneurial Intention as a Function of Proactive Personality, Self-efficacy and Entrepreneurial Attitude” : Smruti Sarita Majhi & Bhaswati Patnaik
- International Conference on Education, Humanities, Business Management, Engineering, Sciences and Agro ecology (EHBSA),Organized by Krishi Sanskriti, New Delhion 9th March 2019 at RIE, Bhubaneswar, Relationship between Customer Relationship Management and Customer loyalty in Retail Sector,Co-author: Prangya Paramita Biswal
- International Conference on Psychology: The Path Ahead in Education, Health and Sports; Date: 31.1.2020-01.02.2020, Sailabala Women’s College, Cuttack: Title: Relationship between Internet Addiction and Personality Attributes among Students. Co-author: Madhusmita Rout
Book Articles (Authored)
- Medical Tourism Service Quality: An Indian Perspective”, In Hajime Eto (Ed)New Business Opportunities in the Growing E-Tourism Industry, Debata, B. R., Patnaik, B., & Mahapatra, S. S, IGI Global, 2015
- Overview of Economy, Financial Systems and BFSI Market in India, In Financial Risk Management, Patra et al (Eds)., Excel Books, Kar, Pravat Surya and Patnaik, Bhaswati, Excel Books, 2011
- 3A Data Envelopment Analysis Approach for Benchmarking of Safety Performance In Management Technology and Application Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B. and Mahapatra, S.S, Research Publishing, Singapore, 2010
- 4Marketing Health Insurance to BOP: An Indian Perspective, In ‘Marketing in Emerging Markets’;P.S.Kar, & Bhaswati Patnaik, Excel Books, 2009
- A framework for Occupational Health and Safety Management using Grey Relational Analysis : An Indian Perspective, In ‘Marketing in Emerging Markets’; Beriha, G.S.,Bhaswati Patnaik & S.S.Mohapatra, Excel Books,2009
- “Children’s Theory of Mind:Implicationsfor their Schooling and Social Competence”, In A.K.Tiwari (Ed).’Psychological Perspectives on Social Issues and Human Development’; Bhaswati Patnaik, Concept Publishers, New Delhi, 2009
- Recursive nature of thought in children’s understanding of Friendship: In ‘Psychology Matters: Development, Health and Organization’, Eds- M.B.Sharan and D.Suar; Bhaswati Patnaik, Allied Publishers,2007
- Emotional Intelligence and effective communication Communicating at Work: Shifting Paradigms and Emerging Trends, Eds: M.Raman, S.Sharma and B.Mishra,; Bhaswati Patnaik;Jain Publishers 2005
Select Journal Articles
- The mediating role of Psychological Empowerment in the relationship between Transformational Leadership and Organizational Identification of Employees”, The Journal of Applied Behavioral Science. May 2020 (1-21) doi:1177/0021886320920951
- Gumpul Rana & Bhaswati Patnaik(2020) Relationship between Sexual Orientation and Suicide Risk among Adolescents: Review of the evidence; International Journal of Applied Research 6 (8); 200-206;ISSN Online: 2394-5869
- Aradhana Panigrahi and Bhaswati Patnaik, (2018) Inter Correlation of the Positive Health Aspects among The Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients; International Journal of Current Research Vol. 10, Issue, 07, July
- Amjad Ali and Bhaswati Patnaik– (2018) Influence of Organizational Climate and Organizational Culture On Psychological Well-Being of Managerial Personnel, Review of Research, Volume – 8 | issue – 1 | October
- Prangya Paramita Biswal & Bhaswati Patnaik, (2019) Relationship Management and Customer loyalty in Retail Sector, Advances in Economics and Business Management, Vol 6 (2) p-ISSN: 2394-1545; e-ISSN: 2394-1553 (Quarterly open access international journal)
- Inter-relationships between the Dimensions of Health Management Skills among Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients: A Structural Equation Modeling Approach: Aradhana Panigrahi and Bhaswati Patnaik, Journal of Health Promotion Practice (accepted)
- Bose, Suchandra & Bhaswati Patnaik (2015), A theoretical model of transformational leadership and organizational identification of employees: The role of organizational learning, organizational justice and psychological empowerment,International Journal of Management & Information Technology Vol 10(5), January, ISSN 22785612
- Amjad Ali & Bhaswati Patnaik(2014):Comparison of Perceived Organisational Climate in Private and Public Undertakings, International Research Journal of Management Sociology and Humanity, Vol 5 (2) ,83-93
- Ali, A. & Patnaik, B. (2014) Influence of Organizational Climate and Organizational Culture on Managerial Effectiveness: An Inquisitive Study. The Carrington Rand Journal of Social Sciences, Vol 1(2), 001-020. ISSN 2203-2967.
- Ali, A. & Patnaik, B. (2014) Managerial Effectiveness: A Comparative Study between Managers of Private and Public Undertakings, European Academic Research, Vol: II (I), 233-254, ISSN: 2286-4822.
- Ali, A. & Patnaik, B (2014) Organisational culture: A study on managers of private and public undertakings. International Journal of Management Research and Review .Vol 4 (9).pp861-871
- Bhaswati Patnaik, Rosalin Samal and Aradhana Panigrahi (2013) Parental attitude towards schooling and education of tribal children Indian Journal of Health and Wellbeing ,Vol 4(5) , July 2013
- Patnaik, B., Beriha, G.S., Singh, N. and Mahapatra, S.S.(2013), “Organizational Learning in Educational Settings (Technical): An Indian Perspective”, The Organizational Learning, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 153-172
- Debata, B. R., Patnaik, B, Mahapatra, S. S. and Sreekumar (2013) Efficiency Measurement amongst Medical Tourism Service Providers In India, International Journal for Responsible Tourism, Vol. 2 No.1, pp. 24-31.
- Datta. S., Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B. and Mahapatra, S.S. (2009), “Use of COPRAS-G Method for Supervisor Selection: A Multi-Criteria Decision Making (MCDM) Approach”, International Journal of Vocational and Technical Education, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 007-013.
- Satapathy, S., Patel, S.K., Biswas, A., Mahapatra, S.S. and Beriha, G.S. (2010), “A QFD and ISM Approach to a Service Industy”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 191-196.
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B. and Mahapatra, S.S. (2011), “Measuring the Perception of Safety Officers on Occupational Health in Indian Industries”, International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 30-47.
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B. and Mahapatra, S.S. (2011), “Safety Performance Evaluation of Indian Organizations using Data Envelopment Analysis”, Benchmarking: An International Journal, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 197-220.
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B. and Mahapatra, S.S. and Sreekumar (2011), “Occupational Health and Safety Management using Grey Relational Analysis: An Indian Perspective”, International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 298-324.
- Debata, B. R., Patnaik, B, Mahapatra, S. S. and Sreekumar(2011)Development of an Instrument for Measuring Service Quality of Medical Tourism in India, International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Vol. 4 No.6, pp. 589-608.
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B., Mahapatra, S.S. and Padhee, S. (2012), “Assessment of Safety Performance in Indian Industries using Fuzzy Approach”, Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 3311-3323.
- Debata, B. R., Patnaik, B, Mahapatra, S. S. and Sreekumar (2012), An Integrated Approach for Service Quality Improvement in Medical Tourism: An Indian Perspective International Journal of Service Operation Management, Vol. 13 No.1, pp. 119-144.
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B. and Mahapatra, S.S. (2012), “Assessment of Occupational Health Practices in Indian Industries: A Neural Network Approach”, Journal of Modelling in Management, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 180-200.
- Bhaswati Patnaik, Recursive nature of thought in Speech acts of children, Social Science International, Vol 22, no.1, Jan 2006
- Bhaswati Patnaik, Emotional competencies in building a learning organization, United Journal of Awadh Scholars, Vol-5(2), June 2011
- Dhal, P. R., Beriha, G. S., Datta, S., Patnaik, B., Mahapatra, S.S., Mondal, G., Chakraborty, P.S. and Majumdar, G., (2010), “Application of Grey Relational Analysis and RIDIT Method for Selection of Service Quality Indices in Performance Evaluation and Appraisal of Employees in a R&D Sector”, Industrial Engineering Journal, Vol. II, No. 9, pp. 28-32.
- Recursive Attribution of Mental states in Children’s Lying-Joking Distinction, Bhaswati Patnaik, United Journal of Awadh Scholars, Jan.2009, Vol.3, No.1
- Educational Practices for Reflective Mind, Bhaswati Patnaik, Journal of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology, Vol 34(2), July 2008
- Bhaswati Patnaik, Social Sciences in Management Education: ASBM Journal of Management, Vol. I, No.1, 2008.
- Bhaswati Patnaik and Nandita Babu, Relationship between children’s acquisition of a theory of mind and their understanding of mental terms”, Utkal University, Psycho-Lingua, Volume 31, No.1, January 2001, Pg 3-8
- Fakir M.Sahoo and Bhaswati Patnaik, Lens Model as a Social Research Paradigm- The case of Judging Teachers’ Effectiveness”, , Utkal University, Journal of Community Guidance and Research, Volume 18, No.1, March 2001, Pg 37-50
Refereed Conference Publications
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B., Datta, S. and Mahapatra, S.S., “Benchmarking of technical education setting: a multi-attribute decision making approach”, International Conference on Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (INCAMA 2009) Organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering and Department of Instrumentation and Control engineering, Kalasalingam University, Anand Nagar, Tamil Nadu, India, March 26-28th, 2009.
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B. and Mahapatra, S.S., “Service Quality Evaluation on Occupational Health in Fishing Sector using Grey Relational Analysis to Likert Scale Surveys”, First IIMA International Conference on Advanced Data Analysis, Business Analysis and Intelligence, IIM Ahmedabad, June 6-7th, 2009.
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B. and Mahapatra, S.S., “A framework for occupational health and safety management using Grey relational analysis: An Indian Perspective”, International Conference on Marketing in Emerging Market, (incon-M’09) Organized by Rourkela Institute of Management Studies, Rourkela, Orissa, India, September 6-8th, 2009.
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B. and Mahapatra, S.S., “Perception of safety officers on occupational health services in Indian industries”, International conference on Environment, Occupational & Lifestyle Concerns – Transdisciplinary Approach, (envocHEALTH2009) organized by Regional Occupational Health Center (ROHC – NIOH), Bangalore, September 16-19th, 2009.
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B. and Mahapatra, S.S., “Benchmarking on Safety Performance using Data Envelopment Analysis”, AIMS International Conference on Value-based Management, Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar, Uttarakhand, August 11-13th, 2010, pp. 623-628.
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B. and Mahapatra, S.S., “A Data Envelopment Analysis Approach for Benchmarking of Safety Performance”, 2010 International Conference on Management Technology and Application (ICMTA 2010) organized by IACSIT Management Science and Engineering Society (MSES) and Information Technology Society (ITS), Singapore, September 10-12th, 2010.
- Satpathy, S., Patel, S.K., Biswas, A., Mahapatra, S.S. and Beriha, G.S., “A QFD and ISM Approach to a Service Industry”, 4th International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering (ICAME) organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Gujarat, Surat, September 23-25th, 2010.
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B., Pradhan, Subrat and Mahapatra, S.S., “Assessment of Safety Practices to Minimize Materials Damage in Industries using Neural Network Approach: An Indian perspective”, 43rd Annual Convention of Operational Research Society of India & International Conference on Operational Research for Urban and Rural Development, Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai-625015, December 15-17th, 2010.
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B. and Mahapatra, S.S. “Social Marketing on Occupational Health and Safety in Indian Industry: An Interpretive Structural Modelling Approach”, 2nd International Conference on Services in Emerging Markets (ICSEM 2011) Organized by Shailesh J Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay Jointly with Service Research and Innovation Institute (India Chapter), September 29th -October 1st, 2011.
- Debata, B. R., Patnaik, B., Mahapatra, S.S. and Sreekumar, Benchmarking of Medical Tourism Service Providers: A DEA Approach 6th International Conference of AAAB, Bandung, Indonesia,2013
- Debata, B. R., Patnaik, B., Mahapatra, S.S. and Sreekumar, A Quality Deployment Framework for the Service Quality of Medical Tourism in India 5th International Conference of the Asian Academy of Applied Business (AAAB), Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 2011
- Bhaswati Patnaik,Theory of Mind: A Reflective Cognitive System, , NIT, Rourkela, Proceedings of 26th International Congress of Applied Psychology, Athens, Greece, July 16-21, 2006
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B. and Mahapatra, S.S., “Framework for Improving Occupational Health Services in Industry to Retain Competitive Edge”, National Seminar on Enhancing Managerial Effectiveness in a globalised Economy, Institute of Science & Management, Pundag, Ranchi, February 6-7th, 2009.
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B. and Mahapatra, S.S., “Service Quality Evaluation on Occupational Health in Fishing Sector Using RIDIT Analysis to Likert Scale Surveys”, National Seminar on Impact of Globalization on Livelihood of Fisheries Workers, Mahatma Gandhi Labour Institute, Drive-In Road, Memnagar, Ahmedabad-380052, March 18-19th , 2009.
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B. and Mahapatra, S.S., “Assessment of material damage in industries using a neural network approach: An Indian perspective”, National Seminar on Global Leadership Thro’ Continuous Innovation, IIPM‐School of Management, Kansbahal, Near Rourkela, Odisha, October 23rd, 2010.
- Beriha, G.S., Patnaik, B. and Mahapatra, S.S., “Assessment of Injuries in Industries using A Neural Network approach: An Indian perspective”, National Conference on Convergence of Management Practices (NCCOMP-2010) Organized by School of Management, National Institute of Technology, Warangal, December 17-18th , 2010.
- Bhaswati Patnaik,Enhancing Managerial Effectiveness through Reflective Orientation, , Proceedings of National Seminar on Enhancing Managerial Effectiveness in Globalised Economy, 6-7 February, 2009, ISM, Ranchi
- Bhaswati Patnaik,Children’s Communication and Recursive Thought, Proceedings of 16th Annual NAOP Conference at IIT, Bombay, 14 -16 December, 2006
- Bhaswati Patnaik & S. Jayanthu,An Integrative Approach for Study on Effect of Stress Levels on Accident Proneness in Coal Miners, , Mining Engineering Dept, NIT, Rourkela, Proceedings of the National Seminar on Development of Mining Industry-Infrastructural Priorities, 12-13 October, 2007, Puri, Orissa Organized by Mining Engineers, Association of India, BBSR Chapter
- Bhaswati Patnaik,Humanities for Technocrats: Scope and Relevance, Proceedings of National Conference on Integrating Humanistic Values and Social Concerns in Technical Education, 24-25 February,2006,PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
Selected Unrefereed Reports:
- COVID-19: FAQs on Serological Antibody Test for SARS COV-2 in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India, Policy brief 17, NCDS, BBSR, 20th April 2020, co-authors: Navaneeta Rath & Srijit Mishra; (And the Odia Version on 23rd April, Published in The Samaj,samajlive.in/corona on 24th April, 2020)
- COVID-19: Dos and Don’ts for MediaBhaswati Patnaik, Navaneeta Rath and Srijit Mishra, Policy brief 17, NCDS, BBSR, 16 June 2020, (And the Odia version on 26th June 2020)
Conference/Seminars/ Workshops organized
- Co-Convener, National Seminar on Women in Science and Technology: Issues and Prospects, Jan 8-9, 2005, NIT, Rourkela
- Convener, National Conference on Technological Advances and Emerging Societal Implications, March 24-25, 2007, NIT, Rourkela
- Co-Coordinator of Short term Course on Development of Interpersonal Skills held during 22 -24, June, 2006.
- Co-Coordinator, Training programme on Organizational Ethics and Interpersonal Skills (For Executives of NSPCL, Rourkela), at NIT, Rourkela, August 12-13, 2008
- Coordinator, Short term course on Managing People in Changing Work Environment, 14-18, Nov 2008, NIT Rourkela
- Convener, XXIII Annual Convention of National Academy of Psychology (NAOP), India, December 13-15, 2013
- Utkal University-ICSSR Capacity Building Programme on “Social Science Research and Development of Quality Research Proposals” for Social Science Faculty Members ICSSR, New Delhi May 1-11, 2017,Organised as the Course Co-Director
- Regional (Northern region) consultation on Early Childhood Care and Education in Odisha with UNICEF, 29-30 June 2017, Baripada (Organised and also one of the Resource persons)
- Regional (Southern region) consultation on Early Childhood Care and Education in Odisha with UNICEF, Koraput (23-24 June 2017) (Organised and also one of the Resource persons)
- Igniting Young Minds: State-Level Dialogue on Early Childhood Care and Education in Odisha, Department of Psychology, Utkal University and UNICEF17-18 November 2017 at Hotel The New Marrion, Bhubaneswar.
- NUA ARUNIMA Workshop with UNICEF 19-20 September 2018.at Hotel Seetal (Revision of the State ECCE curriculum and Orientation of ICDS functionaries and instructress on ECD standards and its interrelation to early development and school readiness.) (Organised and Participated)
- Visioning workshop on “Preparation of plans for Centre of Excellence on Early Childhood Development”, with UNICEF on 10th & 11th of January, 2019.Hotel Seetal, (Organised and Participated)
- Workshop on Observance of Early Childhood Care and Education Day with UNICEF, on 27th February 2019 Hotel Seetal, (Organised and Participated)
- Workshop on Child Protection awareness with UNICEF, 28th February 2019, Hotel Seetal, (Organised and Participated)
- National Workshop for Development of curriculum of P.G Diploma in Early childhood education:17TH December 2019 at Bhubaneswar
- Workshop on observation of ECCE day : 17-18 Jan 2020 at Rayagada
- Seminar on Crime against Women : Understanding data and building perspective :25.01.202020, in collaboration with Sansristi and Dept of Public Admn, UU
- Faculty Development Programme on CBCS system in UG Colleges: 13-19 February 2020
- National Webinar on Trends and Approaches in Counselling for mental health during Pandemic , Convenor, 29th August 2020, 10am
- International Webinar on Promoting Well-being : Community outreach during COVID 19, Convenor, 26th September, 2020, 4.30pm
- Organised ALUMNI SPEAK Talk every month since Oct 2020 for Dept of Psychology
- Coordinator, WB-OHEPEE supportedWebinar Series on Coping with Multifaceted Challenges of COVID-19, 2021May onwards
PARTICIPATION IN WORKSHOPS AND TRAINING
- National Workshop on Early Development of Tribal Child held on January 28&29, and July 15, 1998 in the Centre of Advanced Study in Psychology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Orissa.
- Asian Regional Workshop on Promoting Sustainability of Community-based Rural Transport Infrastructure, 6-8 September, 2004, BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan, India
- Micro – Teaching for Improvement of Teaching Skills, Duration-One week, March- 2003, Technical Teacher’s Training Institute, Kolkata
- Four-week Orientation Programme of UGC Academic Staff College at Utkal University during 11th Jan-7th Feb, 2006
- Short term course on Recent Advances in HRD, IIT, Kharagpur, February 25-29, 2008
- Attended one day Workshop on Open Access and Science Communication, Organized by CSIR, New Delhi, at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, 24th March, 2009
- Training programme on Personality Development (An Ordinary to Extra-ordinary Personality Empowerment) at ESCI, Hyderabad during 26-28 June’ 2013
- Institutional Ranking: Importance of Data , Organized by Utkal University in collaboration with Elsevier 4th September, 2018, Hotel Swosti Premium, Bhubaneswar Partcipated
- Webinar on Sustainable technology for livelihood and health, April 30, 11am to 12.30pm, organised by Utkal Entrepreneurship &Career hub and RUSA cell, Utkal University Partcipated
- Workshop on “Vulnerability of women during pandemic: Towards a gender
- Sensitive public policy” (19th August, 2020) at 11:30 am, organized by CoE, Public
- policy & governance, Utkal University
- Webinar on “The Future of Humanity” @ Fri Aug 28, 2020 10am – 11am (IST)
- Webinar on Rebuilding Women’s Lives in Post COVID period (September 18, 2020) organized by Utkal University and Oxfam, BBSR
Journal Reviewing: List of Journals.
- Psychological Studies (Springer Nature Journal)
- Global Business Review (Sage)
- 2018- 2020: Project Director, Partnership Project with UNICEF for establishing Centre of Excellence on Early Childhood Development at Department of Psychology, Utkal University, (Financial Outlay 4 crores)
- 23rd May 2017 – 14 November 2017: As Project Director, completed Partnership Project with UNICEFon Strengthening Early Childhood Care and Education in Odisha (27, 40,550/-)
- 2010-2011: Worked as Post-Doctoral Research Associate in the area of Cognitive Theory, in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada (3300 $ per month, Dec 2010-June 2011)
- 2009-2011: Completed as PI Sponsored Research Project worth 3.85 lakhs titled“A Comparative Study of Organizational Learning and Organizational Climate in Public and Private Education Organization”, at NIT, Rourkela, Sponsored by ICSSR, New Delhi.
- 2008: Completed as Co-PI, Research consultancy with NSPCL,(A joint venture of SAIL and NTPC) Rourkela in conducting an Organizational Climate Survey worth Rs 38,000/- only
|Name of student||Registration year and status||Project Title||Remarks|
|Dr.Pravat Surya Kar||2008||Buyer-Seller Relationship in Retail Selling of Financial Services||Awarded|
|MrGouri Shankar Beriha||2009||Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Issues in Social Marketing||Awarded|
|Mr. BikashRanjan Debata||2010||Evaluating and Modeling Service Quality in Medical Tourism: A Study in Indian Perspective||Awarded|
|Aradhana Panigrahi||2012||Area :Positive -Health Psychology||Awarded|
|Suchandra Bose||2013||Area: Transformational Leadership||To be awarded shortly|
INSTITUTE MANAGEMENT / ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIVITIES
- HOD, Department of Humanities & Social Sciences, NIT Rourkela (July 2007-2010),
- Assistant Warden in Ladies Hall of Residence for one year (2004-05).
- HOD,Department of Humanities & Social Sciences, NIT Rourkela ( 2013- 2016 January)
- HOD, Department of Psychology, Utkal University (June 2016- 2019 continuing till date)
- Member, Internal Committee for students with Disabilities, Utkal University
- Convener, Students’ Mentoring & Support Cell, Utkal University
- Additional Professor in Charge, Parija Library,Utkal University
- Member, Alumni Connect