Name: Dr. Swayam Prava Mishra
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: M.A.,UGC-NET, Ph.D.
Phone No.: 9177614197
E-mail ID: email@example.com
- Economics of Growth and Development
- Basic and Advanced Econometrics
- Quantitative Methods
- Micro Economic Analysis and Mathematical Economics
- Guidance :
- MPhil Guidance:
Sl No Name of the Scholar Year of award of Degree Topic of MPhil Thesis Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words) 1 Mr. Debadhi Das 2019 Participation of Farm Women in Food Crop Production and Decision Making: A Case Study of Koraput District 2 Ms. Sujata Kumari 2019 A Study of Indian Stock Market:Volatility Clustering and Relationship with Macroeconomic Variables 3 Mr.Jiten Rout 2018 Extent, Magnitude and Determinants of Farmer’s Indebtedness among Mechanised Farms: A Micro-Level Study 4 Mr.Debananda Behera 2017 Financial Inclusion Vis-A-Vis Economic Growth of North Eastern States in India –The Case of Scheduled Commercial Banks
- PhD Guidance:
Sl No Name of the Scholar Year of award of Degree Registration No Name of the Co-guide if any Fellowship received if any during research Topic of PhD Thesis Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words) 1 Mr.Ghanashyama Mohanty 2019 ` 02-Economics 2016-17 Dr.Himanshu Sekhar Rout e-Money, Money Supply and Economic Growth –A Case Study of Asian Countries 2 Mr.DebanandaBehera 2019 ` 17-Economics 2017-18 Saving Behaviour of Rural Households: An Empirical Analysis 3 Ms. Jashasya Rout 2019 ` 17-Economics 2017-18 Early Childhood Development and Maternal Labour force Participation: Evidences from ICDS
- MPhil Guidance:
- Journal Publications :
- International Publications:
1 “Progress and Performance of Kisan Credit Card Scheme in India”, Research maGma – An International Multidisciplinary Journal, Vol. 1, Issue 12, February 2018, pp. 1-9 (ISSN NO. 2456 7078) 2018-19 2 “Female Labour Force Participation and Economic Growth in India: A Cross Sectional Analysis using Census Data”, International Journal of Research and Analytical Review, Volume 5, Issue 1, January – March 2018, pp. 190 – 193 (E ISSN 2348-1269 Print ISSN 2349 5138). 2018-19
- National Publications:
- “Challenges in Indian Universities – An Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework”, International Journal of Management and Development Studies, Volume 5, No.3, July 2016,pp. 1-6 (ISSN – 2320 0685).
- “Evaluation of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme in select states of India”, Utkal Economic Papers (Forthcoming).
- ‘‘A Risk Management Approach to India’s Economic Growth’ International Journal of Management and Development Studies, Volume 1, No.4, October 2013, pp.28-37 (ISSN – 2320 0685).
- ‘‘Relationship between Macroeconomic Variables and Corporate Health of Manufacturing Firms in India’’, Journal of Quantitative Economics, Vol. 11, Issue No. 1, January 2013 issue, pp. 230-249 (ISSN – 0971 1554).
- ‘‘Credit Risk Evaluation of BSE 200 Manufacturing Companies Using a Z score Model’’, IPE Journal of Management, Vol. 3, Issue No. 1, January- June 2013, pp.1-23 (ISSN – 2249 9040).
- ‘‘Evaluation of Corporate Credit Risk using Efficiency as a Performance Indicator”, Journal of Economic Policy and Research, Vol. 7, No. 2, April –September, 2012, pp.61-80 (ISSN- 0975 8577).
- ‘‘Corporate Governance: An Empirical Analysis of Ownership and Performance in Indian Banks’’, Indian Journal of Corporate Governance (Sage India Publications), Vol.3, No.1, January 2010-June 2010, pp. 19-35 (ISSN – 0974 6862).
- “Credit Scoring Models: A Review’’, GITAM Review of International Business, Vol. 2, Issue 2, January 2010, pp.1-25 (ISSN – 0974 357X).
- Working Paper. “Is Economic Growth Co-Terminus with Environmental Sustainability: Lessons from Gujarat and Maharashtra’’, IPE Working Paper No. 74.
- Working Paper. “A Risk Management Approach towards India’s Economic Growth”, IPE Working Paper No. 77.
2 The Extent of Financial Inclusion in the North-Eastern States of India’, Vol. 60, Issue 3, May – June 2019, Indian Journal of Social research (ISSN 0019-5626). 2018-19 3 The Hidden Backbone of our Economy: A Study on Value Assessment of Homemaking, Vol. L2, No. 4, October-December 2018, Manpower Journal (ISSN 0542 5808). 2018-19 4 “Gender Equality and Development: An Economic Analysis in Context of Indian Economy”, JIMQUEST, Journal of Management and Technology, Vol. 13, No. 2, July – December 2017,pp. 31 – 41 (ISSN – 0975 6280). 2017-18
- Review Articles(State Level Publications):
- International Publications:
- Conference Publication(Presented/Published in proceedings):
- Presented/Published in proceedings
1 Organised a one day Research Scholars’ Poster Presentation ‘VISHLESHAN’ as the Coordinator as a part of Platinum Jubilee Celebration of Utkal University on 05 January 2019. 2 Gender Equality and Development: An Economic Analysis in Context of Indian Economy”, Indian Economic Journal, Special Issue, December 2017, pp. 713-726 (ISSN – 0019 4662).
- Presented/Published in proceedings
- Edited Books :
1 Edited Book: “Public Private Partnership â?? The Need of the Hour”, (co-edited with Prof R K Mishra, Dr. G Rajesh and Mr. M Chandrasekhar), ISBN: 978-93-82951-59-9, Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 2014. 2 Edited Book: “Risk Management in Banking, Insurance and Financial Services”, (co-edited with Prof R K Mishra, Dr. Inder Sekhar Yadav, Dr. A. Pawan Kumar and Ms. J. Kiranmai), ISBN: 9789332701397, Academic Foundation, New Delhi, 2014. 3 Reference Book: “Corporate Credit Risk of Indian Manufacturing Companies: Towards an Early Warning System”, ISBN 13: 978-3659195792, LAP (LAMBERT Academic Publishing), Germany, 2012. 4 Reference Book: “Fundamentals of Financial Derivatives and Risk Management”, ISBN: 9788189630744, 8189630741, Global Research Publications, New Delhi, 2013.
- Text Books :
1 “Fundamentals of Financial Derivatives and Risk Management”, (2013), Global Research Publications, New Delhi, ISBN: 9788189630744, 8189630741. 2 “Corporate Credit Risk of Indian Manufacturing Companies: Towards an Early Warning System”, (2012), LAP (LAMBERT Academic Publishing), Germany, ISBN 13: 978-3659195792.
- Book Chapters :
1 Book Chapter: “Efficiency, Productivity and Soundness of the Indian Banks â?? Recent Developments’’ (Co-authored with Dr. Y V Reddy) in the book titled “Growth and Finance â?? Essays in Honour of Dr C Rangarajan”, Academic Foundation New Delhi, 2011, pp. 149-162(ISBN – 978-81-7188-866-5). 2 Book Chapter: “Advances in Credit Risk Management” (Co-authored with Prof R K Mishra) in the edited book on “Risk Management in Banking, Insurance and Financial Services”, Academic Foundation, 2014, pp. 39-49 (ISBN – 9789332701397).
- Research Books :
1 Participated in the National Conference on “Inclusive Green Growth in India: A Pathway to Sustainable Development” held during 18-19 January 2019 at Department of A & A Economics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. 2 Participated as a delegate in the International Conference on ‘The 21st Century Women’s Issues Shaping the World’ held during 11-12 January 2019 at SOA, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. 3 Presented a paper (title: Female Labour Force Participation and Economic Growth in India: A Cross Sectional Analysis using Census Data) at the 54th Annual Conference of The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) at Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu during 7-9 March 2018. 4 Presented a paper (title : A Study on Assessing the Contribution of Homemaking) at the Golden Jubilee Conference of the Orissa Economic Association at Nabakrushna Choudhury Centre for Development Studies, Bhubaneswar, Odisha during 10-11 February 2018. 5 Presented a paper (title: Gender Equality and Development: An Economic Analysis in Context of Indian Economy) at the 100th Annual Conference of the Indian Economic Association (IEA) at Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur (Andhra Pradesh) during 27th to 30th December 2017. 6 Attended a Refresher Programme on the theme “Gender, Voice and Action” organised by UGC-HRDC, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha from 10 – 30 November 2017. 7 Presented a paper (title: Financial Inclusion Vis-à-vis Economic Growth of North Eastern States in India – The case of Scheduled Commercial Banks) in the 22nd Biennial Conference of the Association of Indian Economic and Financial Studies (AIEFS) during 31st July – 1st August 2017 held at Nabakrushna Choudhury centre for Development Studies (NCDS), Bhubaneswar. 8 Participated in UGC Sponsored one week Short Term Course on “Stress Management” from 20-25 July 2017 at UGC – HRDC, Utkal University. 9 Participated in the 98th Orientation Course from May 17 to June 13 2017 at UGC-HRDC, University of Hyderabad and obtained Grade ‘A’. 10 Presented a paper (title: Contribution of MSMEs towards India’s Economic Growth) at the 2 day National Conference on “MSMEs: The Engine of Indian Economy” held in the Department of A & A Economics, Utkal University during 27-28 January 2017. 11 Attended a one week workshop on “Econometric Applications in Social Sciences” from 15-21 Dec 2016 at Dept. of Analytical and Applied Economics, Utkal University in partnership with The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) and the Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy (CSSEIP), Utkal University. 12 Presented a paper (title: Composition of Male vs Female in Labour force from 2011 Census data) at the one day data dissemination workshop on “Census 2011” organised by Department of A & A Economics, Utkal University in collaboration with Directorate of Census Operations, Odisha, Bhubaneswar on 24th February 2016.
Conferences attended and presented papers:
- Presented a paper (title : Z score and Macroeconomic Variables – A Panel Regression Analysis for Indian Manufacturing Firms) at the 2 Day National Seminar on “Applications of Panel Data” held during 25th- 26th March 2014 at Center for Economic and Social Studies (CESS),Hyderabad
- Presented a paper (title: Z Score and Macroeconomic Variables – A Panel Regression Analysis for Indian Manufacturing Firms) at the 50thGolden Jubilee Annual Conference of the TIES & Valedictory Celebrations of Silver Jubilee Year of Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), held during 22nd-24th December 2013 at IGIDR, Mumbai.
- Presented a paper (title: Risks to sustaining high growth in India: An analysis of possible mitigation strategies) at a 2-day workshop on ‘Sustaining High Growth in India’ held on 25-26th July, 2013 at Institute of Economic Growth (IEG), Delhi sponsored by International Development Research Centre (IDRC), Canada.
- Presented a paper (title :Relationship between Macroeconomic Variables and Corporate Health of Manufacturing Firms in India) at the 48th Annual Conference of The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) at Department of Economics, Pondicherry University during 1st – 3rd March 2012.
- Presented a paper (title : Evaluation of corporate credit risk using efficiency as a performance indicator) at XV National Conference of Input Output Research Association (IORA) in Hyderabad jointly organised by IORA India and Department of Economics, University of Hyderabad during 17-19th March 2011.
- Participated in the National workshop on ‘Financial Econometrics’ organised by Department of Economics, University of Hyderabad in collaboration with The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) in Hyderabad from 9– 13th November, 2010.
- Presented a paper (title: Credit risk evaluation of Indian manufacturing companies using a Z-score model) at International Conference on Quantitative Methods in Money, Banking, Finance and Insurance (ICQMBFI) in Hyderabad jointly organised by IBS Hyderabad and IGIDR, Mumbai during 19-20th March 2010.
- Attended a one day workshop on “Census 2011- Primary Census Abstract (PCA), Literacy and Level of Attainment of Education, Population by Religious Community and Age & Marital Status” jointly organised by Directorate of Census Operations, Odisha, Bhubaneswar and Department of A & A Economics on 24th February 2016.
- Attended a one day Panel discussion on “Elements of Inclusion and Exclusion in Current Fiscal Framework: An Ex-Post Review of the Union and Odisha State Budgets 2016-17” jointly organised by Centre for Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy, Utkal University and Department of Analytical and Applied Economics, Utkal University on 22nd March 2016.
- Attended a Two day 21st Biennial conference of the Association of Indian Economic and Financial Studies (AIEFS) at School of Economics, University of Hyderabad held from 3 to4 August 2015.
- Attended a Three Day Workshop on “Panel Data Econometrics” held from 16 to 18 April 2014 at Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS), Hyderabad.
- Attended a Two Day Workshop on ‘Sustaining High Growth in India’ held on 25-26th July, 2013 at Institute of Economic Growth (IEG), Delhi.
- Attended 20th Global Symposium 2012 on ‘Converting Strategy into Action’ organized by PMA in New Delhi from 3-5 December, 20
- Attended a Two Day Workshop on ‘Project Risk Management’ held on 7-8 September, 2012 at Hotel Vivanta by Taj, Bangalore and cleared the CrtPRM Exam.
2 Participated in the National Seminar on “Agricultural Production and Productivity in India: Issues and Challenges” from 2-3 March 2019 at Department of Economics, Rama Devi Women’s University.
|1||Awarded Rajyapuraskar as a Guide under the Bharat Scouts and Guides.|
|2||3rd position in Economics Honours with Distinction from B.J.B. Autonomous College, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.|
|3||Qualified University Grants Commission â?? National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET) for Lectureship in 2006.|
|4||1st Rank in M.A. Economics from University of Hyderabad and receiver of 2 gold medals viz. Jindal Jubilee Gold medal for being the Overall topper and State Bank of India medal for being Women topper.|
|5||Cleared the Certificate Project Risk Management (CrtPRM) Exam.|
1 Assistant Professor, Institute of Public Enterprise, 01.06.2012 to 31.12.2015 2 Assistant Professor, Department of A& A Economics, 01.01.2016 to continuing.
- Important Activities:
1 Conducted an MDP on “Applied General Management” for Senior and Middle level managers as Program Director from 26th -28th June 2014 at IPE. 2 Worked as an Organising Committee member in the International Conference on ‘PPPs- the Need of the Hour” jointly organized by IPE and ICPE, Slovenia from 22nd-23rd January 2014. 3 Worked as a Joint-Convener in the National Conference on ‘Risk Management in Banking, Insurance and Financial Services’ held on 30-31st January 2013. 4 Worked as a part of organizing Committee in 3 International Conferences on ‘Global Business Environment’; ‘Game Theory and Management Applications’ and ‘Game Theory and Operations Research Applications’ and in one international workshop on ‘Game Theory and Operations Research’ held during December 2012. 5 Taken some sessions on ‘Credit Risk Management’ and ‘Risk Management and Sustainable Development’ as a part of MDP conducted for GAIL, MOIL etc.
- Research Projects Undertaken:
1 UGC Minor Research project on “Micro Finance Institutions as a way towards Financial Inclusion – A Study on select districts of Odisha”
- Invited Lectures:
- Administrative/Executive experience:
1 Member, Executive Council of The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) for 2017-18 2 Member, Subject Research Committee (SRC), Department of A & A Economics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 3 Executive Member, Faculty Club, Utkal University for 2017-18 4 Editor-in-Chief of the Annual bulletin of the department “The Econosphere” 5 Faculty in- Charge of Department Seminar Library 6 Faculty in- Charge of Department Computer Lab 7 Member Purchase Committee at Department of A & A Economics, Utkal University.
- Conference organized as Organizing Secretary:
- Is Economic Growth Co-Terminus with Environmental Sustainability: Lessons from Gujarat and Maharashtra’’, IPE Working Paper No. 74.
- “A Risk Management Approach towards India’s Economic Growth”, IPE Working Paper No. 77.