|Regional Medical Research Centre (ICMR), Bhubaneswar||Jan, 2004 – Jan, 2009||Ph.D.Department: Pathology & Molecular Medicine
Thesis Title: Molecular Characterization of beta thalassemia & its clinical significance in Odisha
Areas: Human Genetics
Guide : Dr G P Chhotray (Dy Director, RMRC, Bhubaneswar ) and Co-Guide : Dr M R Ranjit, (Scientist F, RMRC, Bhubaneswar)
|Utkal University||July, 1995 – July, 1997||M.Sc.
Thesis Title: Chromosome aberrations in Grasshopper in response to detergent
OUAT University, College of Basic Science & Humanities
|May, 1992- May, 1995||Bachelor of Science|
|CSIR-UGC||December,2001, June 2003, 2004, 2005||Department: Zoology
Subject: Life Science
|Utkal University||30th Jan 2015 – present||Asst. Professor|
|Regional Institute of Education (NCERT), Bhubaneswar
Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Burla, Odisha
|24th Sept. 2014 -29th Jan 2015
Sept 2013 – March 2014
- National Institute of Research In
- Tribal Health, ICMR, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh 2010 – 2013
- Designation: Post Doctoral Fellow,
- Research Team Head: Dr RB Gupta
- Topics: Effect of eNOS gene polymorphism on clinical variations of Sickle cell disease patients
|Course Name-Paper Name: Cell Biology and Genetics (Paper Zoo-102 ), Physiology, Histology and Histochemistry (Paper Zoo-103), Techniques, Instrumentation, and Statistics in Biology (paper-104, unit-iv), Biophysics, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (Paper-201, Unit-v), Endocrinology and Reproductive Physiology ( Paper Zoo-203), Evolutionary Biology & Animal Behaviour (paper Zoo-204), Chordates, Paleo-Zoology & Economic Zoology (Paper-Z00-301); Animal Physiology & Developmental Biology (Paper-Z00-304, Applied Elective, Unit-I & II), Molecular Biology, Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (Paper-Z00-401A)
Department: Zoology and University Name : Utkal University
Duties: taught recitations, held office hours, graded exams
|Course Name-Practical Paper Name (Practical Paper Code: Zoo-105, Zoo-205, Zoo-305, Zoo-405A)
Department: Zoology and University Name : Utkal University
Duties: Preparation of chemicals, explanation of theory & demonstration of practical, organized programming laboratory hours
Delivered a invited talk on Sickle cell disease and causes at 2 day Orientation Training Programmes on “Identification Of Sickle Cell Anemia And Their Follow Ups” on 29-30 November, 2016 at Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes Research and Training Institute (SCSTRTI), Bhubaneswar, Govt. of Odisha
- Sahu R, Sahu SK, Nishank SS. Tittle of paper: De novo transcriptome profile of two earthworms Lampito mauritii and Drawida calebi during regeneration. Journal Name: Biochem Biophys Rep. 2021 Aug 9;27:101092. doi: 10.1016/j.bbrep.2021.101092. eCollection 2021 Sep. PMID: 34409173 Free PMC article. (Impact Factor= 2.7)
- Nishank SS. Tittle of paper: Association of DNA Damage Repair Gene Polymorphisms hOGG1, XRCC1and p53 with Sickle Cell Disease Patients in India. Journal Name: Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis. 2015 Jul 2;7(1):e2015046. doi: 10.4084/MJHID.2015.046. eCollection 2015. PMID: 26185611(Impact factor =1.5)
- Nishank SS, Singh MPSS, Yadav R., Gupta RB, Gadge V.S., Gwal A Tittle of paper: Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase Gene Polymorphism is associated with Sickle Cell Disease patients in India, Journal Name: Journal of Human Genetics, 2013 Oct 3, ISSN:1434-5161; doi: 10.1038/jhg.2013.99 PMID 24088668 ( Impact Factor = 2.5)
- Nishank SS, Singh MPSS, Yadav R Tittle of paper: Clinical impact of factor V Leiden, prothrombin G20210A and MTHFR C677T mutations among sickle disease patients of Central India Eur Journal Name: J Haematol. 2013 Sep 2. ISSN: 1600-0609; doi: 10.1111/ejh.12190. (Impact Factor = 2.6)[Epub ahead of print] PMID: 239921245 Nishank SS. Tittle of paper: Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase (eNOS) Gene Polymorphism is Associated with Age Onset of Menarche in Sickle Cell Disease Females of India. Journal Name: Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis. 2013 Jun 4;5(1):e2013036. ISSN: 2035-3006; doi: 10.4084/MJHID.2013.036. Print 2013. PMID: 23795274 [PubMed] Free PMC Article (Impact Factor = 1.5)
- Nishank SS, Ranjit M, Kar SK, Chhotray GP. Tittle of paper: Molecular variants and clinical importance of beta-thalassaemia traits found in the state of Orissa, India. Journal Name: Hematology. 2009 Oct;14(5):290-6. ISSN:1024-5332; doi: 10.1179/102453309X439845. PMID: 19843386 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] (Impact Factor = 1.4)
- Nishank SS, Chhotray GP, Kar SK, Ranjit MR. Tittle of paper: Molecular variants of G6PD deficiency among certain tribal communities of Orissa, India. Journal Name: Ann Hum Biol. 2008 May-Jun;35(3):355-61. ISSN: 0301-4460; doi: 10.1080/03014460801961289. PMID: 18568599 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] (Impact factor = 1.9)
- Nishank SS, Ranjit M, Chhotray GP. Tittle of paper: First report of a nonsense mutation at codon 15(TGG–>TAG) in exon 1 of the beta globin gene in a beta thalassemia trait in State of Orissa, India. Journal Name: Hematology. 2008 Feb;13(1):65-7. ISSN:1024-5332; doi: 10.1179/102453308X315852. PMID: 18534069 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] (Impact Factor = 1.4)
- Harshita Swain, Ranjan Sahu and Sudhansu Sekhar Nishank, (2018) Tittle of paper: Applications of SDS-PAGE in differentiation of earthworm genera, Journal Name: Pranikee-Journal of Zoological society of Orissa, Volume XXX, 2018, pp 39 – 46, SSN 0970-4450 View
- Sudhansu Sekhar Nishank, (2017) Tittle of paper: Human gene polymorphism and susceptibility to diseases, Journal Name: Pranikee – Journal of Zoological society of Orissa, Volume XXIX, 2017, pp 1 – 14I, SSN 0970-4450 View
- Sudhansu Sekhar Nishank and Snehasita Swain, Title of paper: Cannibalism in animals, Science Horizon, Vol.4 , Issue No. 4, 2019, Odisha Bigyan Academy, pp-33-39 View
Title of The Project (PI/ Co-PI): “Genetic diversity in earthworms and its association with their geographic distribution in state of Odisha”.
Principal Investigator: Dr Sudhansu Sekhar Nishank
Basic Description of the Project: To characterize the earthworms by genetic analysis and see the cause of adaptation of earthworms to their respective environment.
Funding Agency: SERB (DST), Govt. of India,
Amount received: 39.6 Lakhs
INTERNS / Ph. D. CANDIDATE MENTORED
- Name of the Candidate, Intern candidate, (University Name) – Topic/ Thesis Title, Summer 2014
- Sri Ranjan Sahu, (Utkal University) Currently in Administrative Job (Asst. Scientific officer) in State Forensic Laboratory, of Odisha
- Soumya Ranjan Singh (Utkal University) Currently working as Lecturer for Govt Aided Degree College at Udala, mayurbhanj District, Odisha
- Acted as resource person to give talk titled “Human Infectious Disease through Lens of Climate Change” at National Symposium on Climate Change at PN College, Khurda organized in association with PG Dept. of Zoology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar in December, 2018.
- Attended online Faculty Development Programme on Basics of Bioinformatics on Dated 26.05.2021 to 04.06.2021, organized by NIT, Warangal and University College of Engineering BIT Campus, Tiruchirappali- 620024
- Attended online Faculty Development Programme on 2-Week Faculty Development Programme on “RESEARCH METHODOLOGY” from October 01- October 15, 2020 and obtained a grade A+ organized by Ramanujan College, University of Delhi under the aegis of MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT PANDIT MADAN MOHAN MALAVIYA NATIONAL MISSION ON TEACHERS AND TEACHING.
- Prticipated in 23rd Refresher Course in Life Science & Biotechnology at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi organized by UGC-HRDC, JNU from 8.10.2018 to 02.11.2018
- Participated in UGC sponsored Orientation Programme titled “Capacity building in Higher education” held at UGC-HRD center of Utkal University from 18th Aug to 14th Sept 2017.
- Got Summer Trainee Fellowship from Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore at Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology (CSIR), New Delhi from May to July 2016
- Participated in National winter workshop on use of bioinformatics in analysis of animal genomics at National Bureau of Animal Genetic Research Center (ICAR) at Karnal (Haryana) in January, 2016.
- Participated in National workshop on cell culture & invitro cell toxicity at Bharatidashan University, Tamilnaduin in Sept, 2015