|Regional Medical Research Centre (ICMR), Bhubaneswar||Jan, 2004 – Jan, 2009||Ph.D.Department: Pathology & Molecular Medicine
Thesis Title: Molecular Characterization of beta thalassemia & its clinical significance in Odisha
Areas: Human Genetics
Guide : Dr G P Chhotray (Dy Director, RMRC, Bhubaneswar ) and Co-Guide : Dr M R Ranjit, (Scientist F, RMRC, Bhubaneswar)
|Utkal University||July, 1995 – July, 1997||M.Sc.
Thesis Title: Chromosome aberrations in Grasshopper in response to detergent
OUAT University, College of Basic Science & Humanities
|May, 1992- May, 1995||Bachelor of Science|
|CSIR-UGC||December,2001, June 2003, 2004, 2005||Department: Zoology
Subject: Life Science
|Utkal University||30th Jan 2015 – present||Asst. Professor|
|Regional Institute of Education (NCERT), Bhubaneswar
Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Burla, Odisha
|24th Sept. 2014 -29th Jan 2015
Sept 2013 – March 2014
- National Institute of Research In
- Tribal Health, ICMR, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh 2010 – 2013
- Designation: Post Doctoral Fellow,
- Research Team Head: Dr RB Gupta
- Topics: Effect of eNOS gene polymorphism on clinical variations of Sickle cell disease patients
|Course Name-Paper Name: Cell Biology and Genetics (Paper Zoo-102 ), Physiology, Histology and Histochemistry (Paper Zoo-103), Techniques, Instrumentation, and Statistics in Biology (paper-104, unit-iv), Biophysics, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (Paper-201, Unit-v), Endocrinology and Reproductive Physiology ( Paper Zoo-203), Evolutionary Biology & Animal Behaviour (paper Zoo-204), Chordates, Paleo-Zoology & Economic Zoology (Paper-Z00-301); Animal Physiology & Developmental Biology (Paper-Z00-304, Applied Elective, Unit-I & II), Molecular Biology, Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (Paper-Z00-401A)
Department: Zoology and University Name : Utkal University
Duties: taught recitations, held office hours, graded exams
|Course Name-Practical Paper Name (Practical Paper Code: Zoo-105, Zoo-205, Zoo-305, Zoo-405A)
Department: Zoology and University Name : Utkal University
Duties: Preparation of chemicals, explanation of theory & demonstration of practical, organized programming laboratory hours
Delivered a invited talk on Sickle cell disease and causes at 2 day Orientation Training Programmes on “Identification Of Sickle Cell Anemia And Their Follow Ups” on 29-30 November, 2016 at Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes Research and Training Institute (SCSTRTI), Bhubaneswar, Govt. of Odisha
|Sl No.||Authors||Title of the Paper||Journal||Publisher||ISSN||Year with Page No||IF|
|1.||Mishra AB, Nishank SS.||Therapeutic targeting approach on epithelial-mesenchymal plasticity to combat cancer metastasis.||Med Oncology||Springer||1357-0560||2023, 1-13||3.8|
|2.||Sahu R, Sahu SK, Nishank SS||De novo transcriptome profile of two earthworms Lampito mauritii and Drawida calebi during regeneration.||Biochem Biophys Rep
|3.||Nishank SS||Association of DNA Damage Repair Gene Polymorphisms hOGG1, XRCC1and p53 with Sickle Cell Disease Patients in India.||Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis||Catholic University of Rome, Italy||2035-3006||2015, 1-6||1.58|
|4.||Nishank SS, Singh MPSS, Yadav R., Gupta RB, Gadge V.S., Gwal A||Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase Gene Polymorphism is associated with Sickle Cell Disease patients in India||Journal of Human Genetics||Nature||1434-5161||2013, 1-5||3.767|
|5||Nishank SS, Singh MPSS, Yadav R||Clinical impact of factor V Leiden, prothrombin G20210A and MTHFR C677T mutations among sickle disease patients of Central India||European Journal of Haematology||Wiley||1600-0609||2013, 1-5||3.674|
|6||Nishank SS.||Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase (eNOS) Gene Polymorphism is Associated with Age Onset of Menarche in Sickle Cell Disease Females of India.||Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis||Catholic University of Rome, Italy||2035-3006||2013, 1-8||1.58|
|7||Nishank SS, Ranjit M, Kar SK, Chhotray GP.||Molecular variants and clinical importance of beta-thalassaemia traits found in the state of Orissa, India.||Hematology.||Taylor & Francis||1024-5332||2009,
|8.||Nishank SS, Chhotray GP, Kar SK, Ranjit MR||Molecular variants of G6PD deficiency among certain tribal communities of Orissa, India.||Ann Hum Biol.||Taylor & Francis||0301-4460||2008, 355-361||1.868|
|9||Nishank SS, Ranjit M, Chhotray GP.||First report of a nonsense mutation at codon 15(TGG–>TAG) in exon 1 of the beta globin gene in a beta thalassemia trait in State of Orissa, India.||Hematology.||Taylor & Francis||1024-5332||2008, 65-67||2.264|
|10||Swain H, Sahu, R and Nishank SS||Applications of SDS-PAGE in differentiation of earthworm genera,||Pranikee-Journal of Zoological society of Orissa||Zoological Society of Orissa||0970-4450||2018, 39-46||–|
|11||Nishank SS||Human gene polymorphism and susceptibility to diseases,||Pranikee-J. Zool Soc. Orissa||Zoological Society of Orissa||0970-4450||2017, 1-14||–|
|12||Nishank SS and Swain, S||Cannibalism in animals||Science Horizon||Odisha Bigyan Academy||–||2019,
Title of The Project (PI/ Co-PI): “Genetic diversity in earthworms and its association with their geographic distribution in state of Odisha”.
Principal Investigator: Dr Sudhansu Sekhar Nishank
Basic Description of the Project: To characterize the earthworms by genetic analysis and see the cause of adaptation of earthworms to their respective environment.
Funding Agency: SERB (DST), Govt. of India,
Amount received: 39.6 Lakhs
INTERNS / Ph. D. CANDIDATE MENTORED
- Name of the Candidate, Intern candidate, (University Name) – Topic/ Thesis Title, Summer 2014
- Sri Ranjan Sahu, (Utkal University) Currently in Administrative Job (Asst. Scientific officer) in State Forensic Laboratory, of Odisha
- Soumya Ranjan Singh (Utkal University) Currently working as Lecturer for Govt Aided Degree College at Udala, mayurbhanj District, Odisha
- Acted as resource person to give talk titled “Human Infectious Disease through Lens of Climate Change” at National Symposium on Climate Change at PN College, Khurda organized in association with PG Dept. of Zoology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar in December, 2018.
- Attended online Faculty Development Programme on Basics of Bioinformatics on Dated 26.05.2021 to 04.06.2021, organized by NIT, Warangal and University College of Engineering BIT Campus, Tiruchirappali- 620024
- Attended online Faculty Development Programme on 2-Week Faculty Development Programme on “RESEARCH METHODOLOGY” from October 01- October 15, 2020 and obtained a grade A+ organized by Ramanujan College, University of Delhi under the aegis of MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT PANDIT MADAN MOHAN MALAVIYA NATIONAL MISSION ON TEACHERS AND TEACHING.
- Prticipated in 23rd Refresher Course in Life Science & Biotechnology at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi organized by UGC-HRDC, JNU from 8.10.2018 to 02.11.2018
- Participated in UGC sponsored Orientation Programme titled “Capacity building in Higher education” held at UGC-HRD center of Utkal University from 18th Aug to 14th Sept 2017.
- Got Summer Trainee Fellowship from Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore at Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology (CSIR), New Delhi from May to July 2016
- Participated in National winter workshop on use of bioinformatics in analysis of animal genomics at National Bureau of Animal Genetic Research Center (ICAR) at Karnal (Haryana) in January, 2016.
- Participated in National workshop on cell culture & invitro cell toxicity at Bharatidashan University, Tamilnaduin in Sept, 2015