Name: Dr.Sanatan Majhi
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: B. V. Sc & A.H., M.V. Sc., Ph.D.
E-mail ID: email@example.com
|Utkal University||February, 2015– present||Assistant Professor|
|ICAR-Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh||September,2011- September, 2017||
Department: Veterinary Biotechnology
Thesis Title: Development of label-free biosensor assay for studying interactions of recombinant/synthetic peptide antigens and Brucella antibodies
Areas: Animal Biotechnology
Advisor: Dr. Bishnu Prasad Mishra
|ICAR-Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh||September, 2008- August, 2010||M.V.Sc.
Department: Veterinary Biotechnology
Thesis Title: Molecular Characterization of H9N2 Avian Influenza Viruses isolated from West Bengal in 2008
Areas: Animal Biotechnology
Advisor: Dr. S. Nagarajan
|Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology||September, 1999 – August, 2006||B.V.Sc.&AH|
|ICAR||December,2011||Department: Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry
Hons: Veterinary Science
Subject: Animal Science
- Senior Research Fellow Examination, conducted by ICAR, Govt. of India in 2011.
- National Eligibility Test conducted by ICAR, Govt. of India in 2011.
- UGC-Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (UGC-RGNF), Govt. of India for pursuing Ph.D.
|Designation: Assistant Professor & In-charge of Microbiology, Immunology Lab
1. Molecular Expression of Thermostable Glutaminase free L-asparaginase gene from a high yielding Thermophilic isolate in E. Coli: A Prospective Recombinant Enzyme for Leukaemia Chemotherapy
2. Bioprocess development, molecular characterization and purification of a thermostable protease with fibrinolytic potentials
3. Development of Lateral flow based Immuno-diagnostics for Brucellosis
|February, 2015 – present|
|ICAR-Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh Biosensor and Bioassay Lab.
Designation: UGC-RGNF-Junior Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow
Topics: Development of label-free biosensor assay for studying interactions of recombinant/synthetic peptide antigens and Brucella antibodies
|ICAR-Central Avian Research Institute, Izatnagar, Bareilly
Designation: DBT-Junior Research Fellow
Topics: Application of RNAi techniques for Augmenting Broiler Production
|2010 – 2011|
|ICAR- National Institute of High Security Animal Diseases, Bhopal
Designation: Research Scholar
Topics: Molecular Characterization of Avian Influenza Viruses
|2009 – 2010|
P.G. Department of Biotechnology, Utkal University
Duties: Teaching and Research
M.Sc. Biotechnology – since 2015
- Biochemistry (Paper-101)
- Cell Biology and Genetics (Paper-102)
- Instrumentation & Analytical techniques (Paper-103)
- Practical-I (Paper-105)
- Microbiology (Paper-201)
- Immunobiology and Immunotechnology (Paper-202)
- Practical-II (Paper-205)
- Genetic Engineering (Paper-301)
- Animal Biotechnology (Paper-303)
- Biotechniques (AE-2)
- Practical-III (Paper-305)
- Project Work
M.Phil. (Tools and Techniques in Biotechnology, Paper-II)
Pre-PhD (Microbiology, Paper-I )
Talks: “Current Trends in Animal Biotechnology” in College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubaneswar on 24th August, 2015.
Dr. Sanatan Majhi “Development of label-free biosensor assay for studying interactions of recombinant/synthetic peptide antigens and Brucella antibodies” Supervisor: Dr. Bishnu Prasad Mishra, Co-Supervisor: Dr. Sameer Shrivastava
Book Articles (Edited)
- Subas Chandra Jena, Priyanka Sharma, Vinod Chandra Pandey, Sanatan Majhi, Saumya Srivastava, Sonal and B.P.Mishra. Cancer genetics and epigenetics: Two sides of the same coin, Molecular Approaches for Dignosis of Animal Cancers and Strategies for Developing cancer Vaccines, Chapter-8, pp-93.
- Manoj Kumar, Vinod Chandra Pandey, Priyanka Sharma, Subas Chandra Jena, Saumya Srivastava, Sanatan Majhi, Sameer Shrivastava and Sonal, An overview of Cancers in animal species, Molecular Approaches for Dignosis of Animal Cancers and Strategies for Developing cancer Vaccines, Chapter-22, pp-155.
- Simmi Tomar, Vishesh Kumar Saxena, Kuldeep Dhama, Sandeep Saran, Mahesh Chandra Kataria and Sanatan Majhi. Immuno-modulation under synbiotic supplementation in coloured broilers. Indian Journal of Poultry Science. 47(2): 164-167, ISSN: 0019-5529 (2012).
- S. Kullu, Anshu Rahal, S. K. Pradhan, R. K. Yogi, P. R. Shinde, R. A. Patoo, S. Kaushal, S. K. Sinha, S. Majhi, R. K. Bauri and S. Kachhawa.. Effect of zinc coated urea supplementation on feed consumption and growth performance in crossbred calves, Veterinary Practitioner. 16(2): 301-303, ISSN: 9724036 (2015)
- Sanatan Majhi, Sameer Shrivastava, Sonal, Subas Chandra Jena, Priyanka Sharma, Bishnu Prasad Mishra. Seroprevalence of Bovine brucellosis in organized and unorganized farms of Odisha, Indian journal of veterinary medicine. 35(2): 135-136, ISSN: 0970-051X (2015).
- Rout George Kerrya, Santosh Malikb, Yisehak Tsegaye Reddac, Sabuj Sahooa, Jayanta Kumar Patrad, Sanatan Majhia. Nano-based approach to combat emerging viral (NIPAH virus) infection. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine, 18, 196– 220, ISSN: 15499634 (2019).
- Swagatika Parida, Sanatan Majhi* , Voddu Suresh, Sidhartha Sankar Behera, Debiprasanna Das, Abinash Dutta. Immunohistochemistry based approach to study cross reactivity of certain commercially available antibodies with mammary tumor cell proteins of dog, Octa J. Biosci. Vol. 7(2):44-48, ISSN: 2321-3663 (2019)
Refereed Conference Publications
- Sanatan Majhia*, Janmejay Bagb “The Impact of Livestock on Climate Change” in the proceedings of International Conference on Bioprocess for Sustainable Environment and Energy (ICBSEE), India, during 6th -7th December, 2018, organized by NIT, Rourkela.
- Sanatan Majhi, Janmejay Bag, Biosensor for detection of hazardous pollutants in environment in the proceedings of International Conference on Bioprocess for Sustainable Environment and Energy ICBSEE-INDIA-2020, during 5th -7th March, organized by NIT Rourkela, Odisha
- S. Majhi, S. Nagarajan, G. Venkatesh, P. Behera and C. Tosh “Study on Molecular and Phylogenetic characters of Polymerase genes (PA, PB1 and PB2) of H9N2 Avian Influenza Viruses isolated from West Bengal in 2008” by in the proceedings of XXXI Annual Conference of Indian Poultry Science Association (IPSACON-2014) and National Symposium on “Poultry production for global trade” from 16th-18th October, 2014, organized by Veterinary College and Research Institute, Namakkal, Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University.
- S. Majhi, S. Nagarajan, G. Venkatesh, P. Behera and C. Tosh “Study on Molecular and Phylogenetic characters of HA gene of H9N2 with respect to their Co‐circulation with H5N1 Avian Influenza Viruses isolated from West Bengal in 2008” 2013. In the proceedings of XXX Conference & National Symposium of Indian Poultry Science Association on 22th-23th November, 2013, conducted by Indian Poultry Science Association and Central Avian Research Institute, Izatnagar-243122 (UP) India.
1. Faculty development programme conducted by National Institute of Technology, Sikkim in the subject “Strategies in Modern Pedagogies” Sponsored by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) from 16th February-20th February, 2021
2. Refreshers course conducted by UGC-HRDC, Utkal University in the subject “Biotechnology and Bio-sciences’ from 25th January to 7th February 2020.
3. Faculty orientation programme conducted by UGC-HRDC, Utkal University from 3rd – 30th August, 2018.
4. Faculty Development Training Programme for one week conducted by UGC-HRDC, Staff College, Utkal University from 20th – 25th August, 2015.
5. Training programme for 1 day on ICT, organized by Department of Computer Science, Utkal University.
6. Workshop on “Advances in Biotechniques” on 8th, December, 2018, conducted by P.G. Department of Biotechnology, Utkal University.
7. Workshop on “Microtomy/ Ultra-microtomy, Staining and Imaging Techniques” during 12th -13th April, 2018, Organized by Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar
Title of the Project
- “Molecular Expression of Thermostable Glutaminase Free L-Asparaginase Gene from A High Yielding Thermophilic Isolate in Coli: A Prospective Recombinant Enzyme For Leukaemia Chemotherapy” [PI, Dr. Sabuj Sahoo, Co-PI, Dr. S.Majhi]
Funding agency: Department of Science and Technology, Government of Odisha.
Amount received: Rs. 8,52, 160/-
- Development of Lateral flow based Immuno-diagnostics for Brucellosis, (PI: Dr. Sanatan Majhi)
Funding agency: Odisha Sate Higher Education, Council, Government of Odisha.
Amount received: Rs. 2,36, 000/-
Ph. D. CANDIDATE MENTORED (on-going)
- Name of the Ph.D. Scholar: Rout Geoge Kerry (Utkal University)- Topic/ Thesis Title: “Evaluation of Bioactive Terpenoid and Flavonoid based silica Nano-particles against Type-II Diabetes and Associated Nephropathies” (Ph.D. Regd. No: 05-Biotechnology-2017-18)
- Name of the Ph.D. Scholar: Sheela Kumari Sahoo (Utkal University)- Topic/ Thesis Title: “Bioprocess Development, Molecular Characterization and Purification of a Thermostable Protease with Fibrinolytic Potentials” (Ph.D. Regd: No: 02-Biotechnology-2019-20)
1. Assistant Superintendant of Gents Hostel-II, Utkal University
- Co-convener of Institutional Ethics committee, Utkal University
- Asst-Coordinator, Masters in Public Health course, Second Campus, Utkal University
- Member of Departmental Animal Ethics Committee, Utkal University
- Member, Environment Audit Committee, Utkal University
- Convener of Departmental Teachers Council.
- Member, Departmental Research Committee of Biotechnology
- Life member of Odisa Veterinary Association
- Life member of Utkal University Teachers Association
- Life member of Indian Society for Veterinary Microbiology and Immunology
- Life Member of International Paget’s Association
- Professional member of Biolegues Worldwide
- Professional member of International Society for Dermatology Research (ISDR)
- Professional member of International Association of Oncology (IAO)