Name: Dr. Papesh Kumar Lenka
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: M.A, Ph.D
E-mail ID: email@example.com
- Agrarian transition and Crisis in India.
- Caste and agrarian social structure.
- Changing youth aspirations.
- Labour migration and bondage.
Thesis Title: “Neoliberal Reforms, Agrarian Change and Peasant Farming in Odisha”.
Areas: Sociology of Agriculture, Economic Sociology and Sociology of Development.
Advisor: Prof. B. B. Mohanty
|Ravenshaw University||2010||Bachelor of Arts
|UGC NET and JRF||2015||UGC NET and JRF
|Utkal University||June 2022- Present||Assistant Professor|
- Worked as Research Associate for six months in a project on Social Audit in Pondicherry University in 2013.
- Worked as ICSSR Post-Doctoral Fellow in the Department of Sociology, Pondicherry University from January 2022 to June 2022.
- Agrarian Social Structure in India
- Economic Sociology
- Basic Concepts
- Classical Sociological Theories
- Advanced Sociological Theories
- Rural Sociology
- Voluntary Sector Studies
- “Small Farmers’ Suicide in Odisha”, Economic and Political Weekly, 54, Issue No. 22, pp. 51-59, ISSN: 0012-9976 (Print), 2019. View
- “‘For them farming may be the last resort, but for us it is a new hope’: Ageing, youth and farming in India”, Journal of Agrarian Change, Volume 23, Issue 4, pp. 771-791. ISSN: 1471-0358 (Print), 2023. View
- “Neoliberal Reforms, Agrarian Capitalism and the Peasantry” in B. B. Mohanty (ed.) Critical Perspectives in Agrarian Transition: India in the Global Debate, London: Routledge, ISBN: 9781138668607 (HB), 2016. View
- “Neoliberal Agrarian Change and Peasantry: A Case of Odisha” in K. Chaudhary (eds.) Globalisation, Social Classes & Marginalised Communities In India, London: Routledge. (Forthcoming), 2023.
- Presented a Paper titled “Agrarian Transition and the Question of Survival of Peasantry in Odisha” in International Seminar on Agrarian Transition in India Organized by Department of Sociology, Pondicherry University, Puducherry on 28th to 30th January, 2014.
- Awarded Post-Doctoral Fellowship in 2022 by Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi.
- Awarded Pondicherry University Gold Medal in 2012 for securing 1st Position in M. A.
- Awarded Travel Grant by ICSSR in 2018 to attend the “XIX ISA World Congress of Sociology ” at Toronto, Canada.
Presented Paper in Seminars:
- Presented a Paper titled “Capitalism, Democratic Politics and Ecology” XLI All India Sociological Conference on Development, Marginalisation and People’s Movements Organised by Indian Sociological Society and Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar on 27th -29th December, 2015.
- Presented a Paper titled “Farmer Suicides in Odisha” XLIII All India Sociological Conference on Rethinking Sociological Traditions of India Organised by Indian Sociological Society and Department of Sociology, Tezpur University, Tezpur on 27th-30th December, 2016.
- Participated in Social Science Winter School on Health and Societal Challenges: Methodological Approaches in Social Science Research Organized by Centre for Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy, Pondicherry University and Department of Social Sciences, French Institute, Pondicherry from 8th to 12th December, 2014.
- Life Member, Indian Sociological Society.