Economics of Social Sector, Economics of Gender
|Utkal University||August, 1996 – Dec, 2002||Ph.D.
Department: A&A Economics
Thesis Title: Economics of marine fishing: A case study of Paradeep, Orissa
Areas: Natural resource management
Supervisor: Prof Basudev Sahoo
|Utkal University||August, 1985 – August, 1987|| M.A.
Department: A&A Economics
|Utkal University||July, 1983 – July, 1985||Bachelor of Arts|
|Utkal University||March 2013–present||Professor|
|Utkal University||March 2010 – March 2013||Associate Professor|
|Odisha Education Service||Jan1990- March 2010||Lecturer and Reader|
Course Name- MA, MPhil and PhD Coursework in A&A Economics,
Paper Name: Macroeconomics I & II (HCE 102 &202)
Quantitative Methods I & II (HCE 103 & 203)
Basic Econometrics (HCE 301)
- Delivered a talk as a panellist in the National Webinar on “Post Pandemic Dynamics of Lives and Livelihoods: Towards Effective Coping Strategies”, organised by KIIT deemed to be university, on 26 December 2021
- Delivered the Key note address in a technical session in the International Webinar on “Life and livelihood post COVID”, organised by KIIT deemed to be university, during 5-6 May 2020.
- Delivered a talk in the Two day International Conference on “Development, Environment and Sustainability”, organised by Berhampur University, during 22-23 February 2020
- Delivered an Invited Talk in UGC sponsored Skill Development Workshop on “Mining of Open Macro Data and Analysis using SPSS”,organized by P G department of A & A Economics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar held during 18-19 March, 2017.
- Delivered a talk in the State Level Seminar on “Public Sector Banks at crossroads and he way forward”, organised by Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar, during 14-15 October, 2018
- Delivered a talk in the Ten Days Research Methodology Course for PhD students in Social Science, organised by PG department of Statistics and ICSSR, New Delhi, during 24 July to 2 August, 2017.
- Delivered a lecture in the National Seminar on “Women Entrepreneurship in North East India – Issues and Challenges”, organised by Mizoram Central University, Aizawl, during 26-27 February, 2015.
- Keynote Speaker in 67th All India Commerce Conference of Indian Commerce Association held in KIIT University Bhubaneswar during 27-29 December 2014.
Book Articles (Authored/Edited)
- BhabeshSen&MitaliChinara, ¨ Economic Development and Poverty in India”(Ed), Economics, New Century Publications, ISBN No. 978-81-7708-292-0, 2012.
- N Rath, N Mohanty, M Chinara, A Mohanty, ¨ Social Exclusion And Gender: Some reflections”(Ed), Economics, Abhijeet Publications, ISBN No. 978-93-5074-001-9, 2012.
- M Chinara& H S Rout, ¨ MSMEs in emerging India”(Ed), Economics, New Century Publications, ISBN No978-81-7708-453-5, 2017.
- M Chinara, “Reforms in agriculture”, published inIIMC, Dhenkanal, Monograph 24, Agriculture Journalism, ISBN:978-93-5407-890, (111-117), August, 2020
- M Chinara and S Sethi, Micro-finances through Self Help Groups and its impact on povert: A case study in Odisha, in ¨Micro-finances through Self Help Groups and its impact on poverty: A case study in Odisha”(Ed), Economics, Kunal Books, ISBN No. 978-93-86714-51-0, 2016.
- M Chinara and H S Rout, MSMEs- Introduction and Overview, in MSMEs in emerging India”(Ed), Economics, New Century Publications, ISBN No: 978-81-7708-453-5, 2017.
- M Chinara, “Sustainable women entrepreneurship in handicraft sector – A case study of KBK districts of Odisha”, published in “Women entrepreneurship in North East India”, edited by E N Singh and B K Das ( ISBN 81-8324-645-1); Mittal Publishers, New Delhi.
- M Chinara and S K Kamila, “Financial Inclusion through India Post”, Published in “Financial Inclusion, Inclusive Growth and the poor”, Edited by P Mishra, A R Behera and H S Rout, New Century Publication, New Delhi ,(ISBN 978-81-7708-367-5); 2014
- M Chinara, “Quality issues of Indian Higher Education System”, Published in “Qualitative Improvement of NAAC Accredited Colleges” Edited by Suhas Roy, Ekushe Publishers, Kolkata; (ISBN: 978-81-924889-1-2), 2012
- M Chinara, “A Gender Perspective on Food Security”, Published in ‘Social Exclusion And Gender: Some Reflections’ edited by M Chinara, N Rath, N Mohanty, A Mohanty (ISBN 978-93-5074-001-9) ) Abhijeet Publications, New Delhi,2012
- S Supkar and M Chinara, “Mineral Resources of Orissa: Exploring Development Horizons”, published in “National Resources and Economic Development”, edited by Padmaja Mishra, Deep & Deep Publications Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi,2006
- M Chinara and H S Rout, “Financing of public higher education institutions in Odisha: A study of resource allocation and mobilization in selected higher education institutions”, published in Journal of Xián University of Architecture and Technology, (ISSN: 1006 – 7930), Vol XII, Issue VII, 2020, (64-72)
- K C Satpathy, P K Patra,MChinara, D K Barik, S R Bal, List of Author Names, “A study on blood pressure distribution among the Juangs: A particularly vulnerable tribal group PVTG) of Odisha”, published inAdivasi (ISSN: 2277 7245), Vol 60, No.2. (34-47), December 2020
- SubhranshuS Sahoo and M Chinara, “What drives drop outs at elementary education? Results from a panel data regression from Odisha”, published in Odisha Economic Journal (ISSN No. 0976-5409), Vol 52, No.1, Jan – Dec, 2020
- Lopamudra Behera and M Chinara, “COVID 19 and the migrant workers”, published in Odisha Economic Journal (ISSN No. 0976-5409), COVID special issue, 2020
- D Biswal and M Chinara, “Socio-economic determinants of education loan for Higher Education: Evidence from Odisha”, published in Orissa Journal of Commerce, (ISSN: 0974 – 8482), Vol XXXXII, No. IV, Oct-Dec 2020
- MadhubrataRaysingh and M Chinara, “Forecasting of cotton area, yield and production in India using ARIMA model”, ShodhSarita, (ISSN No. 2348-2397), Vol 7, Issue 28, (64-70), Oct – Dec 2020
- S Sarkar, M Chinara, KC Satpathy, PK Patra, “The Juangs – A PVTG in Odisha: A review”, published inMan in Society (ISSN No. 2347-1530), Vol 26 (100-115), 2019
- M Chinara&AKamila, “A Quantitative Exploration into the Gender Wage Gaps in Rural Wage Markets”, published in the Orissa Journal of Commerce, (ISSN: 0974 – 8482), Vol XXXX, No. IV, October – December, 2019, ( 07-19)http://www.ojcoca.org
- M Chinara, “Gender discrimination in wage earnings: A study of Indian wage market”, published in Indian journal of Labour Economics, (ISSN: 0971-7927) (Print) 0019-5308 (Online))March 2018, Vol 61, Issue 1,(157-169)
- M Chinara&AKamila, “What worth is a BIT? Impact of BIT on FDI inflows into India”, published in Focus: Journal of International Business, (ISSN: 2347-4459), July-December, 2017, Vol 4, Issue 2. (45-59)http://dx.doi.org/10.17492/focus.v4i02.11691
- M Chinara& A Kamila, “The tyranny of numbers- Gender wage-gaps and their decomposition”, published in Orissa Economic Journal, (ISSN No. 0976-5409), 48, No. 1, 2017.(92-102)
- M Chinara, “Gender discrimination in wages across labour markets in India- A Blinder Oaxaca investigation”, published in Abhinav National Monthly refereed journal of Research in Commerce and Management, (Online ISSN-2277-1166), June. 2017, Vol 6, Issue 6https://www.semanticscholar.org
- M Chinara, “Nationalization of Indian Coal industry: An analysis from equity and efficacy”, published in International Journal of Development Studies (IJDS), (ISSN 0975-5799), Jan-June 2017, Vol.IX, Issue 1
- M Chinara& H S Rout, “Changing trends in financing of higher education: A critical review”, published in “Manthan journal of Commerce and management”, (ISSN:2347-4440 for print and ISSN:2395-2601 for online), July-December, 2016, Vol 3, Issue 2Click here
- M Chinara& A Kamila, “Post amalgamation prospects of Regional Rural Banks in Odisha: Policies and practices, published in “Mudra journal of Finance and Accounting”, (ISSN 2347-4467 for print and ISSN 2395-2598 Online), July-December, 2016, Vol 3, Issue 2Click here
- M Chinara, “(Non-)Convergence of Indian states- behaviour of measures of inequality and evidence on neo-classical conditional convergence”, published in Odisha Economic Journal (ISSN No. 0976-5409), Vol 47, No.1&2 , Vol 48, 2016Click Here
- M Chinara& J K Parida, “Synthesis of black money and voluntary disclosure of income schemes (VDIS) in India- New plans and perspectives”, published in International journal of research in Economics and Social Sciences, (ISSN 2249-7382), 6(2), 270-280, 2016
- M Chinara& A Kamila, “Issues and challenges in sustainability of RRBs- A case sudy of Odisha’, published in SJCC Management Research Review, (ISSN 2249-4359), 5(2), 125-149, 2015
- M Chinara, ‘The visible of the invisible trade: Trends, challenges and prospects of tourism in India’, published inOrissa Journal of Commerce, (ISSN 0974-8482),36(1), 107-120, 2015
- M Chinara, ‘MSMEs in Indian economy in the era of economic reforms: An analytical study’, published in Intercontinental Journal of Finance Research Review , (ISSN 2321-0354 online ISSN 2347-1654), 3(9):48-59. 2015
- M Chinara, “Promotion and development of women agro-entrepreneurs for sustainable rural development: An empirical study”, published in Global Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies, (ISSN 2348-0459), 4(8):133-140, 2015
- M Chinara& A Kamila, “Women’s financial inclusion: the path travelled and the way forward”, (Co-author AnshumanKamila) published in Odisha Economic Journal , (ISSN No. 0976-5409), 47(1): 108 -118, 2015
- M Chinara, “A case of optimality of SME investments: Effect of integration with large units – An Indian experience” published in Economic Administration Review, (ISSN 2277-5269), 31(2):45-59, 2014
- M Chinara, “Declining child sex ratio: Cause for concern ”, published in NAM Today , (ISSN 2347-3193), 42(10-11):14-18, 2014
- M Chinara, “New horizon of women labour market in India: Retrospects and Prospects”, published in The Indian journal of Eco-Finance, (ISSN 2249-3484),13(4):5-14, 2014
- M Chinara, “Women in Indian Labour Market: Trends and prospects” , published in Samikshya, A Journal of Directorate of Economics & Statistics, Odisha, 7(1):39-54, 2013
- M Chinara, “ Urbanization in India: Trends and Challenges”, published in Odisha Economic Journal , (ISSN No. 0976-5409), 44(1&2):104-117, 2012
- M Chinara, ‘Missing Girl Children: A reflection from 2011 Census’, published in Utkal Economic Papers, (ISSN No. 0976-7592), 15(1):67 -78, 2012
- M K Mishra & M Chinara, ‘Power sector reforms in Orissa- A reflection’, published in Utkal Economic Papers, , (ISSN No. 0976-7592), 12(1), 2000
- Laxminarayan Panda (2016) – Integrated diary development project: An impact study in selected districts in Orissa; (Co-guided: Prof Satyakam Mishra)
- SunitaMishra(2011) – ‘Tourism and Odisha economy: Contributions, problems and prospects’.
- Pradeep Kumar Swain(2011) – ‘Agricultural growth in Odisha- a case study of Khordha district’.
- SanghamitraSethi(2012) – “Micro-finance through Self Help Groups and its impact on poverty alleviation-A case study of Baranga block of Cuttack district”
- Rajat Kumar Mallick(2012) – “Credit facilities for MSMEs:A case study of Bhubaneswar municipal area”.
- BiswajeetMohanty(2013) – “A Study of OdishanHandicrafts:A Case Study of Raghurajpur Heritage Crafts Village, Puri”
- BidishaChatterjee (2013) – “East coast railways: Issues, performance and challenges”.
- ManaswiniPanda(2014) -“Financial Inclusion and Women Empowermen: A Study on the Women of Pattamundai Block of Kendrapara district”
- Jitendra Kumar Basti(2014) -“MGNREGA and its Impact on Migration and Income: A Case Study of NandapurGrampanchayat of Khurdha district”.
- Rupesh Ku Maharana(2015)- “A study of the link between economic growth and public debt in Indian economy: A time series analysis from 1980 to 2013”
- Niharika Biswal (2016)- Growth trajectory and sectoral inter-linkages in Odisha: An econometric analysis.
- RudrakshyaPradhan (2016)- Problems, prospects and challenges of Sponge Iron industries in Odisha: A case study of Jharsuguda district
- LopamudraBehara (2017) – Impact of a large industry in a rural area: A case study of FACOR in Bhadrak, Odisha.
- Bijaya Kumar Mallick (2017) – Existing agricultural practices of Kandha tribe: A study on Daringbadi block of Kandhamal district, Odisha
- DinamaniBiswal (2018) – Determinants of education loan for higher education in Odisha.
- SumitraSethi (2018) – Determinants of the decision to migrate and the amount of remittance of industrial labourers: A case study in Rourkela, Odisha.
- SujataKumari (2019) – A study of Indian stock market: Volatility clustering and relationship with macroeconomic variables.
- Sasmita Dalai (2019) – Status of women in construction sector: A case study in Bhubanesawr city.
- GitanjaliMahuri (2019) –Use of biomass fuel and health issues of women in rural Odisha: A case study in Keonjhar district.
- Arpita Das (2021) – Groundwater productivity in agriculture – A case study of Balasore district of Odisha.
- SonaliSethi (2021) – Accessibility and financing of health care services by tribal households in Mayurbhanj district of Odisha.
- Prakash Chandra Behera (2021) – E-commerce adoption by MSME: A case study in khorda District of Odisha.
- Sabina Begum (2021) – A study of access, repayment and Utilization of credit by rural household in Odisha during COVID-19: A case study of Kendrapada District of odisha.
- Co-PI in a project entitled “Financing of higher education in India: A study of flow of funds and its utilization”, financed by CPRHE-NUEPA, New Delhi. (Completed)
- PI in a project entitled “Will Odishan handicrafts survive in a globalised world? A case study of Raghurajpur handicraft village, Puri”, financed by Ministry of Finance, Government of India, 2012. (Completed)
- Co-PI in a project entitled “Women in corporate houses of Odisha”, financed by School of Women’s Study, Utkal University, Vani vihar, Bhubaneswar, (Completed)
- Co-PI in a project entitled “Institutional Support for women in Odisha”, financed by School of Women’s Study, Utkal University, Vani vihar, Bhubaneswar, 2011. (Completed)
- Presented a paper titled “Attracting FDI in India bit by bit – Do BITs significantly impact inflow of FDI into India” in Two day National seminar on Indian economy: Emerging issues and challenges for sustainable development , organised by Birla Global University during 23-24 November, 2018
- Chaired a session in the International Seminar on “Innovation and Entrepreneurship for sustainable development”, organized by PG dept. Of Commerce, Utkal University, held during 8-9 March, 2018.
- “Entrepreneurship and rural development: A case study”, presented in International Seminar on “Innovation and Entrepreneurship for sustainable development”, organized by PG dept. Of Commerce, Utkal University, held during 8-9 March, 2018.
- “Woes of women workers in urban informal sector: An exposition”, presented in Golden Jubilee Conference of Orissa Economics Association, held on 10-11 February, 2018, held in NCDS, Bhubaneswar.
- Chaired a session on “Communication and Children: A Developmental Approach” in the National Conference on Communication for Social Change, Development and Empowerment in Rural India, organized by Centre for Children Studies, KIIT School of Rural Management and School of Mass Communicatiojn, supported by UNICEF India, held during 4-5 December, 2017.
- Chaired a session on the State level Seminar on “Public Sector Banks at Crossroads and their way forward”, organized by Birla Global University. Bhubaneswar, on 14 October, 2017.
- “Women entrepreneurs: Problems in accessing institutional finance”, paper presented in the National Seminar on Banking & Entrepreneurship: 2017((Recent trends and opportunities), held during 14-15 May, 2017, by School of Commerce, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack.
- “Quantifying gender gap in rural market: the Blinder-Oaxaca Technique”, presented in ICSSR sponsored National Seminar on “Gender Discrimination in Rural Labour Market in India”, organized during 28-29 March, 2017, by Ravenshaw University, Cuttack.
- “The hidden challenge of rural economy: Gender discrimination in rural wage market”, presented in UGC sponsored International Seminar on “Resurgent Rural India: A Paradigm Shift, organized on 18-19 March, 2017 by P G department of Commerce, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.
- “Gender Gaps for Women at Work: A Global Perspective”, presented in National Seminar on “Women at Crossroads”, held on 21 February, 2017, organized by P G department of Public Administration and department of Journalism & Mass Communication, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.
- “Financing of Public Higher Education Institutions in Odisha: A Study of Flow of Funds and their Utilization”, presented in International Seminar on “Innovations in Financing of Higher Education” organized by CPRHE/NUEPA and British Council, on 16-17 February, 2017.
- “The Tyranny of Numbers – Gender Wage-Gaps and their decomposition”, presented in XLIX Annual Conference of Orissa Economics Association, held on 11-12 February, 2017, held in Rama Devi Women’s University, Bhubaneswar.
- “Financing of MSMEs: Issues and challenges”, presented in the National Seminar on “MSMEs: the engine of Indian Economy”, held during 27-28 January, 2017, organized by P G department of A & A Economics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.
- “Odishi Music: Past and present”, presented in National Seminar on “Indian Arts Enshrined in Textual Traditions: with Special Reference to Odisha” held on 30-31 January, 2017, organized by department of Sanskrit and Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts, in Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.
- “Exploring Growth Drivers of Odisha economy: An Econometric Analysis from 1950-51 to 2014-15”, presented in Annual Conference of The Indian Econometric Society, held during 22-24 December, 2016, at NISER, Bhubaneswar.
- “Adaptation strategies for climate change and poverty reduction: A case study in Odisha”, presented in the National Workshop on Building Climate Resilience and Mainstreaming DRR in the State of Odisha, organized by Climate Action Network South Asia and PG Department of Geography, Utkal University, on 23-24 April, 2016, at Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- “Progress of Financing of Higher Education in Odisha”, presented in Analysis framework Workshop of the National research Project titled “Financing of Public Higher Education Institutions in India: A study of flow of funds and their utilization” organized by CPRHE/NUEPA, on 18-19 April, 2016 in NUEPA, New Delhi.
- “Population dynamics and demographic transition in Odisha; Evidence from Census,2011”, presented in the data dissemination Workshop on Census 2011 organised by the Department of A & A Economics in collaboration with the Directorate of Census Operations, Odisha, Bhubaneswar held on 24 February, 2016.
- “Convergence of Indian States: Behaviour of measures of inequality and evidence on neo-classical conditional convergence”, presented in 48th Annual Conference of Odisha Economics Association during 13-14 February, 2016.
- “Corporate Social Responsibility – An Emerging Trend in the Banking Sector of India”, presented in National Seminar held by Department of PM and IR, Utkal University on Corporate Social Responsibility during 9-10 May 2015
- “Changing Role of Commercial Banks in a developing economy”, presented in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Banking: Emerging Trends, Challenges and Opportunities held in Ravenshaw University, Cuttack during 29 March 2015.
- “Changing role of SMEs in a developing Economy – Evidences from Odisha”, presented in National Seminar on “Manufacturing Sector in India – Issues and challenges”, held by P G Department of Commerce, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar during 25-26 March, 2015.
- “Employment and Employability : The New Dimensions”, presented in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Recent Trends in Business Education and Employability held in MPC Autonomous College, Baripada during 24-25 March 2015
- “Sustainable women entrepreneurship in Handicraft Sector of KBK district of Odisha”, presented in ICSSR sponsored National Seminar on “Women Entrepreneurship in North East India – Issues and Challenges”, held by Mizoram Central University, Aizawl, during 26-27 February, 2015.
- “Women’s Financial Inclusion : Path travelled and Way forward”, presented in Annual Conference of Orissa Economic Association held in Centurion University, Bhubaneswar during 21-22 February 2015.
- “Corporate Social Responsibility – The Myth and Reality”, presented in 67th All India Commerce Conference 2014, held in KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, during 27-29 December 2014.
- Keynote Speaker in 67th All India Commerce Conference of Indian Commerce Association held in KIIT University Bhubaneswar during 27-29 December 2014.
- “Self Help Groups and Entrepreneurship Development – A Critical Appraisal”, presented in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Strategic Entrepreneurial Innovation for Sustainable Tribal Area Development, held in P G Department of Commerce, Utkal University during 27 March 2014.
- Keynote Speaker in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Management Practices and Sustainable Development held by PG Department of Business Management, FM University Balasore during 23-24 March 2014.
- “Changing dimensions of financial inclusion in India : The Role of Postal Network” presented in World Finance and Banking Symposium 2013, held in Beijing, China during 16-17 December 2013.
- “A Gender Perspective on Food Security” presented in National Conference on “Social Sector in India : Issues and Challenges, held in Department of Analytical and Applied Economics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar during 29-30 March 2013.
- “Women Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Development in Odisha” presented in UGC Sponsored International Seminar on “Innovation and Competitive Strategies for Sustainable Entrepreneurship” held in P G Department of Commerce (DRS – II), Utkal University, Bhubaneswar during 23-24 February 2013
- “Land Acquisition and Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill 2011 : A historical and gender perspective” presented in 45th Annual Conference of Odisha Economics Association, held in National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar, during 9 – 10 February 2013.
- “Financial Inclusion through India Posts” presented in National Seminar on “Financial Inclusion and Inclusive Growth in India”, held in P G Department of Analytical and Applied Economics, Utkal University, during 17-18 October 2012.
- “Women Entrepreneurship in Odisha – the Issues, Perspectives and Challenges” presented during UGC Sponsored International Seminar on “Development of Entrepreneurship in MSME –a way forward to sustainability” held in P G Department of Commerce, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar during 6-7 March 2012.
- “Urbanisation in India – Trends and Challenges” presented in 44th Annual Conference of Odisha Economics Association 2012 held in LN SahuMahavidyalaya, Jagatpur, Cuttack during 21-22 January 2012.
- “Poverty and Human Development” presented in UGC Sponsored National Conference on “Challenges in Financing Human Development in India” held in Department of Economics, Tagore Arts College in collaboration with Department of Economics, Pondicherry University during 20-21 January 2012.
- “NREGA and Poverty Reduction in Rural India” presented in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Economic Development and Rural Poverty in India” held in Department of Analytical and Applied Economics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar during 28-29 March 2011.
- “Gender Dimensions of Rural-Urban Migration” presented in 43rd Annual Conference of Odisha Economics Association held in Department of Economics, Udayanath Autonomous College of Science and Technology, PrachiJnanapitha, Adaspur, Cuttack during 19-20 February 2011.
- University Gold Medal for securing highest marks in PG examination of 1987
- Fourth position in the Utkal University merit list in Economics (Hons), 1985.
- Second position in Utkal University merit list in Intermediate Science Examination, 1983.
- FDP on Leadership and Excellence, conducted by AICTE training and Learning Academy during 7-11 September, 2020
- FDP on Design, Develop and Deliver Online courses, conducted by NIEPA< New Delhi during 22-26 June 2020.
- Five Day Workshop on Research, Innovation and Technology in Higher Education, organized by Department of Higher and Professional Education, NUEPA, heldat Human Resource Development Centre, Goa University, Goa, during 28 January–1 February, 2019
- Specialised Course in Higher Education: Equity, Privatization and Internationalization organized by NUEPA, New Delhi and SabitriBaiPhule Pune University held during 12-23 December, 2016.
- UGC Sponsored Orientation Programme in Human Values in Education organized by Academic Staff College, Utkal University held during 18 November – 15 December 2010
- Global Skill Enhancement Programme conducted by Infosys BPO at Infosys – Bhubaneswar during 17 June – 30 June 2009
- UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Economics organized by Academic Staff College, Utkal University held during 23 November – 13 December 2004
- UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Economics organized by Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management, Bhubaneswar from 14 July – 2 August 2003
- UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Economics organized by Academic Staff College, Sambalpur University held during 27 August – 16 September 2002
- UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Economics organized by Academic Staff College, Utkal University held during 3 December – 23 December 2001
Journal Reviewing: List of Journals.
Reviewer: Manthan, Mudra, Orissa Economic Journal, Orissa journal of Commerce
- An ‘A’ grade artist of All India Radio and Door Darshan
- Has a large number of cassettes and CDs to her credit
- Performed as a solo artist in many classical and semi-classical concerts across the length and breadth of the country and abroad
- Has been a part of Indian contingent in the Festival of India held in the former USSR and South America
- Recipient of the State Award as the Best female play-back singer for the year 2004
- Has rendered voice for the first ever Theme Song of Utkal University, adopted in 2016.