|Utkal University||March 2007||Ph.D.
Thesis Title: Emerging Health Problem of Tibetan Refugees of Chandragiri, Odisha
Areas: Biological Anthropology
Advisor: Retd. Prof. P. K. Das (U.U.) & Prof. Ranjan Gupta (ISI)
Thesis Title: Nutritional Status of two underprivileged communities of Muniguda Block, Rayagada, Odisha
Areas: Physical Anthropology
Advisor: Prof. P. K. Das & Prof. S. K. Ghousgmaullick
|Utkal University||May 1996||M.Sc.
Thesis Title: a bio-anthropological study on patients with diabetes mellitus
Areas: Physical Anthropology
Advisor: Prof. P. K. Das & Prof. S. K. Ghousgmaullick
|Khallikote (Auto.)College||April 1994||B.Sc.
Thesis Title: A study on developmental strategies & social change among the Bauries of Chikareda, Ganjam
Research Supervisor: Sanjay Kumar Biswal
|UGC||Dec. 1996||Department: Anthropology
|Utkal University||January 2016 onwards||Associate Professor|
|Utkal University||January. 2011-January 2016||Reader|
|Central University of Odisha||Sept. 2009-Sept 2010||Lecturer|
|O.E.S Dept. of Higher Education||March 2001 – January 2011||Jr. Lecturer/Lecturer|
- Junior Research Fellow, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata (1998)- 2 Years
- Senior Research Fellow, Indian Statistical Institute, (2000-2001)- <1 Year
Department of Anthropology , S. M. Government Women’s College, Phulbani, Odisha
Duties: B.A. Anthropology, Environmental Studies (Theory & Practical)
|IGNOU, Academic Counsellor for MA programmee
Duties: Teaching Research Methodology, Sociological Thoughts
Department of Anthropology, Central University of Odisha
Duties: MA/MSc Biological Anthropology, Human Genetics (Theory & Practical’s)
Department of Anthropology, Utkal University, Odisha
Duties: MSc, Biological Anthropology, Genetics, Human Molecular Genetics, Forensic Anthropology, Demographic Anthropology (Theory & practical’s)
MPhil : Human Evolutionary Genetics (theory & Practical’s)
PhD (Research Methodology –Theory & Practical’s)
MSc: MSc, Biological Anthropology, Genetics, Human Molecular Genetics, Forensic Anthropology, Demographic Anthropology (theory & practical’s)
MPhil : Human Evolutionary Genetics (theory & Practical’s)
PhD (Research Methodology –Theory & Practical’s
- Dash, J, PK Patra, KC Satapathy (2014) Ethonomedical Practices in Tribal Areas, SSDN Publication, New Delhi.
- Dash, J, PK Patra, KC Satapathy (2014) Dimensions of Health Care Practices Among Tribal and other Communities, SSDN Publication, new Delhi
- Satapathy, KC (2010). Refugees Health: A bioanthropological study on Tibetan Refugees of Chandragiri, Odisha, Athena Publication, Bhubaneswar
Articles Published in Edited Book:
- Satapathy KC, P K Patra and S. Mohapatra (2019). Epidemiology of Blood Pressure among the Tribes of Odisha,pp-291-312 In. M. C. Behera (Ed.), Shifting Perspective in Tribal Studies, Springer.
- Das A, L. Mohanty, K.C. Satapathy and P.K.Patra (2016). Pattern of handiya consumption among the Munda community of Jajpur district, Odisha. In Transformation from Tradition to Modernisation : Need of the day for Change and Development, Sept 2016 ISBN_978_81_921307_4_3 .
- Mohapatra M., K.C. Satapathy & P.K.Patra (2016). Prevalence of Anemia among the Tribals in Mayurbhanj district of Odisha, Pp. 141-152. In: Human Growth and Nutrition: A Biocultural Synthesis/ RK Gautam & PK Patra/ Kalpaz Publications/ Delhi. ISBN: 978-9-351-28204-4.
- C. Satapathy (2016) Growth and Nutritional Status of adolescent Tibetans in Odisha, In: Human Growth and Nutrition: A Biocultural Synthesis/ RK Gautam & PK Patra/ Kalpaz Publications/ Delhi. ISBN: 978-9-351-28204-4.
- Mohapatra S, K.C. Satapathy and P.K.Patra (2018) Epidemiology of Blood Pressure among tribes of North Odisha” in L. K. Sahoo ed Tribal Health: Regional Perspective, Serial Publication, New Delhi.
- Satapathy, KC, PK Patra and J Badanali.(2019) Epidemiology of Blood Pressure among
the tribes of Nabarangpur District, Odisha, In: N Panigrahi (Ed.) Tribal Economy, Culture and Society in India, Concept Publishing Company Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi.
- Kuiti, B. K. ; Acharya, S.; Satapathy, K. C., Barik, D. K. and P. K. Patra. (2022). Composite Index of Anthropometric Failure (CIAF) among Juang Children and Adolescents of Keonjhar District in Odisha, India. Man, Environment and Society, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 133-154. View
- Kuti, B. K., Acharya, S., Satapathy, K. C.,Barik, D. K., Patra, P K.(2022) Assessement of Nutritional Status Among Children and Adolescent of Juang tribes in Kenojhar district of Odisha, India. The Oriental Anthropologists; 1-12. View
- Panda, M., Satapathy, K.C., & Mahapatra, A.( 2021) Life Style of Binjhal Tribe Residing in a Malaria Endemic Village in Odisha, India a Mixed Method Study, Skylines of Anthropology, 1: 1, pp. 22-35. View
- Panda, Mahendra, A. Mohapatra and K. C. Satapathy (2018) HealthSeeking Behaviour of people in a Malaria Endemic Village of Odisha: An In-depth Study Journal of Oriental Anthropology, 2018, 18 (2) pp 341-360 View
- Satapathy, KC, P K Patra, M Chinara, D K Barik and S R Bal. (2020) A Study on Blood Pressure Distribution among the Juangs: A Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Group of Odisha, ADIVASI, 60(2): 34-47. View
- Panda, Mahendra, A. Mohapatra and K. C. Satapathy(2020)Malaria Causes, Transmission, and control Practices of People Living in an Endemic Village in KBK District of Odisha: An Anthropological Study, Ethno Med. 14(1-2):58-67.
- Sahoo, L K and K. C. Satapathy (2020) Indigenous Land Classification and management among the Bhunjia Community of Odisha. Journal of Indian Anthropological Society. 55:35-49.
- Gouda, Sunil and K. C. Satapathy (2019) Prevelence of Non-Communicable Disease Risk Factors among tribal communities of Inida: An Overview with reference to Odisha, ADIVASI, SCSTRTI 59(2): 46-56.
- Panda, M, K C Satapathy and A Mahapatra (2019) Perception and Care-Seeking Practicesof People in a Malaria Endemic Village in Odisha: An In depth Study. The Eastern Anthropologist 72:1&2(2019), pp 177-192. View
- Barik D K, Satapathy K C and P K Patra (2019) A Study on random blood sugar level of Santal population of Mayurbhanj, Odisha, Man in Society, 26, pp 35-39.
- Gouda Sunil and K C Satapathy(2019) Prevelance of alcohol consumption and their association with socio-cultural environmental factors among Santal and khola communities of Northen Odisha, Man in Society, 26, pp 40-49.
- Panda, Mahendra and K C Satapathy (2019) Anthropological contribution to the study of Disaster: an analysis, Man in Society, 26, pp 85-99.
- Sarkar, Sanghamitra, M Chinara, K C Satapathy and Patra P K (2019) The Juang- a Particularly vulnerable Tribal group of Odisha: a review, Man in Society, 26, pp 100-115.
- Badamali, Jagatdarshi, A Das, K C Satapathy, R Bhuyan and s K Bhuyan (2019) Distribution and pattern of Tobacco consumption among the Tribes of North Odisha, Man in Society, 26, pp 116-123.
- Satapathy Kanhu Charan and Mohapatra Sambit Kumar (2019-20) Anemia: A Serious threat to Kutia Kondha and Desia Kondha of Kandhamal District, Odisha, Journal of the Dept. of Anthropology, University of Culcutta, 2018,18, pp. 14-23.
- Diptiranjan Sahoo, Prasanna Kumar Patra, Kanhu Charan Satpathy (2019-20) Double Burden of Malnutrition among the Santals of Tiring Block of Mayurbhanj District, Odisha. Journal of the Dept. of Anthropology, University of Culcutta, 2018, 18, pp. 169-181.
- Subhalaxmi Baral, K.C. Satapathy, P.K. Patra. (2019-20) A Comparative Study of Maternal health care practices and child mortality among the tribes of Odisha. Journal of the Dept. of Anthropology, University of Culcutta, 2018,18, pp. 194-210.
- Mahapatra S K and K C Satapathy (2018) Blood Pressure: an emerging health issue among the Desia Kondha of Sarakui Village, Pulbani, Kandhamal district of Odisha, Maternal health among the Santals of tiring Block of Mayurbhanj District, Odisha, Man in Society, 25, pp.88-92.
- Sahoo S, Patra P K , Satapathy K C and L K Sahoo (2018) Maternal health among the Santals of tiring Block of Mayurbhanj District, Odisha, Man in Society, 25, pp.52-55
- Sahoo K, Patra PK, Satapathy K C and L K Sahoo (2018) Traditional Knowledge and Practices for Prevention of Malariaamong the Santal tribe of Tiring Block of Mayurbhaj, Odisha Man in Society, 25, pp.56-59.
- Baral S, Satapathy K C and P K Patra (2018) Teenage pregnancy and antenatal care practices among the Amanatya, Bhotrs and Saora tribes of Nabarangapur district, Odisha, Man in Society, 25, pp.47-51.
- Barik D K, Patra P K, Satapathy K C and L K Sahoo (2018) Prevelence of non-communicable disease risk factor among the rural Santal of Mayurbhanj district, Odisha, Man in Society, 25, pp.24-30.
- Sethi S and K C Satapathy (2018) A Study on the Nutritional Status of tribes of Shamakhunta Block, Mayurbhanj district, Odisha, Man in Society, 25, pp.15-13.
- Panda M, A Mahapatra and K C Satapathy(2018) Health Seeking Behaviour of People in a Malaria Endemic Village of Odisha, India: An In-depth Study, The Oriental Anthropologist 18(2): pp 341-360.
- J Badamali, Satapathy, K. C. and P K Patra (2016) Growth pattern of Height and Body weight during childhood and Adolescence: A Crosssectional Study on three rural populations of Odisha, Man in Society, Vol. 23.
- Sahoo, P. K. Partra and Satapathy, KC(2016) Prevalence of Under nutrition among three Tribes of Nabarangpur, Odisha, Man in Society, Vol. 23.
- Mohanty, S, A. Das, C. Satapathy and P.K.Patra (2016) Association study of alcohol consumption with perceived stress among Munda and Pano communities of Jajpur district, Odisha, Man in Society, Vol. 23.
- Baral, S, Satapathy, KC and Patra, PK. (2016) Maternal and Child health among the ethenic groups of Turuniji village of Nabarangpur district, Odisha, Man in Society, Vol. 23
- Puja, Satapathy, K. C. and P K Patra (2016) Study on Age at Menopause: Menopausal Symptoms and problems among ethnic groupds of South Odisha, Man in Society, Vol. 23.
- Mohapatra S, Das A, L. Mohanty, K.C. Satapathy and P.K.Patra (2016) ABO and Rh frequency distribution and gene frequency among the Munda community of Jajpur district, Odisha, Indian Journal of physical Anthropology and Human Genetics 35. (2): 179-186.
- Baliarsingh S, S, Mohapatra,S., and K. C. Satapathy (2016). Prevalence of Anemia among KutiaKondha of Tumudibandha Block,Kandhamal District, Odisha, The Tribal Tribune8; Issue(3),April 2016.
- Satapathy, K. C. (2016) Human Diversity Study in Odisha: An Overview, The Tribal Tribune, Vol-8 Issue-4, July 2016.
- Baliarsingh, S, S K Mohapatra and K. C Satapathy(2015)Prevalence of Anemia among Pano Community of Tumudibandha Block, Kandhamal District Odisha, Man in Society, 22, pp.117-124.
- Mohapatra S, K. C Satapathy and S Mohapatra(2015)An assessment of Health Status of Kondha and Sounti Tribe of Nilriprasad, Khordha District, Odisha Man in Society, 22, pp.125-143.
- Sahoo S A. Das, K. C. Satapathy and P K Patra (2015)Association of Perceived Stress with nicotine Consumption in Pana community of Jajpur District, Odisha . Man in Society, 22, pp.144-151.
- Das, Lipsa, K C Satapathy and P K Patra (2015) Immunization Status among Tribal Children of Mayurbhanj, Odisha: A Case Study . Man in Society, 22, pp.152-160.
- Mohapatra S, Satapathy, K. C, Patra, PK and Das PK. Epidemiology of blood pressure among some tribes of India:Bhumij, Bathudi and Savar . The Tribal Tribune, Vol. 7;No.2 January 2015.
- Satapathy, K. C, Das, Lipsa. Health status of Tribal Women of Mayurbhanj, Odisha: A Case study. The Tribal Tribune, Vol. 7;No.3 April 2015.
- Satapathy K C , B Sahoo, P K Das, Morphometric Analysis and Sex determination of Human Mandible of East Indian population. Man in Society 21, 2014.
- Satapathy, K. C, Sahoo, Bidybharati . Significance of Morphometric analysis of Foramen MagnumHuman Dry Crania for the Estimation of Sex, The Tribal Tribune, 2015.
- Satapathy, K C. 2015. Epigenetics, Module-36, Biological Anthropology, e-Pathasala, UGC, MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Satapathy K C and B Sahoo Estimation of Endocranial Capacity and Identification of Sex from Adult Human Skull of Eastern India The Tribal Tribune7;No.1 October 2014.
- Satapathy, K. C. A Study on Tibetan of Chandragiri, Odisha. The Tribal Tribune, Vol. 5;No.2 January 2013.
- Satapathy K C. Nutritional Status and Blood Pressure of Tibetans settled in Orissa. Man in Society, Vol 20, 2013.
- Satapathy, K. C. 2010. Health Status of Tibetan Refugees in Indian: Problems and Prospective, Indian Journal of Physical Anthropology and Human Genetics.29(1-2):117-132
- Satapathy, K. C. A Study on the birth weight of Tibetan refugees of Chandragiri, Orissa. South Asian Anthropologist. 10, No.1, March 2010.
- Satapathy, K. C. Coping with Malaria: A Study of Knowledge, Attitude and Practice (KAP) on Malaria among the Tibetans of Chandragiri, Orissa Mekala Insight, v1, no.1. pp:68-87(2009).
- Satapathy, K. C. An Anthropological Study on Diabetes Mellitus Patients. The Research Network, IV(3):52-58, Sept.2009.
- Satapathy, K. C. A Cross-sectional study of Growth of Tibetans in Orissa. The Research Network, IV(4):112-121, Dec.2009.
- Tripathy, V;Satapathy, K. C and Gupta, R. Nutritional Status and Hypertension among Tibetan Adults in India Human Ecology(Special Issue) No.14:77-82(2006).
- Tripathy, V;Satapathy, K. C and Gupta, R.(2006) ABO and Rh Polymorphism among Tibetans in India Human Biology, April 2006, v. 78, no. 2, pp. 299-233.
Referred Conference Publications
- Satapathy, K. C.(2019): Tribal Health in Odisha: Issues and challenges, proceedings of ICSSR sponsored National Seminar on “Mapping the Future Human : Anthropological Perspective, FM(Auto) College, Balesore 18-19January, 2019.
- Sahoo, L K, and KC Satapathy(2019): Bhunjia Indigenous Knowledge, resource Management and Development, proceedings of ICSSR sponsored National Seminar on “Mapping the Future Human : Anthropological Perspective, FM(Auto) College, Balesore 18-19January, 2019 pp-199
Ph. D. SCHOLARS
|Sl No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Registration No||Name of the Co-guide if any||Fellowship received if any during research||Topic of PhD Thesis|
|1.||Soubhagini Mohapatra||2018||03-Anthropology-2012-13||Nil||(UGC, NET)||Determinants of Human Hypertension: An Epidemiological Study of Migrant Community(Marwari) of Khordha District, Odisha|
|2.||Swagatika Kanungo||Cont.||02-Anthropology, 2014-2015||Prof. R. P. Mohanty||Nil
|Bio-cultural perspectives of menopause in Mayurbhanj district, Odisha: An anthropological study”|
|3.||Sambit Kumar Mohapatra||Cont.||05-Anthropology 2015-2016||Nil||Nil
|Health Status among the Desia, Dongoria and Kutia Kondhas of Odisha: A comperative analysis|
|4.||Shyama Mohapatra||Cont.||05-Anthropology 2015-2016||Nil||UGC
|“Genetic epidemiology of blood pressure: A study on the Bhumij tribe of Odisha”|
|5.||Simarani Sethi||Cont.||09-Anthropology 2015-2016||Nil||SRF, RGNF||“ An anthropological study of food culture, nutritional status of Kondh tribes of Rayagada district, Odisha”|
|6.||Mahendra Kumar Panda||2021||07-Anthropology 2016-2017||Nil||
|“Problems of Endemic Malaria and Intervention stratigies among the people of KBK district, Odisha: An anthropological study|
|7.||Sunil Kumar Gouda||Submitted||01-
|Nil||UGC, NET||“Prevalence of non-Communicable Disease risk Factors among the Santa land Munda Tribal Communities of Kaliapani Mining Cluster, jajpur, Odisha”|
Post Doctoral Scholars
|Sl No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Name of the Co-guide if any||Fellowship received if any during research||Topic of PhD Thesis|
|1.||Dr. Laxman Kumar Sahoo||Sept.2017 to Sept. 2020||Nil||Dr. Radhakrishnan Post- Doctoral Fellowship, 2017-18, UGC, New Delhi||Bhunjia indigenous Knowledge, Resource Management and Development|
|2.||Dr. Durga Madhab Mohapatra||2021-22||Dr. Bhabatarini Panda||CoE in Climate, Environment and Public Health, RUSA-2, Utkal University.||Bio fertilizer & nanofertilizer|
MPhil: 25 completed
MSc: 50 completed
- Adjunct Faculty, Centre of Excellence in Tribal and Marginalized Communities, Utkal University, World Bank Supported, Dept. of Higher Education, Govt, of Odisha project on Health and Nutritional Status of PVTGs in Odisha (Continuing).
- Submitted to UGC, A Demo-genetic Study on Tribes of Mayurbhanj, Odisha, UGC, CAS-I, Dept. of Anthropology, Utkal University, 2013-14 K. C. Satapathy & P.K. Patra.
- Associated with Determinants of Health: Health status of Tibetan Refugees in India, ISI, Kolkata under Prof. Ranjan Gupta, (1998-2001)
- Submitted research report on PIP monitoring and Evaluation, MOHF&W, Govt. of India (2018-2019)
- Submitted research report on PIP PIP monitoring and Evaluation, MOHF&W, Govt. of India(2017-2018)
- Submitted research report on PIP PIP monitoring and Evaluation, MOHF&W, Govt. of India(2016-2017)
- Submitted research report on PIP PIP monitoring and Evaluation, MOHF&W, Govt. of India (2015-2016
- Attend workshop on a the 1st round of consultation meeting for the preparation of the 2nd State Human Development Report (SHDR) organized by the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela in collaboration with Poverty & Human Development Monitoring Agency (PHDMA), Planning and Convergence (P & C) Department during 23rd – 24th June 2017 at The New Marrion Hotel, Bhubaneswar.
- Workshop on Anthropology and Museum, IGRMS, Bhopal, January, 2016
- Workshop on the Conservation of Ethnographic Specimens , Department of Anthropology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, June 2013
- Workshop Human Skeleton, Harirajpur, Department of Anthropology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, June, 2013.
- Work shop Molecular Technique in Anthropology at iAnSI,Indian Anthropological Survey of India, Mysore, India.
- Workshop Hands on training on techniques on human molecular genetics, 2012, Department of anthropology, Pt. RS University, Raipur, Chattishgarah.
- Global Skills Enhancement Programme under Project Genesis conducted by Infosys BPO and Department of Higher Education , Govt. of Odisha, Infosys, Bhubaneswar, July 23rdto 4th August 2007.
- UGC Refresher Course conducted by ASC, Utkal University, Orissa 26.1.2010 to 16.2.2010.Received practical training in the workshop on Techniques of Human Cytogenetics organized by DSA programme in Anthropology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Orissa, March 8-12, 1999.
- Refresher Course on Global Skills Enhancement Programme, INFOSYS, Bhubaneswar,Orissa,26thMay to 27th May, 2008.
- CHSE, Orientation Programme in Anthropology held at BJB Junior College, Bhubaneswar, Orissa, 12thJanuary to 17th January, 2008.
- UGC Refresher Course in Anthropology conducted ASC, Sambalpur University, Sambalpur ,Orissa, 15thMarch to 4th April,2007.
- UGC Orientation Course conducted by ASC, Sambalpur University, Sambalpur, Orissa. 23rdAugust to 28th September 2006.
- NSS Orientation Course” attended at OUAT, Bhubaneswar from 15thSept to 24th 2003.
- “Faculty Development Programme: Teachers’ Training on Disaster Management”, NIDM, New Delhi in collaboration with Pondicherry Central University, Govt. of India., 21st to 25th September 2020.
- Organized review meeting and presented before the NAAC team on 19th 2016 to the Population Research Centre, Bhubaneswar.
- Organized and act as a member of selection committee for the Recruitment of Research Assistant for Population Research centre, Bhubaneswar, 28.2.2017.
- Organized Review Committee meeting and Presented report of PRC Bhubaneswar before the Review Committee headed by Prof. James, JNU and Ms N. Gogoi, Director,MH&FW, GOI to on 08.08.2017 to 9.8.2017.
- Organized and Celebrated of World Population Day on Family Planning And Human Rights, 11th July 2018.
- Organized Third Party Review meeting of PRC Bhubaneswar, 2019 by Administrative Staff College, Hyderabad, 2019.
- Coordinator, National Seminar “Tribal Situations with Special Reference to Eastern India” 28th -30th March, 2018
- Coordinator, National Workshop “Research Methodology in Social Sciences, with Anthropological Survey of India, GoI, 15-17, Feb., 2018.
- Coordinator, Workshop on “Anthropological Data Analysis Using ‘R’ Software, UGC, CAS, Dept. of Anthropology, Utkal University, 25th October, 2017.
- Coordinator, Technical Session, International Conference on “Understanding Tribes in the Neoliberal Era”, 9-10th March, 2019 organized by the Dept. Of Anthropology, Utkal University in collaboration with WB-SHEP.Dept. Higher Education, Govt. Of Odisha.
- Course Coordinator: Workshop “Skill Enhancement in Anthropology” 2-3rdNovember, 2015Coordinator, P. G. Department of Anthropology Choice Based Credit System, Utkal Universiy, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, 2013-14.
- Course Coordinator, UGC sponsored National online Refresher Course on “Tribal Studies” held from 8th to 21th January 2021 in collaboration with HRDC, Utkal University.Invited lectures:
- Extramural Lecture on “Forensic Anthropology” delivered at Department of Anthropology, Kamala Nehru Women’s College, Bhubaneswar on 04.03.2020.
- “Scope of Forensic Anthropology in 21st Century” delivered on 10.01.2020 at BB (Autonomous) College, Chandikhol, Odisha.
- “Issues of Tribal Health in Odisha: An Anthropological Perspective” at National Tribal Conclave, Centre of Excellences for Tribal Studies, 22-23, 2017, National Institutes of Technology, Rourkela, Odisha.
- Delivered lecture on Human Genetics and its Application in Anthropology, at B B Mahavidyalaya, Jajpur, Odisha on 28.09.2016
- Delivered lectures on ‘Biocultural approaches in Social Sciences and its relevance in 21st century’ at National workshop on Research Methodology, 27.7.2017 organized by P. G. Department of Statistics.
- Participated and presented the AWP report of PRC, Bhubaneswar in the Annual Work Plan review meeting of Mo&HFW, Govt. of India , Assam, 22-23rd March, 2017
- Delivered lectures on “Fieldwork” at UGC sponsored Refresher course organized by the P. G. Dept. of Anthropology, Utkal University, 2017.
- Delivered a Lecture on “Fieldwork: A Study on Tibetan Refugees settled in Odisha”, Refresher Course, HRDC, Utkal University September, 2018.
- Delivered a Lecture on “Museum and Gender”, Refresher Course, HRDC, Utkal University, September, 2018,
- Delivered lecture on “An anthropological perspective of tribal health in Odisha” HRDC, Utkal University, December, 2018.
- Application of Human Genetics”, Extra mural Lecture delivered in the Department of Anthropology, Kamala Nehru Women’s College, Bhubaneswar, 05.12.2015.
- Application of DNA technology in Anthropology, 2-3 rd Nov. 2015, Workshop in Skill Development in Anthropology. P. G. Dept. of Anthropology, Utkal University.
- Invited talk on Anthropology and Public health, IIPH, Bhubaneswar, 2015.
- Research on Human Subjects: Bioethical perspective” , delivered in Refresher Course, UGC, Academic Staff College, 13.8.2013, DDCE, Utkal University, Vani Vihar.
- Bio-cultural approach: A study on Tibetan refugees of Chandragiri, Odisha” delivered on 06.08.2013 in the Refresher Course organized by DDCE, UGC Academic Staff College, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- PRC: Mission and Visions, Bhubaneswar organized and presentation made before NAAC team, 2016.
- Bio-cultural Approach in Social Sciences” delivered on 05.08.2013 in the Refresher Course organized by DDCE, UGC Academic Staff College, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Perspectives of research on Human Subjects in 21stCentury” delivered in Refresher Course, UGC, Academic Staff College, July 2013, DDCE, Utkal University, Vani Vihar.
- Man in extreme environment” delivered in UGC refresher course, 2011, UGC, Academic Staff College, Utkal University. Bhubeneswar, Odisha.
- Ecological Pragmatism, Food and Nutritional Security among the Tibetan Refugees in India”, presented on 28th2001, ISCA Head Quarter, Kolkata. Know How/events, The Telegraph, Monday 5 March, 2001
- “Epidemiology of Blood Pressure among the Tribes of Odisha” in National Seminar on Population and Health in the context of Sustainable Development Goals organized by IIPS, Mumbai and NKCDS, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, January 11-13, 2017.
- Peoples participation and Experiment of Strategies in VCS-Phailin in Odisha: An Anthropological Perspective, 30th November, 2016.NKCDS, Bhubaneswar
- Participated and presented research paper entitled “Population variation with respect to blood pressure among some tribes of Odisha” Second Dissemination Workshop of PRCs, scheduled on 11thand 12th September, 2017 at Goa.
- Participated as a Resource person for two days State level workshop on “Good practices in Tribal Development issues learnt from different sectors and service deliveries with respect to PVTG’s” 19-20 August, 2017 organized by SCSTRTI, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Participated and presented paper in the National Seminar on Tribal Education, 25th January 2018, KIIS, and Bhubaneswar.
- Key note address on ‘Perspectives of Tribal Health in Odisha’ at National Seminar on Globalization of Indian Tribes: Past, Present and future Dynamica’, organized by Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi, Delhi, 26-27 October, 2018
- Satapathy K C 2015, 4th-5th Health and nutritional status of tribal women of Mayurbhaj, Odisha: a case study, National Seminar on Tribal Governance and Tribal Development (Special Reference to Jharakhand), NUSRL, Ranchi.
- Satapathy K C 2015, 26-27th Human Diversity Study in Odisha: An Overview”; Biological Anthropology Unit , ISI, Kolkata.
- Satapathy KC and Patra PK 2015, 21st – 23rd Teaching and Research in biological Anthropology in Odisha: An Outline. Souvenir. Indian Anthropology Congress (12th INCAA Congress), Bhubaneswar. pg 46-49.
- Satapathy K C 2015, 21st -23rd Research on Human Subjects: Issues and Challenges. Indian Anthropology Congress, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Satapathy K C 2015, 21st -23rd Teaching, research and curriculum development in Anthropology, Odisha. Indian Anthropology Congress, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Satapathy K C 2013, 21st – 23rd Problems and Perspectives of Biological Anthropology Research in Odisha, National Conference on “Recent trends in Research on Biological Anthropology in Eastern and North-Eastern India”, Biological Anthropology Unit, ISI, Kolkata.
- Satapathy K C 2012, 3rd -7th Human Adaptation and Migration: An Anthropological Study”, Anthropological and Behavioural Science Section, 99th The Indian Science Congress Association, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Satapathy K C 2012, 26th -30th Growth and Nutritional Status of Adolescent Tibetans in Odisha..” IUAES Inter-Congress, KISS & KIIT University, Odisha.
- Satapathy K C 2012, 5th -6th Environment and Displacement- A Study on Tibetan Refugees of Odisha, National Seminar on Development Induced Displacement; Approaches & Issues, Department of Political Science, Paramananda College, Bolgarh, Odisha.
- Satapathy K C 2010, 15th History and Culture: An Overview on Kandhamal District, Department of History and Odia, S. M. Govt. Women’s College, Phulbani, Odisha.
- Satapathy K C 2010, 27th– 28thTibetans in India and their coping strategies from a Bio-cultural perspectives. National Seminar on “Biocultural Anthropology: Prospects and Challenges”. CAS Department of Anthropology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Satapathy, K C, 2020. Perspectives of Forensic Anthropology Today, presented in the National Seminar on Emerging trends in Anthropology organized by The Department of Anthropology, Govt. (Auto.) College, Phulbani, Odisha on 29th 2020.
- Young Progressive Carrier Achievement Award, 2018, Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi.
- Certificate of Merit, 2007, Refresher Course, ASC, Sambalpur University, Odisha
- Young Scientist Award, 2000, Anthropology & Archaeology Section, ISCA, India
- University Gold Medal, 1996, Sc. First Class First Anthropology, Utkal University
- National Scholarship for B.Sc., Berhampur University, 1994
- Certificate of Merit, 1994, B.Sc., First Class First with Distinction, Berhampur University
- Research Fellow (JRF& SRF), Anthropology & Human Genetics Unit, Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata, 1998-2001
- Govt. of India Fellowship , MOH&FW, GOI to peruse MPS at IIPS, Mumbai, 1998-99
- Superintendent, Vth Gent’s Hostel, Utkal University (2011-2016)
- Deputy Director in charge, Population Research Centre (PRC),Bhubaneswar, Utkal University, Odisha (August 2015- June 2019) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
- Secretary, Teacher’s Council, P. G. Department of Anthropology, Utkal University, 2014- August, 2021.
- OSD (Examination), Utkal University, Vani Vihar, 28th January 2021 and continuing.
- Co-coordinator, Public Health , CoE in Climate, Environment and Public Health, RUSA-2, Utkal university.
Member of Association & Societies:
- Life Member, Indian National Confederation of Anthropologist (INCA)
- Life Member, Indian Anthropological Association (IAA)
- Life Member of International Union for Health Promotion & Education
- Life Member, Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA)
- Life Member, Indian Public Health Association
- Member, Board of Studies, KISS, Bhubaneswar
- Annual membership in IUAES, 2013
- Member, Board of Studies in Anthropology, Govt. (Auto.) College, Phulbani
- Member, Academic Council, Talcher (Auto.) College, Talcher
- Member, Board of Studies in Anthropology, Utkal University
- Member, Institutional Ethical Committee, IIPH, Bhubaneswar
- Member, Board of Studies in Anth., North Odisha University, Baripada
- Member, Board of Studies in Anth., B. B. Mahavidyalaya, Chandikhol
- Member, DRC in Anthropology, Utkal University
- Member, Board of Studies in Anth, MPC (Auto.) College, Baripada
- Member, Board of Studies in Anth., Sailabala(Auto.) College, Cuttack
- Appointed as an Subject Expert , Odisha Public Service Commission, 2014
- Appointed as an Subject Expert, Odisha Staff Selection Commission, 2020
- Member, Board of Studies in Anthropology, BJB (Auto.) College, Bhubaneswar, 2020.
- Member, BOS, Development Studies, Utkal University, 2021.
- Member, Council of the Indian Anthropological Society, Sept. 2021