Name: Dr. Ashis Chandra Pathy
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: M.Phil, Ph.D, B.Ed. CDMHA
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Utkal Universit||March. 2016 –present||Assistant Professor|
|Utkal University||March, 2010 – August, 2014||Ph.D.
Thesis Title: Land use analysis and Suitability Assessment for development of Green Belt in Bhubaneswar Capital Region.
Areas: Urban Planning
Advisor: Prof. G.K Panda
|Utkal University||August, 2009 – August, 2010||M.Phil.
Thesis Title: Land use and Land cover Change of Bhubaneswar City.
Areas: Land use Planning
Advisor: Prof. G.K Panda
|Utkal University||July, 2004 – July, 2006||M.Sc. / M.A.
Thesis Title: Development of District level GIS database of Gajapati District, Odisha
Areas: GIS & Remote Sensing
Advisor: Prof. G.K Panda
|Utkal University||July, 2001 – June, 2004||Bachelor of Science/Commerce/ Arts
Designation: Research Laboratory Head
|May–August 1997, June 2012 – present|
- Remote Sensing, Geographical Information System (GIS), Geomorphology, Climatology, Oceanography, Cartography, Geography of India, Geographic Thought
- Research Methodology, Applied Geography, Term Paper & Literature Review, Research Proposal Development
- Remote Sensing and GIS for Water Resources Assessment In 4th International Geography Congress of (National Association of Geographers, India (NAGI) organized by P.G Dept. of Geography, Utkal University. Jan 16-18, 2013
- National Information system for Climate and Environmental studies in the National Workshoporganized by NRSC, Hyderabad & CSIR-IMMT, Bhubaneswar. 6th – April, 2018
- Resource Person and Extrnal Examiner at College Paralakhemudi ,Gajapati in 8-9March 2021.
- Lecture on Remote Sensing & GIS in Mapping and Spatial Data Analysis.Resource Person and Question Paper Setter of 5 papers at Govt.Autonomos college Anugul in 22 February 2021
- Urban Growth & Water bodies: A development Conflict in the National Conference organized by Dept of Civil Engineering, ITER, SoA, Bhubaneswar. Feb 14, 2015.
- Application of GIS in Hydrological Modelling at Dept. of Civil Engineering, SoA University, Bhubaneswar.2018
- ‘Remote sensing and GIS Applications’ to the in-service teachers of PGT Geography of Kendriya Vidyalaya by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, Bhubaneswar, 22nd – 23rd May, 2017.
- Cartographic Techniques and Remote Sensing & GIS.to the in-service teachers of PGT Geography of Kendriya Vidyalaya by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, Bhubaneswar.2nd January, 2018
- “Elementary Cartography & Mapping in Arc GIS’ to the Officers of the Planning and coordination dept, Govt of Odisha at Regional Institute of Planning, Applied Economics and Statistics, Odisha, Bhubaneswar. 27th July, 2016.
- Application of RS and GIS in Mapping and Spatial Modelling at Dept of Geography P.N College, Khordha. Feb 28, 2015.
Topic /Title of thesis; Land use analysis and Suitability assessment for development of Green belts in Bhubaneswar Capital Region.
University: Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
- Ashis Chandra Pathy, “Land use analysis and Suitability assessment for development of Green belts in Bhubaneswar Capital Region.”. Name of the Advisor (Prof. G.K Panda), 2014.
Book Articles (Authored/Edited)
- Pathy A.C (2018). GIS based agricultural planning of Gajapati District, Odisha Harmony with nature: Illusions and elusions from Geographers perspective, ISBN :978-81-933142-1-0
- Pathy, Ashis Chandra; et al. (2013) :Flood Information System of Kendrapara District : Book Chapter -Natural Hazards and Disaster Management : ISBN 978-93-5174-614-0
- Mahanta J., Pathy A.C (2020) ‘Determination of Vegetation health using NDVI Method in Kendujhar District, OdishaBook Chapter – Vistas in Geological Research. ISBN-81-900907-0-4
- Pathy, A.C, Patra T.R (2018) Quantitative analysis of Drainage parameters and evaluation of terrain of Deo &Khairabandhan Watershed. Book Chapter – Vistas in Geological Research. ISBN-81-900907-0-4
- Pathy, A.C, Panda G.K. (2013): Analysis of Urban Morphology for Real time visualization of urban scenes – A case study of Bhubaneswar City: Book Chapter -Resources and Development. ISBN 81-8064-252-6
- Patra T. R &Pathy A.C ( 2021) Implications of Geomorphometric Analysis In The Drought Prone Khairabandhan River Basin Using Remote Sensing And GIS Journal solid state technology,ISSN-0038111XScopus Indexed – I.F -2.142. 2021
- Pathy A.C (2019). Vulnerability & Risk Assessment of Flood & Cyclone Preparedness Planning of Ganjam District, Odisha. Review of Research ISSN-2249-894X.
- Patra T. R &Pathy A.C (2019) Implication of morphometry in the drought-prone Khairabandhan drainage basin.Hill Geographer. Vol.XXXV No.1, P-49-61, 2019ISSN-0970-5023
- Pathy A.C (2018): Mitigation of Lightning Hazards through Public Awareness.Odisha Review – ISSN-0970-8669 .(UGC approved Journal No.49084)
- Pathy A.C, Patra T.R (2018): Heat Wave: An Alarming concern for contemporary World – A Case of Odisha. Odisha Review – ISSN-0970-8669 .(UGC approved Journal No.49084)
- Pathy A.C (2016): Sustainable Green Building Design. Journal of Eastern Geographer, ISSN 0973-7642.
- Pathy A.C (2015):Conceptual model for development of green belt in proposed smart city in Bhubaneswar. Indian Cartographer. ISSN 0972-9392
- Pathy A.C. (2014): Spatial Variation in Water Quality in Brahmani and Baitarani River Basins of Odisha. Journal of Eastern Geographer, Vol-XX, Issue-1,p-395-404,ISSN 0973-7642.
- Pathy A.C & G.K Panda. (2013): Monitoring morphological changes in Bhubaneswar City, Odisha, India using Remote sensing and Journal of Eastern Geographer, 1, January, p.159. ISSN 0973-7642
- Pathy A.C; et al. (2013): Integrated people participation and micro level planning of Beldal village, using GIS technique, Journal of Earth and social sciences,The Blue Earth, Vol 1.Issue 1, July, p.25. ISSN 2321-2578.
- Pathy A.C; & G.K Panda. (2012): Modeling Urban Growth in Indian Situation-A case study of Bhubaneswar City, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, Vol 3.Issue6, June, ISSN 2229-5518
- Faculty Development Programme(5 days) on Smart CitiesOrganized by AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy at Indian Institute of Information Technology Dharwad.12th-16th October 2020.
- Faculty Development Programme:Teachers training on Disaster Management(5 days) Organized by National Institute of Disaster Management, Ministry of Home Affairs,Govt.of India, New Delhi in collaboration with Pondicherry University. 21st-25th September 2020.
- Faculty Development Programme(7 days) on challenges of Sustainable Development –A Global PerspectiveOrganized by Department of Economics,Sree Devi Kumari Women’s College.Kuzhithurai(PO),Kanyakumari,Tamil Nadu.14th-20th September 2020.
- Faculty Development Programme (1day)for the ICSI conference on EMPOWERING EDUCATORS Organized by Institute of Company Secretaries in India(ICSI)Bhubaneswar.12th September 2020.
- Faculty Development Programme (5 days) at Utkal University on LEADERSHIP & EXCELLENCE organized by AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy New Delhi.7th-11th September 2020.
- Faculty Development Programme (5 days) for the Academic Faculty member of Utkal University at National Institute of Educational planning and Administration. New Delhi. 2nd March – 6th March 2020.
- Training cum workshop (5 days) on Coordinated Preparation of high Resolution National foundation spatial data(NFSD) for gram panchayat and ward level mapping organized by Odisha Space Applications Centre , Bhubaneswar.December 18-22, 2018
- UGC sponsored short term Programme (one week) on Stress Management organised by UGC –HRDC Utkal University,Vani Vihar , Bhubaneswar.20 July- 25 July, 2018.
- Refresher Course (21 days) in Environment, Forestry and Disaster Management organised by UGC –HRDC Utkal University,Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar.15 January- 4 April, 2018
- ISRO sponsored NNRMS course (8 weeks) in Application of Remote Sensing & GIS in Geo-Sciences at Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun.1st May to 22nd June 2018.
- Capacity Building Program (2 weeks) on Research Proposal Development for Faculties of University/Colleges Jointly organized by ICSSR, New Delhi & Utkal University. 1st may to 11th may 2017.
- Orientation Course (4 weeks) at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.29 August -23 September, 2016.
- Training (7 days) on Geo-Spatial Technologies for Planning and Management of Watershed Projects at National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD), Hyderabad.5-10 October, 2015.
- Training on Research Methodology for Ph.D. Students (10 days). Jointly organised by NCDS, Bhubaneswar & ICSSR, New Delhi. 2013
- International Training Programme (1 month) on Hydrologic Modelling using Remote Sensing and GIS jointly organized by ADB &Water Resources, Govt. of Odisha.5 September -6 October, 2011
- Training on Arc GIS 9,Arc GIS 10.1 (Duration 4 days) organised by ESRI, India at ORSAC, Bhubaneswar.2011
- Global to Local Sustainability and Future Earth at IGU International conference Organized by Department of Geography, MLSU, Udaipur, Rajasthan.18th-20thDecember 2020.
- National Education Policy 2020:Opportunities Unlocked of theme Inspiring Teachers Strengthening Generations in the 4th National Teachers’ Congress,Pune India.15th-18th December 2020
- Writing Research Proposal and Research Funding for Women andYoung researchers in Webinar Series on Research and Publication Ethicsorganized by Progress with Prof.Mahamani, YouTube channel.29th November 2020.
- Co-chaired a session on the theme Urban Environmental Issues and Challenges at XVth DGSI International Geography online conference on the theme Climate change, Disasters and Sustainable Livelihood Organized by Department of Geography, University of Allahabad, Prayagraj.26th-28th November, 2020.
- Urban Flood Hazard Analysis of Bhubaneswar City atXVth DGSI International Geography online conference on the theme Climate change, Disasters and Sustainable Livelihood Organized by Department of Geography, University of Allahabad, Prayagraj.26th-28th November, 2020.
- Journal Indexing Database and Impact Factor in Webinar Series on Research and Publication Ethicsorganized by Progress with Prof.Mahamani, YouTube channel.22nd November 2020.
- Progress and Dimensions in Geographical Research in International WebinarOrganized byThe Department of Geography ,Aliah University, Kolkata, India.3rd November 2020.
- Flood Resilience: Opportunities and Challenges ofthe event ‘DRR week 2020’.13th October 2020.
- The Sundarbans:A natural Resilliency of the countryofthe event ‘DRR week 2020’.12th October 2020.
- Mainstreaming DRR and the Role of Youthof the event ‘DRR week 2020’.7th October 2020.
- The power of GIS and 3D Modelling at International Webinar Organised by GEO-PASSIONATES A Research Initiative.4th October 2020.
- Eastern philosophy& The West in International webinar Organised by Internal Quality Assurance Cell(IQAC) Margherita college,Tinsukia,Assam,India.29th September 2020.
- Climate Change: It’s Time for Action in International Webinar Organised by Department of Geography, Government P.G. College, Karnaprayag, Chamoli, Uttarakhand, India under the aegis of IQAC.16th September 2020.
- Impacts of COVID-19 on Tourism Sector: Opportunities & Challenges in National seminar Organized by Department of Geography,JaiNarain Vyas University,Jodhpur Rajasthan.8th September 2020.
- Contemporary Discourse on Geography AnInternational Webinar Series Organized by SCHOOL OF GEOGRAPHYGangadhar Meher University, Amruta Vihar, Sambalpur .28th Aug-14th Oct, 2020.
- Conservation and management of wetland in Bhubaneswar city in International conference of IGU in Agriculture, Food, Water, Biodiversity and health in changing climate March at Dept. of Geography, Burdwan University, West Bengal March. 6-8, 2020.
- Monitoring Wetland changes and urban wetland ecosystem services of Bhubaneswar city in OHEPEE Sponsored International conference held at Dept. of Economics, Berhampur University, Odisha 22-23 February 2020.
- Determination of Vegetation health using NDVI Method in Kendujhar District Odisha in National seminar on Advances in Earth and Environmental Sciences at Dept. of Geology, Utkal University, Bhubanesswar16th February 2020.
- Surface water resource assessment of Baitarani river basin of Odisha using GIS and WEAP model in National Seminar on Desert ecosystem and Resource management: Opportunities and challenges at Dept. of Geography, Jai Narayan Vyas University, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 2-3 March 2019.
- Implications of morphometric analysis in the drought prone Khairbandhan drainage basin in International seminar on Society and sustainability: an interdisciplinary approach at Vivekananda college, Kolkata, West Bengal.12-13 January 2019.
- Heat Wave: An alarming concern for Contemporary world- A case of Odisha in Workshop on Regional Environment & Climate in Odisha “Lightning, Thunderstorm and Heat Wave’organized by Indian Meteorological Society & CEC, ITER, Bhubaneswar,23-24 March 2018.
- Water Security: Joining hands with Nature (Both Poster & Paper) in National Conference on World Water Day 2018 Campaign Nature of Waterorganized by United Nation & Department of Water Resources, Govt, of Odisha, Bhubaneswar, 22 March 2018.
- Quantitative analysis of Drainage parameters and evaluation of terrain of Deo &Khairabandhan Watershed in the National Seminar on Frontiers in Earth Science Researches organized by Department of Geology & Alumni Association, Bhubaneswar. 11 February 2018.
- Terrain evaluation through the assessment of morphometric parameters of Baitarani Basin area with special emphasis to Deo and Khair-bandhan watershed in National Conference of Institute of Indian Geographers (IIG) organized by Department of Applied Geography, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack. 26-28 December 2017.
- Land use change analysis and Socio-ecological issues in Bhubaneswar city in National conference on Environment and Development organized by Eastern Geographical Society, P.G Dept. of Geography, Utkal University. 27 April. 2016
- Conceptual Model for development of Urban Green Space in Bhubaneswar City, Odisha, India in XXXV International Congress of INCA Organized by JNU, New Delhi. 15-17 December 2015
- Smart Environmental Planning in Bhubaneswar City in Odisha Environment Congress.Organized by Regional Museum of Natural History, Bhubaneswar. Jan 22-24, 2015
- Global Warming and Sea Level Rise in Eastern Coast of Odisha in National Seminaron Global Warming and Sea Level Rise and Livelihood adaptation organized byITER, Bhubaneswar.December 27, 2015
- Coastal zone mapping of Odisha for Resource management using Geo-spatial Technology in National Seminar on Probable danger of Tsunami of coastal Odisha, developing of tsunamiwarning system and precautionary measures to be taken to save lives organised by Dept. of Geography, Dept of Geology, Utkal University.Jan 21-22, 2015.
- Basin development Plan for Baitarani and Brahmani river basins of Odisha in International Seminar on Geosciences for Environmental Development and Environmental Challenges Organized by P.G. Department of Geology, Utkal University. Jan 17-19, 2014.
- Water Resources and its utilization for irrigation and case study of check dams and its impact: A case study of Balangir District, Odishain : UGC-SAP-DRS-1 National Seminar on Water Resource Management organised byDepartment of Geography. Venkateswara University, Tirupati. Jan 22-23, 2014
- Urban Green Space and Environmental Sustainable development in National seminar of Eastern Geographical Society organized byEGS, P.G Department of Geography. Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.Feb 26, 2014.
- Surface Water Availability and Demand of Water in Baitarani River Basin in 4th International Geography Congress of NAGI on Coastal zone Management: Issues and Challenges organized by P.G Dept. of Geography, Utkal University. Jan 16-18, 2013
- Assessment of Urban Green Space based on Land suitability: A case study of Bhubaneswar City in ISG-ISRS Annual Conventions and National Symposium on Remote Sensing and GIS for Environment with special emphasis on marine and Coastal dynamics,organized by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.Dec 4-6, 2013
- Urban Sprawl, Land use change and its impact on Environment in Bhubaneswar City. in National Seminar of National Association of Geographer, India (NAGI) on Hazards, Vulnerability and Sustainable Development., organized by Department of Geography. Patna University. Bihar & NAGI.Nov 2-4, 2012
- Urban dynamics in Indian cities : A case study of Bhubaneswar City in National Seminar of Indian Social Science Congress, organized by India Academy of Social Sciences & KIIT University, Bhubaneswar. Dec 27-31, 2012.
- Changing morphology and declining urban Green zone in Bhubaneswar City in National Seminar of National Association of Geographer, India (Nagi) on Hazards, Vulnerability and Sustainable Development., organized by Department of Geography. Patna University. Bihar & NAGI.Nov 2-4, 2012
- Integrated People Participation and Micro Level Planning of BeldalVillage, using GIS Technique in UGC Sponsored International Seminar on Rural Development: Issues and Concern, organized by Department of Geography. BJB (Autonomous) Collage, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. 10Th March 2011
- Urban Morphology of Bhubaneswar City using Remote Sensing in National Seminar 33rd Indian Geography Congress of NAGI Organized byDepartment of Geography. University of Burdwan & NAGI. Nov 11-13, 2011.
- GIS based Vulnerability and risk assessment of Flood and Cyclone preparedness planning of Ganjam District in National seminar on Human Vulnerability to cyclone hazards in the coastal regions, organized byDepartment of Geography. Utkal University.March 25-26, 2008.
- GIS based Agriculture Planning of Gajapati District, Odisha in the national seminar on Natural Resource management & Rural India, organised by Department of Geography. Govt Women’s College, Sambalpur. Odisha.March 28-29, 2008.
- Electoral Information System for Ganjam District in U.G.C. Sponsored National Seminar on Good Governance: A Panacea for Third world development., organised byDept. of Political Sc, Brahmani College, Kendrapara, Odisha.March 30-31, 2008.
- Effects of Climate change on Bio-diversity in Odisha in the national seminar on Natural Resource management & Rural India, organized by Department of Geography. Govt Women’s College, Sambalpur. Odisha.March 28-29, 2008.
- GIS based flood information system – A case study onKendrapara District in NationalSymposium on natural Hazards and Disaster Management, organised byP.G Dept. of Applied Geography, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack.March 18, 2007.
- Population Growth and Sustainable Development: A Case study on Cuttack City in U.G.C. Sponsored National Seminar on Natural Resources Management and Sustainable Development, organised byP.G Dept. of Applied Geography, Ravenshaw College, Cuttack.Feb 26-27, 2005
- Navigating change with Anticipatory Governance ofthe event ‘DRR week 2020’.10th October 2020.
- Community Engagement for DRR &Resillience of the event ‘DRR week 2020’.9th October 2020.
- National workshop on Building Climate Resilience and Mainstreaming DRR in the state of Odisha organized Climate action network south Asia and P.G Dept of Geography.April., 23-24, 2016
- UGC sponsored skill-based workshop on Disaster managementGeoinformatics organized by Dept. of Geography, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.2016
- UGC Sponsored Skill based Workshop on Geoinformatics organized by Dept. of Geography, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar. November 20-21, 2015
- Workshop on Integrated Water Resources Management planning organized by Indo Australia Joint Working Group&Department of Water Resources, Government of Odisha.Oct 5-6, 2012
Journal Reviewing: List of Journals.
Reviewer: ACL (2010-2018), COLING (2010, 2014), EACL (2014), EMNLP (2009, 2011-2016, 2018), ICML (2015), IJCNLP (2011), LREC (2010, 2012, 2014), NAACL (2012-2018), NIPS (2011-2013, 2018), WSDM (2015).
- Title of The Project(PI/ Co-PI): Basic Description of the Project, Funding Agency, Amount received.
- Title of The Project (PI/ Co-PI): Basic Description of the Project, Funding Agency, Amount received.
- Title of The Project (PI/ Co-PI): Basic Description of the Project, Funding Agency, Amount received.
- Title of The Project (PI/ Co-PI): Basic Description of the Project, Funding Agency, Amount received
|Sl no||Name of the Scholar||Topic of Research||Masters course and Institution||Name of the Co-guide if any||Fellowship received if any during research|
|1||Amit Kumar Sahoo||Development of Land use regression models for exposure assessment of traffic related pollutants in Bhubaneswar, Odisha||M.Sc in Environmental Science, Utkal University||UGC-JRF|
|2||Tapas Ranjan Patra||Climate change and Soil erosion risk assessment in the Upper Baitarani River basin, Odisha, India6||M.A in Geography, Utkal University||UGC-JRF|
|3||K. Roja Dora||Evaluating land suitability for agricultural crops and assessing potential climate change impact in Kandhamal district of Odisha, India||M.Sc in Geoinformatics Osmania University, Hyderabad||UGC-JRF|
|4||JyotirmayeeMohanta||Regional Water resources assessment and developing sustainable management plan for South Singhbhum Craton of Odisha. India||M.A in Geography, Utkal University||UGC-NET|