Quaternary Landforms and Processes
University Of Delhi
2012 – 2019
Department: Department of Geology
Thesis Title: Morphotectonic Evolution of the Chitwan Intermontane Valley and its Bordering Mountain Fronts, Central Himalaya, Nepal
Areas: Tectonic Geomorphology, Active Tectonics, Quaternary Landforms and Processes
Advisor: Dr. Vimal Singh
|Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||2010 – 2012||M.Sc. / M.A./ M.Phil./ Any other Master Degree
Department: Department of Geology and Geophysics
|Ravenshaw University||2007 – 2010||Bachelor of Science/Commerce/ Arts|
|Department: Department of Geology
CSIR-UGC NET (Qualified)
Subject: Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
|Mar. 2022 – present
RESEARCH/ INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE
University Of Delhi (PhD) 2012-2014
Designation: Junior Research Fellow (CSIR)
University of Delhi (PhD) 2014-2017
Designation: Senior Research Fellow (CSIR)
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (Post-Doctoral Research) 2019-2020
Designation: Research Associate
University of Delhi (Post-Doctoral Research) 2021-2022
Designation: Research Associate (CSIR)
Ram Lal Anand College, Delhi
- Divyadarshini A., Tandon S.K. (2022). Transverse tectonic features of the Himalaya and sub-surface structures of the foreland basin: implications for orogenic segmentation and seismicity distribution of the frontal Himalaya. Himalayan Geology, Special Volume in Honor of Prof. K.S. Valdiya, 43(1B),180-200.
- Tandon S.K., Divyadarshini A. (2021). Khadg Singh Valdiya – Six decades of Himalayan Geology and Environment (Life and Work). Resonance, 26(3), 317-339.
- Divyadarshini A., Singh V., Jaiswal M.K., Rawat M. (2020). Exploring the roles of climate and tectonics in the geomorphic evolution of the Chitwan Intermontane valley, Central Himalaya. Geomorphology. 367, 107298.
- Divyadarshini A., Singh V. (2019). Investigating Topographic Metrics to Decipher Structural Model and Morphotectonic Evolution of the Frontal Siwalik Ranges, Central Himalaya, Nepal. Geomorphology, 337, 31-52.
- Sharma M., Divyadarshini A., Singh V. (2019). Morphotectonic Evolution of the Siwalik Hills between the Yamuna and the Markanda River Exits, NW Himalaya. Journal of the Geological Society of India, 94, 453-463
- Divyadarshini A., Singh V. (2017). Identifying active structures in the Chitwan Dun, Central Nepal, using longitudinal river profiles and SL index analysis. Quaternary International, 462, 176-193.
- Divyadarshini A., Singh V. (2016). Seismic Threat to the Chitwan and Hetauda Duns, Central Nepal. Current Science, 111 (8), 1309-1310.
Title: Late Quaternary Sedimentation and Tectonic History of the Chitwan Intermontane Valley, Central Himalaya. Ananya Divyadarshini, Vimal Singh, Manoj K. Jaiswal, and Mahadev Rawat.
–Indian Quaternary Congress, 2022, India
Title: Exploring structural model of the Main Frontal Thrust along the Central Himalaya, through geomorphic analyses”. Ananya Divyadarshini and Vimal Singh.
–European Geosciences Union General Assembly, 2018, Vienna, Austria
Title: Estimating relative rates of uplift and erosion on the Main Frontal Thrust, Central Himalaya, using the integral method of channel profile analysis. Ananya Divyadarshini and Vimal Singh.
–9th International Conference of Geomorphology, 2017, Vigyan Bhawan, Delhi.
Title: Impact of the Last Glacial Maxima on the sedimentation pattern in the Himalayan Intermontane valleys: A case study from the Chitwan dun, Central Himalaya. Ananya Divyadarshini, Vimal Singh and Manoj K. Jaiswal.
– EX AQUA 2017, Paleohydrological Extreme Events: Evidences and Archives, 2017, Delhi.
Title: Identifying out-of-sequence thrusts in the Chitwan intermontane valley, Central Nepal, using longitudinal river profiles and SL index analysis. Ananya Divyadarshini and Vimal Singh
–30th Himalaya-Karakoram-Tibet (HKT) Workshop, 2015, Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Dehradun. Presentation Mode: Poster.
• Gold Medal for 1st position in Geology (Hons.), B.Sc., Ravenshaw University, 2010.
WORKSHOPS AND TRAINING
- Training on Optically Stimulated Luminescence Dating, 2019, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata.
- One-Week Course on Cross-section Balancing in Structural Geology, 2019, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar.
- One-Week Special Course on Microwave Remote Sensing Applications in Geology with Emphasis on Surface Deformation Studies, 2019, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, IIRS (ISRO), Dehradun.
- Workshop on “Mohr Circle Simplified” and “Modern Methods of Fabric Analysis in Deformed Rocks”, Annual General Meeting of the Geological Society of India, 2016, Department of Geology and Geophysics, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
- Two-Week DST (Department of Science and Technology, India) Summer School (24 March – 08 April, 2015) on Mathematical Morphology in Geosciences, Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore.