Name: Dr. Ajit Kumar Sahoo
Designation: Lecturer/Assistant Professor
Qualification: MA, M. Phil
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Utkal University||2nd April 2015 –present||Assistant Professor|
|University of Hyderabad||July, 2008 – June, 2019||Ph.D.
Thesis Title: From Resistance to Incorporation: The Paiks of Orissa during the Colonial Period, 1803 AD-1947 AD
Areas: Modern Indian History
Advisor: Dr. Vakulabharanam Rajagopal
|University of Hyderabad||July, 2004 – June, 2006||M.A. Degree
|Ravenshaw (Auto) College,Utkal University||July, 2001 – June, 2004||Bachelor of Arts
Department of History, Utkal University since 2nd April 2015.
Course Name– M.A. History
- Twentieth Century World (HIST-C-04)
- History of Science and Technology in India(HIST-C/AE/FE-10)
- Economic History of Modern India (HIST-CE-15)
- India since Independence (HIST
- “Dayananda Saraswati and his Philosophy” at Raja Madhusudan Degree College of Science & Education, Patia, Bhubaneswar, 18th February, 2020.
- “ Prof. Henry David Thoreau and Gandhiji’s Satyagraha”, All India Radio, Cuttack, (Date and Time of Broadcast:25.05.2018 at 8:30 AM)
- “W.W. Hunter and Orissa” in the International Conference on Reconstruction of Indian History: society & religion, Berhampur University, Berhampur, 14th– 15th February, 2020.
- “Salvation Army in India”, Odisha History Congress-40 Session, Kshetra Mohan Science College, Ganjam, 27th -28th January 2019.
- “Orissan Economy during Colonial Period: An Overview” in the International Seminar on International Excellence for Economic Growth organised by NITI Aayog & PG Department of Commerce, Utkal University on 28th – 29th January, 2018.
- “Migration in Colonial Orissa: An Overview”, National Seminar on Socio Cultural Aspects of Labour Migration in Odisha: A Historical Perspective, Department of History, Berhampur University, 25th & 26th March 2017.
- “Invoking the Past: The Paiks and Identity formation in colonial and post-colonial Odisha” International Conference on Indian Cultural Heritage: Past, Present and Future, DDCE, Utkal University, 18-20 March 2017.
- “Philosophy of Bhim Bhoi”, Orissa History Congress- 37 Session, Dept. of History. Utkal University, 30th – 31st January, 2017.
Book Articles (Authored/Edited)
- “Quest for Identity: History, Literature and Regional Consciousness in Colonial Orissa”, in Ramesh Chandra Sahu (ed.), India at a Glance, Bhanjanagar: Loharkhandi Sahitya Sansad, 2015, ISBN No: 978-93-84415-32-7.
- “Utkal Sammilani and Politics of Vernacular Nationalism in Colonial Odisha, 1903-1936”, Utkal Historical Research Journal, ISSN No. 0976-2132, 2015.
Refereed Conference Publications
- ‘Writing ‘own’ History: Early History Writings and Identity Formation in Colonial Orissa’, Proceedings of South Indian History Congress– 32 Session, 2012, Chennai.
- Attendee of Refresher Course in “Contextualizing Social Sciences in the Current Knowledge Ecosystem”, From 8th to 28th June 2018 at HRDC, Utkal University.
- Attendee of Faculty Development Programme (FDP) in “Leadership and Excellence”, From 7th to 11th September 2020 at Utkal University.