ODISHA HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME FOR EQUITY EXCELLENCE & EQUITY (OHEPEE)
OF UTKAL UNIVERSITY, BHUBANESWAR (2017 -22)
Year of Implementation: 2018
Overview / Mission & Vision
Utkal University has signed a MoU with the Higher Education Department (HED), Government of Odisha on 31st July, 2018 to implement the World Bank supported Odisha Higher Education Programme for Excellence and Equity (OHEPEE) to improve quality of students’ education and equitable access to Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and improve governance of the higher education system in Odisha.
The primary role of Utkal University is to:
- Strengthening linkages and assisting affiliated colleges in improving the competency of students through improved quality of teaching and learning; curriculum reforms; examination system; and research activities.
- Improving the quality of teaching and learning, examination system, and research activities.
- Creating linkages with national and international Universities, research labs and industry.
- Supporting affiliated colleges to increase their on-time graduation rate of students in the undergraduate degree disaggregated by women, ST, SC, and total students.
- Improving procurement and financial management.
- Satisfactorily achieving the annual milestone set by the HED.
The programme comprises of four major heads with different activities under each head.
- Principal meeting
- Strengthening CDC Office
- Academic training for affiliated colleges
- Assistance for NAAC accreditation
- Student tracking
- Development of communicative English
- Strengthening examination system
- Exposure visit to University
- Monitoring programme for affiliated colleges by research scholars
- Skill development of students
- Entrepreneurial promotion
- Other activities for strengthening affiliated colleges
- Human capital Development
- Integrated Omics & Computational biology
- Tribal and marginalized communities
- To construct need based new civil work in the University Campus.
- Modernization and strengthening of laboratory
- Updation of learning resources
- Procurement of furniture
- Faculty, staff and students development
- Research support at University level on predefined guidelines
- Internationalization of University / Higher Education
- Student tracking
- University brand building
- File/office automation
- Setting up and Management of Project Monitoring Cell
- Environment, Health and safety related activities/ Items
- Academic seminars / workshops
- Quality and equity enhancement measures