- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (2014-2020) – Ph.D, Center- ZHCES, Ph.D Thesis- Education and Urban Transitions: A study of Diverse Spatial Contexts of Bhubaneswar city. Areas- Urban studies, Sociology of Education. Advisor- Prof. S.Srinivasa Rao
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (2012-2014) – M.Phil, Center- ZHCES, Mphil dissertation- Topic- Risk, Vulnerability and Education: A study of a fishing community in coastal Odisha.Advisor- Prof. S.Srinivasa Rao
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi (2010-2012), M.A– Department of Sociology
- Utkal University, Odisha (2003-2006)- Bachelor of Arts, Department – Sociology, Hons- Sociology
- UGC June, 2012, 15th June, 2015 UGC-NET (Qualified) Subject: Sociology
- Utkal University – August 2019- Till date – Guest Faculty
- IGNOU- December 2020-present- Academic Counselor
- Rao,Srinivasa S, Ganguly,Sriti, Singh, Juhi, Dash Roma R (2017). School Closures and Mergers: A Multi-State Study of Policy and Its Impact on Public Education System – Telengana, Odisha and Rajasthan, New Delhi: Save the Children. (Research Report)
- Rao, Srinivasa S, Ganguly,Sriti, Dash, Roma R (2017). Widening Marginality in Access to Primary education in Tribal Areas: Impact of school Closures and the Policy of Rationalisation, International Journal of Indigenous & Marginalised Affairs, Volume 3, number 1, pp. 5 – 24.
- Dash, Roma R, Vashum, R (2020). Culture and Society, Block 3- Basic concepts, New Delhi: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Dash, Roma R (2021). Coastal Odisha and its fishing community: problems, diversity and differentiation, Desh Vikas, Volume 7, number 4, pp. 11-18.
- Dash, Roma R (2021). Dam displaced and the project affected: field notes from Nabarangpur district in Odisha, Social Vision, Volume 7, number 4, pp. 21-29.
- Participated in One day seminar on Media and the Marginals: Representation and Construction of meaning held on 21st March 2011 organised by Department of Sociology in collaboration with Center for Culture Media and Governance, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
- Paper titled “Risk, Vulnerability and Education: Reflections from a Fishing Community in Coastal Odisha in a three-day International Seminar on Education, Politics and Social Change held on 16th – 18th November, 2014 at University of Delhi, Delhi.
- Presented a paper titled “Risk, vulnerability and Education: Reflections from a fishing community in coastal Odisha at the Graduate seminar on “Knowledge, Education and Society: Interdisciplinary perspectives from 15-16 September 2015 at JNU, New Delhi.
- Presented a paper titled “Sacredness, ritual routines and technological disruptions: life world of fishing communities of Odisha coast” at the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences Academic Conference titled “Grappling with the sacred” from 21st and 24th January, 2016 at IIT, Madras.
- Presented a paper titled “City and Educational Growth: A socio-historic account of Bhubaneswar in the 7th International Conference of CESI titled Comparative Education Destinies: Visions, Dilemmas and Challenges organised from 19th- 21st November, 2016 at S.V University, Tirupati.
- Presented a paper titled “Role of education in the urban transition of Bhubaneswar” in the 8th International conference of the CESI from 16th -18th November, 2017 at University of Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir.
- Presented a paper titled “Coastal Odisha and its fishing community: Diversity and Differentiation in the International Conference on Interrogating the trends of Rural Development and Social Transformation in South Asia organised from 2nd – 4th October, 2019 at Department of Sociology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.
Lifetime member of CESI (Comparative Education Society of India).