Department: Sociology and Anthropology
Thesis Title: Tribal Knowledge studies on the Kharia and Kisan Tribes in OrissaProgrammes: Sociology
Areas: Social Anthropology
Advisor: Prof. Rita Ray
Department: Sociology and Anthropology
|Sambalpur University||1980||Bachelor of Arts
Department: Anthropology and SociologyHons: Anthropology
|Utkal University||November 2014 to May 2021||Professor|
|Utkal University||November 2007 to November 2014||Associate Professor|
|Utkal University||November 2002 to November 2007||Reader|
|Utkal University||October 1992 to November 2002||Lecturer|
|Government of Odisha||November 1983 to October 1992||Lecturer|
Ph.D Students Guided:
- Gitanjali Panda, year of award – 2017, “Socio Economic Status of scheduled Caste Women in Rural Areas : A sociological study of Tihuri Village”.
- Anangadev Singh, Year of award – 2017, “Empowerment of Dalit Women Through Local Self Governance: A study of Kandhamal District”.
- Bilash Chandra Mantri, Year of award – 2017, “Problems of SC & ST Educated Youth in Higher Education: A case study of Kandhamal District, Orissa”.
- Yakim Dumdum, Year of award – 2018, “Impact of land alienation on tribal economy: An exploratory study of Sundargarh District of Orissa”.
- Ambika Shankar Mishra, “Portrayal of Dalits in Oriya Print Media: A content Analysis of Three prominent Oriya Newspaper , The Samaj, The Dharitri and The Sambad” from 2000 to 2006, 2012, Awarded.
- Simachalan Ranjit, “Change Livelihood patterns of Scheduled Caste: A study of scheduled caste migrates in the slums of Bhubaneswar of Orissa”, 2013,
- Dayasindhu Parida, “Community based project Management, “with reference to improve girls education in Serva-sikhya Abhiyan NPEGEL of Sambalpur District”, 2011,
- Banamali Mantri, “Tribal Development through Institutional Arrangement: A case study of Daringbadi Block, Odisha”, 2015,
- Abash Parida, “Role of Rural connectivity in accelerating development and its services for quality of life : A case study of Puri District”, 2015,
- Ipsita Mohanty, “Time Use, Time Management and Domestic management of working women in IT Sector: A case study in Bhubaneswar City”, 2016,
- Smita Mohanty, Awarded in 2017, “The role of education on the life skills of the Tribal students with special reference to Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (Bhubaneswar)”.
- Shradhanjali Nayak, Awarded in 2017, “A study on corporate communication practices in University at Odisha with special reference to KITT University, Bhubaneswar”.
- Pratap Kumar Sethi (RGNF), “The impact of right to education of ST: A sociological study in the district of Keonjhar, Odisha”, 2016,
- Joan Rita O’Brien, “Warp and weft: a comparative study on the lives of handloom wavers in Jajpur district, Odisha and Baghalkoat District, Karnataka”.
- Kumudini Mishra, “Gender dimension of Agro-based rural livelihoods – a sociological study in Kalahandi District”.
Project Undertaken & Consultancy:
- Project Investigator to “Livelihood, Hunger and Malnutrition: An empirical analysis of Tribal women of Odisha”, ICSSR, New Delhi, year: 2015-2017, Fund mobilized: 14,000,00/-.
- Project Consultant to STARR, STARR from 7.2012 to 11.01.2017.
- Project Consultant to Family Strengthening Programmes of SoS children‟s village, SoS Children Village, India, 1.2015 to 13.07.2017.
- Project Consultant to BMC (OSDMA), UNDP, Forest & Environment (NEAC Programme), SUPPORT, 4.2014 to 13.07.2017.
- Entrepreneurship Consultant, EDII, 1.2015 to 13.1.2017.
- Honorary Consultant, Lok Bikash, 7.2014 to 1.7.2017.
- Empowerment of Rural through Participatory process EED, Germany, 2003-2010.
- Access to justice in Kandhamal District, British High Commission, New Delhi, 2009-10.
- Plight of children in post communal violence situation in Kandhamal district, NEG-FIRE, New Delhi, year: 2009-2010.
- Awareness Campaign on sustainable agriculture through community radio, Ministry of Agriculture, of India, 2012.
- Science for women health and nutrition, DST, of India, 2013.
Distinctions and Awards:
- Bharat Shiksha Ratan Award, Global Society for health and Educational Growth, 2012.
- Rashtra Ratan Award, All India Business Development Association, 2012.
Membership in Professional Bodies:
- Governing Body Member of Caritas India.
- Life Member, Indian Sociological Society.
- Life Member, Odisha Sociological Society.
- Life Member of national level YMCA (Young men Christian Association).
- Life Member of national level YWCA (Young Women Christian Association).
- ST/SC, Minority (women) member to different selection committee of OPSC.
- ST/SC, Minority (women) member to different selection committee of Ramadevi University, Bhubaneswar and Ravenshaw University.
- ST/SC, Minority (women) member to different selection committee of Indian Overseas Bank, Indian Bank, Punjab National Bank and Allahabad.
- Governing Body Member of Centurian