Name: Dr.(M/S). Madhuchhanda Mohanty
Qualification: M.A. (PM &IR), Ph. D. UGC-NET (HRM)
Phone No.: 08763734727
E-mail ID: madhuchhanda1(at)gmail(dot)com
- Women in management
- Organizational Restructuring
- Work Life Balance
- Human Resource Management and Technology
- Organisational Behaviour
- Industrial Relations
- Learning and Development
- Human Resource Information System
- MPhil Guidance:
|Sl No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Topic of MPhil Thesis||Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)|
|1||Nirupama Behera||2019||The role of MSME in employment Generation and its effect on Entrepreneurhip: A Study in Selected MSMEs at Cuttack|
|2||Ansup Anjam Nug||2018||A Study on Functioning of Buildin and Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Board, Odisha.|
|3||Satrupa Panda||2017||Factors Influencing Employee Motivation at Odisha Hydropower Corporation|
|4||Diptimayee Raul||2017||Role of information technology in HR: A Study at OPTCL|
- PhD Guidance:
|Sl No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Registration No||Name of the Co-guide if any||Fellowship received if any during research||Topic of PhD Thesis||Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)|
|1||Aurolipy||2017 `||0761333008||Impact of Human Resource Practices on Job Performance: A Comparative Study between Public and Private Hospital|
|2||Minati Das||2017 `||0761333007||Prof.S.K.Tripathy||Trade Unionism in Odisha in the Context of Changing Economic Environment|
|3||Tania Saritova Rath||2016 `||0961333006||Factors Influencing career progression of Women Managers: A study in State Bank of India|
|4||Sarita samantaray||` Continuing||03-PM&IR,2016-17||Prof.K.Mohanty||UGC-JRF||Employee(Teachers) Engagement Practices: A study in State Universities in Odisha|
|5||Monalisha Jati||` Continuing||• 14-Business Administration,2017-18||Effective Organisational Communication:A Key to Performance Management in Public and Private Sector Banks in Odisha|
Journal Publications :
- International Publications:
1 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “An alternative career progression model for Indian women bank managers: A labyrinth approach”, Women’s Studies International Forum Vol-Vol.73, issue- Issue.2, 2019-20
2 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Nature, Opportunities and Challenges of CSR: A Study in Rourkela Steel Plant in Odisha” 2017-18
3 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Corporate Social Responsibility Practices: A study in Cement Industry, Odisha” 2017-18
4 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Employees’ Perception on Women Participation in Trade unionism” 2016-17
5 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Changing perception of employees towards trade unionism: A study in Odisha” 2016-17
6 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Career Progression of Women Bank Managers : An Integrated 3P Model” 2016-17
7 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Development of Women Employees: A Source of Sustaining Competitive Advantage in Banking Service” Vol-Vol.3, issue- Issue.3, 2015-16
8 Madhuchhandan Mohanty “IT and HRM: The Story So Far” Vol-Vol.3, issue-Issue.2, 2015-16
9 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Agent Retention: A Study in ICICI Direct.Com Vol-Vol.5, issue- Issue.8, 2015-16
10 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Rationale for Human Resource Information System: A Bird Eye View” Vol-Vol.5, issue-Issue.8, 2015-16
11 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Mahendra Singh Dhoni: A Case Study in Leadership Vol-Vol.5 , issue-Issue.1, 2015-16
12 Madhuchhandan Mohanty • “HRIS in the Indian Scenario: A Case Study of a Large Organisation” Vol-Vol.16, issue-Issue 2, 2009-10
- National Publications:
1 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Career Advancement of Women Bank Managers in India: A study in State Bank of India” Vol-Vol.12, issue-Issue.1, 2015-16
2 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Corporate Reputation Management: The Study So Far”. Vol-Vol.50, issue- Issue.1, 2009-10
3 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “HR Intervention in turn around strategy: A Case Study of Rourkela Steel Plant Vol-Vol.33, issue-No-4, 2008-09
4 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Work Life Balance: Issues and Experiences” Vol-Vol.4, issue-Issue.1, 2008-09
5 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Employee Self Services Applications: A Tool for HR Effectiveness” Vol-Vol.2, issue- No.2, 2007-08
6 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Effectiveness of Human Resource Information System: A Study in National Aluminium Company Limited” Vol-Vol.32, issue- No.4, 2007-08
7 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Training Information System in Perspective” Vol-Vol.XXXVII, issue- No. 3, 2007-08
8 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Understanding Emotional Intelligence: A must for HR Professionals” Vol-Vol.2, issue- No.3, 2007-08
9 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Work Life Balance: Practices and Challenges” Vol- Vol.7, issue- Issue.3, 2007-08
10 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Corporate Governance in India –The Journey So Far” Vol-Vol.1, issue- No.1, 2007-08
11 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Management Education in India: A Glimpse” Vol-Vol.1, issue- No.1, 2006-07
12 Madhuchhanda Mohanty “Culture as the source of Competitive advantage”, Productivity, Vol-Vol.46, issue- No. 4, 2006-07
13 Madhuchhanda Mohanty • “IT & HRM. New Dimensions & Challenges” 2001-02
- Review Articles(State Level Publications):
Conference Publication(Presented/Published in proceedings):
- Presented/Published in proceedings:
1 “Strategic Human Resource Management: A Conceptual Framework” in Conference Volume, International Seminar on “Strategic Human Resource Management organized by PG Dept.of PM & IR on 13th &14th May 2017.
2 “Human Resource Information System: An Assessment” in Conference Volume, National Seminar on “New Age HR: Challenge s & Opportunities” organized by Srusti Academy of Management on 13th &14th January 2007.
3 “Advanced Information Technology – Implications for HRM” in Conference Volume, National Conference on “IT Application in Management” organized by IMIT, Cuttack on 8 th April 2005.
4 “Management Education in India -A Glimpse” in Conference Volume, AICTE Sponsored National Conference on Emerging Trends in Business Administration organized by IBCS, BBSR on 16 th, 17th &18 th March 2005.
5 “IT & HR –Challenges & Opportunities” in Conference Volume, National Conference on “Modern Management Techniques and IT” organized by IMIT on 16 th April 2003.
6 “Good Corporate Governance – A must for India ”, Conference Volume, National seminar on “Corporate Gove M.rnance: Emerging Trends & Vision2010” organized by Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan 22 nd June 2002.
- Edited Books :
1 Issues and Challenges in Business Management, 1st Edn. Himalaya Publication, New Delhi, 2015, pp. (97-102), ISBN 978-99-89548-32-7.
- Text Books :
- Book Chapters :
1 “ Women in Entrepreneurship: An analysis of Three Cases in India ” in Partners in Success: Strategic Human Resources and Entrepreneurship, 1st Edn. Excel Publication, New Delhi, 2009, pp. (701-730), ISBN 978-81-7446-701-0.
2 “Talent Management: a New Prototype in Development of Organization” in Novelty and Challenges in Management, 1st Edn. Enkay Publication, New Delhi, 2015, pp. (701-730), ISBN 978-81-7446-701-0.
3 “Stakeholders perception towards Corporate Social Responsibility as a Dimension of Industrial Relations: A Study in NALCO” in Industrial Relations in Liberalised India, 1st Edn. R.P. Publication, New Delhi, 2015, pp. (21-35), ISBN 978-93-82398-22-6.
4 “Evolution of Trade Unionism in Odisha” in Issues and Challenges in Business Management, 1st Edn. Himalaya Publication, New Delhi, 2015, pp. (97-102), ISBN 978-99-89548-32-7.
- Research Books :
- ”Culture as a source of competitive Advantage” in National Seminar on “Organization for Tomorrow” organized by TEJAS Consultancy on 8th & 9th March 2002.
- “Good Corporate Governance – A must for India” in the National seminar on “Corporate Governance: Emerging Trends & Vision2010” organized by Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan on 22nd June 2002.
- “IT & HR –Challenges & Opportunities” in the National Conference on “Modern Management Techniques and IT” organized by IMIT on 16th April 2003.
- “Management Education in India-A Glimpse” in AICTE Sponsored National Conference on Emerging Trends in Business Administration organized by IBCS, BBSR on 16th, 17th &18th March 2005.
- ”Advanced Information Technology – Implications for HRM. In National Conference on “IT Application in Management” organized by IMIT, Cuttack on 8th April 2005.
- “Human Resource Information System: An Assessment” in the National Seminar on “New Age HR: Challenge s & Opportunities” organized by Srusti Academy of Management on 13th &14th January 2007.
- “Work – Life Balance: Practices and Experiences” In International Conference on “Changing World of Work and Balancing Work-Life” organized jointly by ISTD & RCM, Bhubaneswar on 4th April 2007.
- “ Women in Entrepreneurship: An analysis of Three Cases in India ” In International Conference on “Strategic Human Resource Management and Entrepreneurship in the Changing Business Scenario” organized by Institute of Management, NIRMA University on 8th – 10th January 2009 at Ahemadabad (In Absentia).
- “Talent Management: a New Prototype in Development of Organization” In National Conference on “Novelty and Challenges in Management” organized by Ravenshaw Business School, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack, on 14th March 2015.
- Developing Women Employees in Banking Sector: A Tool for Sustainable Competitive Advantage in State Bank of India ” In International Conference on “ Sustaining Competitive Advantage in Service Sector” organized by IBCS, SOA University, Bhubaneswar on 15th & 16th May 2015.
- Important Activities:
- Research Projects Undertaken:
1 HR Restructuring at Orissa State Cashew Development Corporation Limited (OSCDC), by Department of Public Enterprises, Govt. Of Odisha, 2015-16.
2 Team Member, Institutional Development Plan of World Bank Project, OHEPEE, 2016-17.
- Invited Lectures:
- Administrative/Executive experience:
1 HOD, Dept. PM&IR, Utkal University, June, since 2019 onwards.
2 Member, BOS, Dept. PM&IR, Utkal University for the session 2016-17, (2019-20).
- Conference organized as Organizing Secretary: