National Service Scheme (NSS)
Established in 1969, the National Service Scheme (NSS) unit in Utkal University organizes several activities with an aim to bring personality development of the students through Community Service. With the active participation of students the unit strives to inculcate civic and social responsibility in the students.
Objective of NSS:-
- Understanding the community in which they work.
- Understanding themselves in relation to their community.
- Identifying the needs and problems of the community and involving them in problem solving process
- Developing among themselves a sense of civic and social responsibility.
- Utilizing their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problem.
- Developing competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gaining skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquiring leadership quality and democratic attitude
- Developing capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
- Practicing National Integration and Social Harmony.