Name: Mr. Dharmendra Das
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: M.A., B.Ed., M.Phil., Vyākaraṇācārya
Phone No.: 8763051991
E-mail ID: das(dot)dharmendra0(at)gmail(dot)com
- Grammar & Linguistics.
- Classical Literature.
- Philosophy of Grammar.
- Indian Culture
- Sanskrit Plays.
- Philology and Introduction to Grammar.
- Ancient Indian History, Culture and epigraphy.
- Technical literature.
- Paninian System of Grammar
- MPhil Guidance:
|Sl No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Topic of MPhil Thesis||Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)|
|1||Itishree Senapati||2019||Prācīnabhāratīya-jīvavijñānatattvānāmekaṁ viśiṣṭamadhyayanam|
|2||Anupama Majhi||2018||Sāhitya-vyākarṇa-darśanaśāstrīyamaṅgalācarṇaślokānām Ekaṁ Samīkṣātmakamadhyayanam|
- PhD Guidance:
|Sl No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Registration No||Name of the Co-guide if any||Fellowship received if any during research||Topic of PhD Thesis||Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)|
Journal Publications :
- International Publications:
1 Rāmāyaṇīya-varṣāvarṇane vaijñānikatā, SODH NAVNEET(The half yearly International Peer Reviewed Research Journal of Humanities and Oriental Knowledge),Page no.81-87, UGC Approval SL No.40890, issue-Issue-I, ISSN-ISSN:2321-6581, 2019-20
2 The science of growing and caring for plants in Bṛhatsaṁhitā, Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research(International Open Access Journal), Page no.170-177,UGC-Sl. No.1, Journal No.63975 Vol-Volume-6, issue- Issue-3, ISSN-ISSN:2349-5162, 2018-19
3 Kāśikāvṛttigatodāharaṇeṣu rājanītivijñānam, ŚABDĀRṆAV (An International Peer Reviewed Referred Research Journal), IIJ Impact Factor: 2.206, Page no.157-163 Vol-Vol.8, issue-Year-4,, Part-II, ISSN-ISSN:2395-5104, 2018-19
4 International Journal of Sanskrit Research Ananta Kāśikāvṛttigtodāharaṇeṣu Vaidikdharmaḥ Vol-Volume-4, issue-Issue-5, ISSN-ISSN: 2394-7519, 2017-18
5 VEDĀÑJALĪ Kāśkāvṛttigatodāhraṇeṣu sāmājikatattvam, Vol-Volume-4, issue-Issue-9, ISSN-ISSN: 2349-364X, 2017-18
- National Publications:
1 Kāśikodāharaņāmekam Viśisṭamdhyanam, ṚTĀYANĪ Vol-Volume-IX &X, issue-X, ISSN-ISSN: 2278-0688, 2016-17
2 Vyākaraṇaśāstrīyodāharaṇapadavimarśaḥ, VIŚVABHĀRATĪ (Peer- reviewed Sanskrit Research Journal), Department of Sanskrit, Pondicherry University, Puducherry, Page no.175-185, September-2018 Vol-Vol-IV, ISSN-ISSN: 2277-2065, 2018-19
3 National Journal of Hindi and Sanskrit Research Śrimadbhagvadgītāślokeṣu vākyavinimayaprabandhanam Vol-Volume-20, issue-Issue-I, ISSN-ISSN: 2394-7519, 2017-18
4 VYĀSAŚRĪḤ Kāśikāyāṁ paṭhitodāharaṇanāṁ Bhāṣāvaijῆānikī samīkṣā Vol-Vol.X, issue-Issue-I, ISSN-ISSN 2320-2025, 2016-17
- Review Articles(State Level Publications):
Conference Publication(Presented/Published in proceedings):
- Presented/Published in proceedings
1 Participated and presented a research paper titled “Science of Gardening reflected in Bṛhatsaṁhitā” in the International Conference held at Regional Institute of Education, NCERT, Shyamala Hills, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India during February 6-8, 2019.
2 Participated and recited a modern poem entitled Dhanyaḥ Nabinaḥ in the National Sanskrit Poet Conference-2016 organized by P.G. Department of Sanskrit, Utkal University.
3 Participated and recited a modern poem entitled Asahișņutā in the National Sanskrit Poet Conference-2015 organized by P.G. Department of Sanskrit, Utkal University.
- Edited Books :
- Text Books :
- Book Chapters :
1 “Contribution of Bṛhatsaṁhitā to the science of House building architecture” Chapter-7, Page no.107-122, Advances in Civil Engineering, Vol.-I, ISBN:978-93-5335-122-9, Ed. by Dr. S. Sathish, Akinik Publication, Rohini, Delhi, 2018
2 Asahiṣṇutā – A modern Sanskrit Poem published in Kavyasañjivanī (Anthology of Sanskrit Poems), published by P.G. Department of Sanskrit, Utkal University, Volume-I, year-2015, Page no.22, ISBN-978-81-907997-3-7.
3 DhanyaḥNavinaḥ-A modern Sanskrit Poem published in Kavyasañjivanī (Anthology of Sanskrit Poems), Volume-II, year-2016, Page no.36, ISBN-978-81-907997-4-4.
- Research Books :
1 Participated and presented a research paper entitled “Significance of Kāśikā as a text of Commentary on Aṣṭādhyāyī” in Three Days International Conference on “ Tradition of Commentaries and Dynamics of Knowledge” organised by Shree Somnath Sanskrit University, Veraval, Gujurat from 11.02.2020 to 14.02.2020.
2 Participated and presented a research paper entitled “ Kālidāsasāhitye rāṣṭriyabhāvanā – ekaṁ paryālocanam” in All India Kalidasa Samaroha at Ujjain from 08.11.2019 to 14.11.2019.
3 Participated and presented a research paper entitled “Vyākaraṇaśāstriyodāhraṇeṣu rāṣṭriytatvavimarśaḥ” in the National Seminar on Sanskrit and Nationalism organized by the Department of Sanskrit, North Orissa University, 2nd Campus, Keonjhar from 14th to 15th February 2019.
4 Participated and presented a research paper entitled “Science of Gardening reflected in Bṛhatsaṁhitā” in the International Conference held at Regional Institute of Education, NCERT, Shyamala Hills, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India during February 6-8, 2019.
5 Participated and presented a research paper entitled “House building architecture reflected in Bṛhatsaṁhitā” in the National Seminar on Ancient Indian Science and Technology organized by All India Institute of Technology, Kanpur on 2nd November, 2018.
6 Participated and presented a research paper entitled “Pāṇiṇiyaparaṁprāyām vaijalakārikā” in the National Seminar on Contribution of Odisha to Sanskrit Manuscript:1801-1950 sponsored by National Manuscript Misson organized by P.G. Department of Sanskrit, Utkal University, Vanivihar, Bhubaneswar collaboration with All Odisha Association of College Teacher’s in Sanskrit from 25th -27th, December 2017 .
7 Participated and presented a research paper entitled “Kasikodaharaṇeṣu vaidikadharmaḥ” in Kṣetriya Vedic Sammelanam organized by Vedavidyapratisthanam, Dharapur, Cuttack on 23th -24th, December 2017 .
8 Participated and presented a research paper entitled Śrīmadbhagavadgītāślokeṣu vākyavinimayaprabandhanam” in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “The Gita and Management” organized by Department of Sanskrit, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack on 29th-30th March, 2017.
- Received Junior Research Fellowship in 2012 from University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
- Received Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship in 2010 from University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
- Awarded Certificate of Participation in Sanskrit Drama held in connection with the Sanskrit Day Celebration conducted by Department of Sanskrit, Pondicherry University.
- Awarded MUDALIANDAN VAINAVA ILLAKIUM GOLD MEDAL for outstanding performance in the M.Phil in Sanskrit Examination of Pondicherry University held during May 2010.
- Awarded Rohini Gadadhar Memorial Gold Medal for M. A. in Sanskrit from P.G. Department of Sanskrit, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar-2008.
- Awarded University Gold Medal for M.A. in Sanskrit from Utkal University, Vanivihar, Bhubaneswar-2008.
- Awarded Certificate of appreciation with case prize for securing 4th position in High School Certificate Examination-2001 by Department of ST & SC Development, Govt. of Odisha.
- Teaching: 2
1 Worked as TGT (Sanskrit) in Kendriya Vidyalaya Sanghathan from 10/12/2010 to 20/12/2013.
2 Worked as Junior Lecturer (OES-II) in Bhadrak Junior College, Bhadrak from 24/12/2013 to 29/02/2016.
3 Working as Assistant Professor in P.G. Department of Sanskrit, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, since 03/03/2016.
- Important Activities:
1 Acted as Special Observer in Council of Higher Secondary Examination-2014, Department of Higher Education, Government of Odisha.
2 Holding the responsibility as In-charge of Departmental Seminar Library (Sanskrit), Utkal University since 2017
3 Acted as Verifying Officer in P.G. Sanskrit Admission held in 2017 and 2018.
4 Acted as Officer in-charge of Strong Room during the P.G. Sanskrit Entrance Examination-2018.
5 Functioning as Executive member of Utkal University Teachers’ Association (UUTA) -2018
- Research Projects Undertaken:
- Invited Lectures:
1 Delivered a lecture on the topic “Saṁjñā” as invited Resource Person in the Academic Training Programme for College Teachers in Sanskrit organized by Utkal University, Vanivihar, Bhubaneswar on 7th February, 2020.
- Administrative/Executive experience:
- Conference organized as Organizing Secretary:
- Completed a P.G. level Vyākaraṇācārya Course in distance mode from Muktasvadhyaya Peetha, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, Shree Sadasheev Campus, Puri in 2018.
- Completed In-service Training course for Trained Graduate Teachers in Sanskrit organized at Kendriya Vidyalaya, Angul (Odisha) from 27.12.2012 to 05.01.2013.
- Completed a UGC sponsored Refresher Course in Sanskrit held on Date: 19/08/2014 to 08/09/2014 organized by UGC Academic Staff College, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.
- Completed a UGC sponsored Orientation Programme on the theme “Higher Education for Social Transformation” held on Date: 24/11/2017 to 21/12/2017 organized by UGC Human Resource Development Centre, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.
- Completed a UGC sponsored Refresher Course in Indian Language and Culture: Text and Context held on Date: 04/01/2019 to 24/01/2019 organized by UGC Human Resource Development Centre, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.