Name: Dr. Santosh Kumar Tripathy
Qualification: M A (PMIR), M. Phil., Ph.D., LL.B
Phone No.: +91-9437071132
E-mail ID: santoshtripathy(dot)skt(at)gmail(dot)com
- Quality Circle
- Child Labour
- Employee Relations
- Change Management
- Strategic HRM.
- MPhil Guidance:
|Sl No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Topic of MPhil Thesis||Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)|
- PhD Guidance:
|Sl No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Registration No||Name of the Co-guide if any||Fellowship received if any during research||Topic of PhD Thesis||Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)|
Journal Publications :
- International Publications:
- National Publications:
- Impact of Social, Intellectual and Personal Competencies on Managerial Performance: An Empirical Investigation, S. Jena, C K Sahoo and S. K. Tripathy, International Journal- Indian Culture and Business Management, Vol. II, No. 2, 2015
- Impact of Human Resource Interventions on Quality of work life: An exploration, Bijay Kumar Sundaray, Chandan Kumar Sahoo, Santosh Kumar Tripathy, International Employment Relations Review(Peer Reviewed),Vol.19, No.1,2013:68-83
- Practice of CSR in NALCO and the Perceptions of Employees and the Public: A Case Study,Namita Rath & Santosh Kumar Tripathy, South Asian Journal of Management, Vol.18, No.4, Oct. Dec. 2011.
- Employee Empowerment and Individual Commitment: An Analysis from Integrative Review of Research, Chandan Kumar Sahoo, Neeraja Behera and Santosh Kumar Tripathy, Employment Relations Record, (Peer refereed journal)Volume 10, Number 1, 2010,
- HRIS in the Indian Scenario: A Case Study of a Large Organisation, Madhuchhanda Mohanty & Santosh Kumar Tripathy, South Asian Journal of Management,2009, Vol. 16(4), 127-168.
- Child Beedi Workers in Orissa, S.K.Tripathy, Child Workers in Asia,1990, Vol.6(1),1-4
- The Influence of Perceived Organisational Support on Organisational Commitment: An Empirical Study; Laxmiprada Pattnaik & Santosh Kumar Tripathy, ASBM Journal of Management, Vol-VII, Issue- II, July,2014.
- Diversity Management: A Tool for Competitive Advantage; Laxmiprada Pattnaik & Santosh Kumar Tripathy, Training and Development Journal, Vol-5, Issue No.- I, June-2014.
- Factors Affecting Quality of Work-Life of Healthcare employees: A Conceptual Framework;Ms Tanaya Nayak & Santosh Kumar Tripathy, Personnel Focus, Vol-10 Issue-2’ April-july 2014.
- Practice of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in NALCO – Awareness and Role of Employees: A Case Study, Namita Rath, Dr. Santosh Kumar Tripathy,.Indian Journal of Applied Research, Volume-1, Issue-2, November, 2011.
- Competency-based Succession Planning- The Indian Perspective, Sombedna Jena, Chandan Kumar Sahoo & Santosh Kumar Tripathy, Personnel Today, Vol XXXII, No. 2, July-September,2011
- Organizational Effectiveness through Perceived Quality of Work Life: An Overview,Bijaya Kumar Sundaray, Chandan Kumar Sahoo & Dr. Santosh Kumar Tripathy, Personnel Focus-Quarterly Journal of NIPM, Utkal Chapter, January-March, 2011, pp.8-12.
- Employee Empowerment as a Mechanism of Improved Quality of Work Life : An Empirical Study, Bijaya Kumar Sundaray, Dr. Santosh Kumar Tripathy ,Srusti Management Review, Vol-IV, Issue-V, July-2011, pp.43-50.
- Building Workplace Commitment through Strategic HRM Initiatives, Chandan Kumar Sahoo and Santosh Kumar Tripathy, Personnel Today, Vol XXXII(2), 2011
9. .CSR In Indian Context: From Charity to Business Strategy, Dr S.K. Tripathy and Namita Rath, Personnel Today, Vol. XXXI(2),2010.
- Employee Welfare and Quality of Work Life: A Study on Selected Industrial Units of Power Sector, Bijaya Ku. Sundaray and S. K. Tripathy, The Chanakya, XI(2), 2010
- Job Factors, Perceived Satisfaction and Quality of Work Life: An Overview, Bijaya Kumar Sundaray and S. K. Tripathy, Srusti Management Review, Vol. 3(1), 2009.
- Organization Culture : An Overview: Sujit Kumar Acharya and S.K. Tripathy, Search, Vol-1, Jan., 2009.
Effectiveness of Human Resource Information System: A Study in National Aluminium Company Limited, Mohanty, Madhuchhanda and S.K.Tripathy, Management And Labour Studies, XLRI, Vol-32, No. 4, Nov. 2007,422-450.
- Strategic Labour Relations and Life of Workers after Acquisition and Redundancy: Evidence from two Industrial Units, Sahoo, C. K. and S.K. Tripathy, The Management Journal, JIMS&M, Vol.12 (4), 2007, 14-19.
- Role of Public Sector Undertakings towards Social Responsibility: The Real Scenario, Organisational Management, Vol. XXII (4),2007,17-21.
- Acquisition and Strategic Union Management Accommodation: A case Study, Sahoo, C. K. and S.K. Tripathy, Indian Journal of Labour Economics,Vol.49(4),2006,945-954.
- Labour Relations Scenario in Orissa- A Paradigm Shift, Sahoo, C. K. and S.K. Tripathy, The Management Journal, JIMS&M, October-December, 2006.
- Workers in The Unorganised Sector And Recommendations of Second National Commission on Labour: An Analysis, Sahoo, C. K. and S. K. Tripathy, Samridhi, Vol. 7 and 8, No. 1, 2005.
- Closure and Employee Separation – A Case Study, Sahoo, C.K and S.K.Tripathy, , Indian Journal of Labour Economics, 46(4), 2003,787-792.
- Globalisation and Human Resource Management– An Analysis, Sahoo, C.K and S.K. Tripathy, Siddhant, 3(2), 2003, 196-202.
- Globalisation and Labour-Management Relations Scenario in India, Sahoo, C.K. and S.K.Tripathy, Samridhi, 5 and 6(1), 2003, 54-63.
- Voluntary Retirement Scheme and Rehabilitation – A Study in Talcher Thermal Power Station (NTPC), Orissa, Sahoo, C.K. and S.K. Tripathy, Organisational Management, XVIII (1), 2002,14-18 and 21.
- Shifting Employment Opportunities: A Study In Orissa, Tripathy, S.K., Samridhi, 2(1),2001.
- Quality Circles and Total Quality Management, Tripathy, S.K., and S.Mishra, Organisational Management, VIII (4), 1999, 29-33.
- Organising Unorganised Labour: A study In Kendu Leaf Sector in Orissa, Tripathy, S.K. and A. Dash, Indian Journal of Labour Economics, 38(4), 1995, 757-762.
- Applique Workers of Pipli: A Study of A Special Group of Artisans of Orissa, Tripathy, S.K. and A.
- Dash, Indian Journal of Labour Economics, 37(4),
Small Group Participation and Quality of Working Life: A study in RSP, Tripathy, S.K. and A. Kumar, Indian Journal of Labour Economics, 36(4), 1993, 825-828.
- Quality Circles: To Bring the Total Man for the Organisation, Tripathy, S.K., Personnel Today, XIII (3), 1992, 37-40.
- Shop Improvement Groups: the New Participative Process that Succeeds in RSP, Tripathy, S.K. and A. Kumar, Indian Journal of Labour Economics, 34(4), 1991, 374-378.
- Quality Circles: A Process of Organisation Development, Kumar, A and S.K. Tripathy, Quality Circles India, 9(3), 1991, 25-26.
- Social Forestry: A Benefit for the Poor, Mishra, B.N. and S.K.Tripathy, Yojana, 33(23), 1989, 24-26.
- Industrial Relations, Trade Unions, Labour Legislation, by Sinha, Sinha and Shekhar, Pearson: New Delhi in Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Sahoo, C.K. and S.K.Tripathy, 39(4), 2004,570-574.
- Industrial Relations in India –Shifting Paradigms, by Ratna Sen., Mc Millan: Calcutta in Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Sahoo, C.K. and S.K. Tripathy, 39(2), 2003, 265-267.
- Review Articles(State Level Publications):
Conference Publication(Presented/Published in proceedings):
- Presented/Published in proceedings:
- Life after Acquisition: A Study in an Indian State, S.K.Tripathy & S.Mishra, 5th Asian Regional Conference of IIRA on Dynamics and Diversity: Employment Relations in the Asia-Pacific Region, Seoul, South Korea, 2004(June).
- Trade Unions Response to Changing Times, S.K.Tripathy, 12th World Congress of IIRA on Global Integration and Challenges for IR and HRM, Tokyo, Japan,2000(April).
- Quality of Life and Quality of Work-Life: A Study on Public Sector Undertakings in India (Invited Paper), S.K.Tripathy, 11th World Congress of IIRA n Developing Competitiveness and Social Justice: The Interplay between Institutions and Social Partners, Bolonga, Italy, 1998(September).
- Quality Circle and Organisational Development, S.K.Tripathy, 4th AMDISA Conference Management of Development: Growth with Equity, Thimpu, Bhutan,1998(April).
- Strategic Aspects of Industrial Relations in Economic Restructuring in India”(Abstract), S.K. Tripathy, 3rd Asian Regional Congress of IIRA, Taipei, Taiwan, 1997.
- Knowledge Management & Organizational Culture : An Analysis from HR Perspective in Knowledge Management: Capturing and Structuring for a High Performance Enterprises” Tripathy, S.K. & Acharya, S.K., National Conference on Knowledge Management and Organisational Culture, organized by IBCS, SOA University, Bhubaneswar, during 20th & 22nd 2008.
- Quality Circles: The Successful Human Resource Development System, Partners in Progress, Tripathy, S.K., Conference Volume of Quality Circle Forum of India, PHI, Jaipur,1991.
- Edited Books :
- Text Books :
- Book Chapters :
|1||Human Relations- Issues and|
|Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai||Reference||Dr K Mohanty
Dr S Murmu
|2||Corporate Leadership- Issues and Challenges(2013)(Ed)||Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai||Reference||Dr B N Mishra
Dr K Mohanty
Dr S Murmu
|3||Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management – The Developmental Initiatives (2012) (Ed)||Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai||Reference||Dr. B. N. Mishra
Dr. K. Mohanty
Dr. S. Murmu
Employee Engagement – The HR Initiatives (2011)(Ed)
|Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai||Reference||Dr. B. N. Mishra
Dr. K. Mohanty
Dr. S. Murmu
|5||Human Relations Legislations (2011)||Vrinda Publishing House, New Delhi||Text Book for BPUT, Orissa.||Dr. C.K. Sahoo and
|6||Besarkari Samajsebi Sangathan, (Oriya),2010.||DDCE, Utkal University.||Text Book for NGO Management, DDCE, Utkal University.|
|7||Besarkari Samajsebi Sangathanara Parichalana, (Oriya),2010.||DDCE, Utkal University.||Text Book for NGO Management,DDCE, Utkal University.||Radhakanta Nayak|
|8||Besarkari Samajsebi Sangathan ‘O’ Ainagata Byabastha, (Oriya),2010.||DDCE, Utkal University||Text Book for NGO Management,DDCE, Utkal University.||Dr. S.K. Digal|
|9||Munda Teki Bancha (Oriya)(2009), The translation of Shiv Khera’s Living With Honour-(Translation)||McMillan,New Delhi||Popular Book||Dr. D.R. Pattnaik|
|10||Organisational Change and Development|
|Himalayan Publishing house, Mumbai.||Text book for DDCE, Utkal University.||Dr. S.K. Acharya|
|11||Human Resource Planning and Development|
|Himalayan Publishing House, Mumbai||Text Book for DDCE, Utkal University.||Dr. S.K. Acharya|
|12||Child Labour in India(1989)||Discovery Publishing House, New Delhi.||Reference Book|
|13||Quality of Work Life (1998),(Ed).||Department of PM&IR, Utkal University.||Reference Book||Dr. B.N. Mishra|
ARTICLES IN BOOKS
- A Study of Socio-Economic Conditions of Migrant Tribal Women Workers of Angul, Orissa, Sahoo, C.K, and S.K. Tripathy, in Tribal Women in India, S.N.
- Tripathy (Ed) Dominant Publishers and Distributors: New Delhi,2004,79-89.
- Quality Circles and Organization Development, Tripathy, S.K., in Management of Development: Growth with Equity, Prof. Abdun Rab (Ed), Excel Books, New Delhi, 1998,92-100.
- Organising Unorganised Labour-A Study in Kendu leaf Sector in Orissa Tripathy, S.K. and A. Dash, in Organising Unorganised Labour, Prof. Ruddar Dutt (Ed) B.R. Publications: New Delhi, 1997, 131-138.
- Child Labour: An Introspection, New Delhi, Tripathy, S.K., in Child Labour in India, S. N. Tripathy (Ed), Discovery Publishing, 1996, 19-30.
- The New Participative System in RSP, Kumar A. and S.K. Tripathy, in Workers’ Participation and Workers’ Ownership, Prof. Ruddar Dutt (Ed), Pragati: New Delhi, 1993, 97-105.
- Child Labour in Orissa: Strategies for their Rehabilitation, Kumar A. and S.K. Tripathy, in Rehabilitation of Child Labourers in India, R.N. Pati (Ed), Ashish: New Delhi, 1992, 233-245.
- Research Books :
- Knowledge Management & Organizational Culture : An Analysis from HR Perspective, Tripathy, S.K. & Acharya, S.K., in National Conference on Knowledge Management : Capturing and Structuring for a High Performance Enterprise, organized by IBCS, SOA University, Bhubaneswar during 20th to 22nd Feb, 2008.
- Quality of Work Life- An Outcome of HR-IR Integration, S.K. Tripathy, in the National Conference on HR-IR Interface: Trends & Issues organized by Berhampur University, 24-25th December, 2005.
- Emerging Labour Relations Scenario in Orissa, Sahoo, C.K. and S.K.Tripathy, in the International seminar on the “Employment Relations in Future and Future of Employment Relations, 7th and 8th Feb.2004, Bhubaneswar, organized by IIRA and Utkal University.
- Closure and Employee separation –A case study, Sahoo, C.K. and S.K.Tripathy, in 45th Annual Conference of ISLE, 15th to 17th December 2003, Kolkata, Jadavpur University.
- Employment Opportunities in Orissa, Tripathy, S.K., S. Mishra and S.K. Rath in the National Seminar on Decent Work, Work life and Industrial Relations, ,Bhubaneswar, organized by IIRA and Utkal University,13th and 14th April 2000.
- Organising Unorganised Labour: A study in Kendu leaf sector in Orissa, Tripathy, S.K., in 37th Annual Conference of ISLE, 22nd to 24th Dec.1995, Pondicherry University.
- Quality Circles: The HRD Systems, Tripathy, S.K., (Resource person), National Conference of QCFI, 7th and 8th April 1995,Durgapur.
- Child Labour in Orissa: Strategies for their Rehabilitation, Tripathy, S.K., in the National Conference on Rehabilitations of Child labourers in India, 21st Feb.1992, Bhubaneswar.
- Shop Improvement Groups: The New Participative process that Succeeds in RSP, Tripathy, S.K., in 33rd Annual Conference of ISLE, Hyderabad, Osmania University, during 21st to 23rd Sept.1991.
- Received University Gold Medal, securing 1st Position in P.G. Examination from Utkal University in 1984.
- Received NIPM Award, 1985 for the above achievement.
- UGC Research Award 2002 to 2005.
- Important Activities:
- Research Projects Undertaken:
- Invited Lectures:
- Administrative/Executive experience:
- Conference organized as Organizing Secretary: