Name: Dr. Pallabi Mishra
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: M.Sc, MBA, PGJMC, Ph.D
Phone No.: 9437133190
E-mail ID: pallabi(dot)iitkgp(at)gmail(dot)com
- Retail consumer psychology
- Brand Management
- Gender marketing
- Marketing Sustainability
- MPhil Guidance:
|Sl No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Topic of MPhil Thesis||Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)|
- PhD Guidance:
|Sl No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Registration No||Name of the Co-guide if any||Fellowship received if any during research||Topic of PhD Thesis||Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)|
Journal Publications :
- International Publications:
- National Publications:
Journal Publications: 17 (National and International)
- “Can money buy convenience: A study on income as a motivator of online shopping?” Management and Marketing, 14, No.1, pp-41-56. 2016. ISSN:1841-2416
- “Hedonic vs Utilitarian effect of retail store image on purchase intention”, Srusti Management Review. Special issue. pp-8-15. 2016. ISSN: 0974-4274
- “Modern retail emergence in rural India-The progressive way”, International Journal of Information, Business and Management. Vol.8, No.1, pp-86-97. 2016. ISSN: 2076-9202, (SJIF) = 3.91, (UIF) = 4.8
- The click of money-A study on virtual shopping”, South Asian Journal of Marketing & Management Research (SAJMMR). Vol.5, No.12, pp-54-68. 2015. ISSN: 2249-877X, (SJIF) = 4.748.
- “Khadi- sustaining the change in generation gap”, Asian journal of marketing, Vol.8, No.2, pp-86-97. 2014. ISSN:1819-1924
- “Persuading effect of store aesthetics on shopper’s purchase intention-The gender difference”, Indian journal of marketing (IC value: 6.47, NAAS rating: 3.89), Vol. 44.Issue 9, pp.43-53. 2014. ISSN: 0973-8703
- “Rejuvenation of biofertiliser for sustainable agriculture economic development (SAED)”, Consilience The journal of sustainable development, 11.Issue 1, pp.41-61. 2014. ISSN: 1948-3074
- “Organic Agri-India: Issues in Branding”, The International journal-Research journal of Economics and Business Studies, 1, No 6, pp-15-20. 2012. ISSN: 2251-1555
- “Brand Name-The Impact Factor”, Research journal of Business Management, Vol. 5, Issue 3, pp-109-116.2011. ISSN: 1819-1932
- “Perpetual Asset Management of Customer-based brand equity- The PAM evaluator”, Current Research journal of Social Sciences. Vol. 3, Issue 1, pp-34-44. 2011. ISSN: 2041-3246
- “Configuring customer based brand equity by brand association, image and personality “The International journal-Research journal of Social Science and Management. Vol. 1, pp-35-44. 2011. ISSN: 2251-1571
- “Consanguity of consumer and brand personality-A review”, ICFAI Journal of consumer research,3, pp.7-14.2008.ISSN: 0973-3760
- “From brand vision to brand evaluation: The strategic process of growing and strengthening brands” Book review, ASBM Journal of Management, Vol.1, pp.139-142.2008.ISSN: 0974-8512
- “The wheel and its spokes: Mapping the relationship between the key elements of Brand Management – A literature survey”, The ICFAI journal of Brand Management,3, pp.15-28, 2006.ISSN: 0972-9097
- “Road to brand equity” Book review, Journal Vishleshak (The Analyst),1, pp.107-108, 2005.
- Review Articles(State Level Publications):
Conference Publication(Presented/Published in proceedings):
- Presented/Published in proceedings
- “Enhancing economic sustainability through microcredit: An analysis over different activities and wealth group.” International Conference on Financial Markets and Corporate Finance, IIT Chennai, Augustl 12-13.2016.
- “The XX and XY Challenge: A study on CBBE.” International Conference on Brand Management, IIT Delhi, April 16-17.2016.
- “Embellishment of Managerial Skills in Private Banks .” National Conference on Skill Development-Managerial Implications, School of Management Studies, Ravenshaw University.April 8.2016
- “Service quality: A measure of sustainability of the hotel industry.” International Conference on Sustainability: Inspiration, Innovation and Inclusion, IIM Shillong, March 17-19.2016.
- “Enhancing economic sustainability through Microcredit: An analysis over different activity, International Conference on Sustainability: Inspiration, Innovation and Inclusion, IIM Shillong, March 17-19. 2016.
- “Service quality of nationalized banks: A SERVQUAL approach.” National Seminar on Issues and Challenges in Business Management, Siksha O Anusandhan University, March 2.2016.
- “Hedonic vs Utilitarian Effect of Retail Store Image on Purchase Intention.” National Seminar on Business Intervention for Inclusive and Sustainable growth- Interventions for IT, markets, finance and HR, Sristi Academy of Management Studies, February 19-20.2016.
- “Can money buy convenience: A study on income as a motivator of online shopping?” National Conference on Business Strategies for Emerging India, School of Management Studies, NIT Rourkela, October 9-10.2015.
- “Mapping the growth in density, penetration and awareness of nonlife insurance in India- A study over pre and post reforms period, National Seminar on Financial inclusion and Accessible Insurance Service for All, P.G Department of Business Administration, Kalam Institute of Technology. April 11-12.2015.
- “Sustainable Strategies for Agricultural Development: The case of Odisha ”, National Seminar on Climate Change Impact & Sustainable Management Strategies ,Centre for Climate Change studies. March 14-16 2015.
- “Novelty and Challenges of Modern retail in rural India” National Conference on Novelty and Challenges in Management ,Ravenshaw Business School, Ravenshaw University.March 14.2015.
- “Modern retail emergence in rural India-The progressive way” National seminar on India’s approach to rural development in 21st century, Ravenshaw University. Oct 18-19.2014.
- “Easy strategies in difficult times” National Management seminar on Marketing in difficult times – focus on rural marketing, IPSAR. Sept 28.2013.
- “Impact of celebrity endorsement on pulse polio programe in the rural and urban areas of Odisha”, International conference on Marketing Challenges, BHU, Varanasi. Dec 4-5.2012.
- “Configuring customer based brand equity by brand association, image and personality “IMRDC 2010, IIM Bangalore. Nov 19-20.2010.
- “Branding the organic way: The Indian purview” 4th International Management seminar on international market at crossroads- strategic dimensions and directions, DRIEMS Business school. April 24-25.2009.
- “DSS (Decision Support System) in Indian organized retail sector- A study on organised retail outlets in Cuttack”, National Seminar on “Global Business Initiatives & Innovations: Opportunities & Challenges for India Inc. GIM, Bhubaneswar. Jan 23-24.2009.
- ”Branding organic agriculture: A challenge for market and have opportunities in India” 12th Annual conference, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, Dec 19-21.2008.
- “The organized retail boom: A boon or curse for India” National Seminar on Structural changes in Market Dynamics, RCEM, Bhubaneswar. May 3-4.2008.
- “Green Marketing: Is it a social responsibility” National Management Seminar on Corporates that care: truth or myth, DRIEMS Business school. April 30.2006.
- Edited Books :
- Text Books :
- Book Chapters :
- “Service quality of nationalized banks: A SERVQUAL approach”, Issues and Challenges in Business Management, Himalaya Publishing House. ISBN 978-81-923066-8-1.2016
- “Adoption and Depreciation of Non-life insurance in India- A study over Pre and post reform period”, edited book Insurance sector in India, Way forward Kunal Books New Delhi ISBN 978-81-932322-1-7 pp-267-291.2016
- “Novelty and Challenges of Modern retail in rural India”, Novelty and Challenges in Management for change, Enkay publications. ISBN 978-81-923066-8-1.2015
- “Product and brand management”, SM publications.2008.
- Research Books :
- Coordinator of National conference on Skill Development- Managerial Implications, School of
- Management Studies, Ravenshaw University on 8th and 9th of April, 2016.
- yCoordinator of National conference on Novelty and Challenges in Management, Ravenshaw Business
- School, Ravenshaw University on 14th March, 2015 .
- yCoordinator of Faculty Development Programme on Multivariate Data Analysis using Statistical software
- package by ABIT and SPSS South Asia Pvt. Ltd on 6th Oct., 2012.
- y Faculty Induction Programme by NITTTR from 21st -26th March, 2011.
- y Faculty Development Programme on Entrepreneurship Development by Institute of Entrepreneurship
- Development, Odisha from 30th March to 15th April, 2010.
- yWorkshop on Brand management conducted by Infosys and IIT Kharagpur
- yParticipated in All India Accounting Conference and International Seminar, P.G Department of Commerce, Utkal University in collaboration with ICWAI, Kolkata, Dec 18-19, 2004.
- University Topper in MBA
- Best paper award
- Important Activities:
- Research Projects Undertaken:
- Invited Lectures:
- Administrative/Executive experience:
- Conference organized as Organizing Secretary: