Name: Dr. Kunja Bihari Panda
Qualification: M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.
Phone No.: +91-9437357249
E-mail ID: kunja(dot)st(at)utkaluniversity(dot)ac(dot)in, kunjabpanda(at)gmail(dot)com
- Sampling Theory and Applications
- Statistical Inference, Linear Model & Regression Analysis and Multivariate Analysis
- MPhil Guidance:
|Sl No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Topic of MPhil Thesis||Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)|
|1||BishnupriyaBarik||2019||Regression Method of Estimation: An Efficient Estimation Technique|
|2||Debasish Pradhan||2019||Role of Predictive Estimation in Finite Population Sampling|
|3||PrajnaprasamitaMohanty||2019||Small Area Estimation in Survey Sampling|
|4||RosalinMajhi||2018||Comparison between Fixed Population and Superpopulation in Survey Sampling|
|5||SubhadraPriyadarshini||2018||On Multistage Stratified Sampling|
|7||SonalikaSahoo||2016||On Sample Surveys|
|8||DiptimayeeBehera||2015||Use of Double Sampling Technique in Survey Sampling|
|9||Nilamadhav Pradhan||2015||A Review on Systematic Sampling with Varying Sample Size|
|10||Prabhata Das||2014||Use of Superpopulation Model in Survey Sampling|
|11||Upasana||2013||On Double Sampling|
|12||SrinibasSahoo||2013||On Sampling Theory of Surveys|
|13||SmrutiRanjan Pradhan||2012||Outliers in Sample Survey: A Review|
|14||Sushovan Jana||2011||Finite Population Sampling and its Applications|
|15||ManasiSasmal||2010||On More Efficient Estimation of Parameters in Sampling|
|16||MinalinGarabadu||2010||Increasing Efficiency of Estimators Using Auxiliary Information|
- PhD Guidance:
|Sl No||Name of the Scholar||Year of award of Degree||Registration No||Name of the Co-guide if any||Fellowship received if any during research||Topic of PhD Thesis||Summary of the Research Outcome(In 100 Words)|
|1||NirupamaSahoo||2018 `||01- Statistics(Arts)||NIL||NIL||Estimation in Finite Population Sampling Using Auxiliary Information|
Journal Publications :
- International Publications:
- National Publications:
1 N.Sahoo and K.B.Panda: “ Study on Product Estimation”, Int. Jour of Multidisciplinary Research Review, Vol. 1, Issue-10, 163-165, 2015
2 M.C. Agrawal and K.B.Panda: â?? On Multivariate Ratio Estimatorâ?, Jour. Ind. Stat.Asso., 32, 103-110, 1994.
3 M.C. Agrawal and K.B.Panda: â??On Efficient Estimation in Poststratificationâ?,Â Metron,LIII n. 3-4, 107-115, 1995.
4 M.C. Agrawal and K.B.Panda: â??Predictive Estimation in Stratified Samplingâ?, The Aligarh Jour. Stat., 15 & 16, 41-48, 1995-96.
5 M.C. Agrawal and K.B.Panda: â??Multivariate Product Estimatorsâ?, Jour. Ind. Soc. Agrl. Stat., 45, 359-371,1993.
6 M.C. Agrawal and K.B.Panda: â??An Efficient Estimator in Poststratificationâ?, Metron, LI n. 3-4, 179-188, 1993.
7 M.C. Agrawal and K.B.Panda: â??Double Sampling for Post stratification : A Desirable and Viable Techniqueâ?, Metron, LVI n.3-4, 91-107, 1998.
8 M.C. Agrawal and K.B.Panda: â??A Predictive Justification for Variance Estimation Using Auxiliary Estimationâ?, Jour. Ind. Soc. Agrl. Stat., 192-200, 1999.
9 K.B. Panda and N.Sahoo: â?? Systems ofÂ Exponential Ratio-based and Exponential Product-based Estimators with their Efficiencyâ?, IOSR Jour. Math., 11, 3, 73-77,2015.
10 K.B. Panda: â?? An Efficient Predictive Approach to Estimation in Two-phase Samplingâ?, IOSR Jour. of Math.,11, 3, 78-81,2015.
- Review Articles(State Level Publications):
Conference Publication(Presented/Published in proceedings):
- Presented/Published in proceedings
1 M.C. Agrawal and K.B. Panda: â??Double Sampling for Post stratification : A Desirable and Viable Techniqueâ?,Proceedings of the 49th Int. Con. Held in Florence, Italy, Bulletin of Int. Stat. Inst., Book 1, 9-10.
2 K.B. Panda: â??On Systematic Sampling Strategies for a Varying Sample Sizeâ?, Paper presented in the International Conference on Â Recent Advances in Mathematics, Statistics and Comp. Sc. held during 29-31 May, 2015. Full Paper will be published in the Conference Proceedings shortly.
3 K.B.Panda and M.Sen: “Efficient Ratio-type and Product-type Exponential Estimators”, Paper presented in 48th International Conference of Operations Research Society of India held during 17-19 Dec, 2015. Full Paper is likely to be published in the Conference proceedings shortly.
- Edited Books :
- Text Books :
1 Statistics Glossary, published by Orissa State Bureau of Text Book Preparation and Production, Bhubaneswar, 2003.
2 Higher Secondary (+2) Statistics (Part-I), published by Orissa State Bureau of Text Book Preparation and Production, Bhubaneswar, 2009, 2015.
- Book Chapters :
- Research Books :
1 Workshop on Official Statistics, 2011.
2 UGC-Sponsored Skill-Based Workshop on SPSS during 20-21, Nov, 2015
1 National Seminar on Stochastic Modelling & Experimental Designs, 2012.
2 Indo-Afgan Joint Venture International Seminar, 2012
- Awarded P.G. Merit Scholarship(1981-1983).
- Stood first class first in M.Sc.(Statistics) Examination from Utkal University(1983).
- Received a scholarship during M.Phil. in Meerut University (1985-86).
- Awarded Junior Research Fellowship( JRF) by the UGC(1986).
- Stood topper in the selection made by the OPSC for appointment of Lect. In Statistics(1990).
- Superidentent, MadhusudanChhatrabas(GH-2), Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, 2010-2012.
- Head, P.G. Department of Statistics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, 2011-2013.
- Course Director, M.Tech.(IT), Centre for IT Education, P.G.Dept. of Statistics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, 2011-2013.
- Course Coordinator, M.Sc. Computer Science,P.G.Dept. of Statistics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, Nov., 2011-Jan.,2014.
- Comptroller of Finance, Utkal University, Jan.,2014-March,2014.
- Deputy Warden, P.G. Hostels, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar,Odisha, 2015 onwards.
- Head, P.G. Department of Statistics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, 2015 onwards.
- Important Activities:
- Research Projects Undertaken:
- Invited Lectures:
- Administrative/Executive experience:
- Conference organized as Organizing Secretary: