Name: Dr. Alakananda Parida
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: Ph.D (Utkal University, Bhubaneswar)
E-mail ID: email@example.com
|Utkal University||Feb 2010 – Present||Asst. Professor|
|Utkal University||April 2007 – Feb 2010||Project Fellow|
|I. G. Degree Womens’ College, Nimapara||1996-2007||Lecturer|
|Utkal University||March 2005||Ph.D.
Thesis Title: The Logic of Theological Discourse
Areas: Philosophy of Religion
Advisor: Retd. Prof. Aditya Ku. Mohanty
Thesis Title: Mysticism in Prabhat Samgeet
Advisor: Retd. Prof. Aditya Ku. Mohanty
|Utkal University||May 1994||M.A.
|SCS College||April 1992||Bachelor of Arts
- Kamala Goenka Foundation Fellow, Mumbai- 3 Years
- Junior Research Fellow, ICPR, New Delhi (2000)- 2 Years
- Project Fellow, UGC, New Delhi, (2007-2010)- 3 Years
|Department – Philosophy and I. G. Degree Women’s College, Nimapada
Duties: Teaching & Programme Officer (NSS)
Department – Philosophy, Utkal University
Duties: Research, Teaching
|Lecturer/ Asst. Professor
Department – Philosophy and Utkal University
Duties: Teaching & Research
|2010 & Continuing|
- Invited as a Resource Person in the extramural seminar on Niskama Karma in the Bhagavad Gita organized by Kendrapada Autonomous College, Kendrapada on 13th February, 2018.
- Invited as a Resource Person to deliver a talk on Environmental Ethics on the occasion of World Philosophy Day in the Extramural Seminar at Kamala Nehru Women’s College, Bhubaneswar on 15th November, 2018.
- Invited as a Resource Person to deliver a talk on “Jibana charya re Bouddha Dharma ra Prasangikata” in the State-level Seminar organized by Matrubhumi O Matrubhaasa on the occasion of Buddha Purnima on 30th May 2021.
- Invited as a Resource Person to deliver a talk on “Metaphysical foundation of Non-Violence : The Jaina Perspective” in the ICPR sponsored National Seminar organized by Bikram Deb Autonomous College, Jeypore, Koraput on the occasion of Indian Philosophers’ Day on 5th July 2021.
- Alakananda Parida, “Logic of Theological Discourse”, Dr. Bijaya Ku. Mohapatra(Guide), Prof. Aditya Ku. Mohanty (Co-Guide), Utkal University, 2005 (Awarded).
- Mysticism in Prabhat Samgeet,
Elite Publications, 2000 (ISBN – 81-85531-19-6)
- Understanding Religion,
Elite Publications, 2006 (ISBN – 81-85531-49-8)
- Tamasara Arapare (Bengali to Odia),
Prabhat Library, Calcutta, 2006, ISBN – 818553167-6
- Satyara Sandhana (Bengali to Odia),
Prabhat Library, Calcutta, 2006, ISBN – 818553168-4
- Yogik Chikitsa (Bengali to Odia),
Prabhat Library, Calcutta, 2006, ISBN – 818553169-2
- Ananda Vacanamrtam (Part-I, II & III), (Bengali to Odia)
Ananda Marge Publications, Kolkata, 2007 & 2008, ISBN – 818553182- X
- Bhakti Rasa & Kirtan Mahima(Bengali to Odia),
Articles Published in Edited Book:
- Karma Yoga in The Gita (The Niskama Perspective), published in the book Philosophy Of The Bhagavad Gita ( ISBN –93 -85798 -04 –7), Page – 95 – 100, Gyanajuga publication, Bhubaneswar in association Dept. Of Philosophy, Ramadevi Women’s College, Bhubaneswar, 2016.
- Morality and Freedom in the Bhagavad Gita, published in the book Philosophy of The Bhagavat Gita and Modern Man, Page – 37 – 41 (ISBN- 978-93-84207-53-3) Dominant Publishers, New Delhi, 2016.
- Body-Mind Interface: An Analytical study on Bio-Psychology, published in The Concept of Body and Mind (ISBN – 81-85531-70-6) Elite Publication, Bhubaneswar,2018.
- Metaphysical Relativism: A Study of Jaina Ontology, published in Literature and Magic of Words (ISBN – 81-85531-77-3) Elite Publication, Bhubaneswar, 2018
- National Journal:
- Domain of the Mystical, Indian Journal of Analytic Philosophy, (Vol-II- Issue-1, Page-93 – 100, Centre of Advanced Study in Philosophy, Utkal University, 2008 ( ISSN – 0976- 2337)
- Action and Freedom, Indian Journal of Analytic Philosophy, (Vol-II- Issue-2, Page-108 – 113, Centre of Advanced Study in Philosophy, Utkal University, 2009 (ISSN – 0976-2337)
- Concept of RTA: Some Reflections Anusilana, (Vol-XLVIII), Page-1 – 4, Research Journal of India Cultural, Social & Philosophical stream, Dept of Philosophy & Religion, Banaras Hindu University, Vananasi, India, 2013 (ISSN – 0973-8762)
- The Concept of Purusa in The Bhagavad Gita, Anusilana, Vol- LXIII, Page – 29 – 32, Research Journal of India Cultural, Social & Philosophical stream, Dept. of Philosophy & Religion, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, 2015 (ISSN- 0973-8762)
- The Autonomy of Will, Indian Journal of Analytic Philosophy (Vol-VI- Issue-1, Page-59 – 66, P.G. Deptt. Of Philosophy, Utkal University, 2016 (ISSN – 0976-2337)
- Good Without God, Journal of Philosophy & Critical Thinking, (VOL – IV & V), Page – 40-45, November 2017-18, (ISSN – 122 2394 – 7004)
International Journal :
- Dharma as Purusartha – The Gita Perspective, Peer Reviewed International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research , January 2020, ISSN – 2277-7881.
- Globalisation (Opportunities & Challenges), Peer Reviewed International Journal of Research & Analytical Reviews, E-ISSN – 2348 – 1269, P-ISSN- 2349-5138, February 2020.
- Alienation & Global Crisis, Peer Reviewed International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research, March 2020, ISSN – 2277-7881.
- The Concept of Neo-Vedanta in Vivekananda’s Philosophy, Mukt Shabd Journal, Peer – Reviewed, June 2020, ISSN – 2347-3150.
- Globalisation & Ethics (The Gandhian Perspective), International Journal of All Research Education & Scientific Methods, June 2021, ISSN – 2455-6211.
- Metaphysical Foundation of Non-Violence: The Jaina Perspective, Peer Reviewed Quest Journal of Research in Humanities and Social Science, July 2021, ISSN (Online) – 2321 – 9467.
- Freedom & Determinism: The Buddhist Perspective, Peer Reviewed and Referred Journal – International Research Journal of Management Sociology & Humanities, July 2021, ISSN – 2277-9809 (O), 2348-9359 (P).
- Concept of Maya in Advaita Vedanta, Peer Reviewed & Multi-disciplinary International Journal of All Research Education & Scientific Methods, August 2021, ISSN – 2455-6211.
Referred Conference Publications
- Nature of Religious Language, 12th Proceedings of All Odisha, Philosophy Association, 2000
- Are Theological Propositions Verifiable? 14th Proceedings of All Odisha Philosophy Association, 2002
- Logic of Symbols, 16th proceedings of All Odisha Philosophy Association, 2004
- Karma & Moksa, 20th proceedings of All Odisha Philosophy Association, 2008
- Religious statements as Bliks, 23rd proceedings of All Odisha Philosophy Association 2011
- Philosophy as Analysis, 25th proceedings of All Odisha Philosophy Association, 2013
- Yoga and Inner Transformation, published in the book Global Philosophy and Yoga for a New World Order (ISBN – 978-81-924572-6-0), Joint Conference of International Congress of Social Philosophy (ICSP) and Yoga and Spiritual Science (ICYS).
- Summer course on Phenomenology, jointly organized by CARP, Florida Atlantic University, USA and Sri Aurobindo School of Eastern and Western Thought, Pondichery University, Pondichery from 7th to 27th June, 2001.
- ICPR sponsored workshop on Martin Heidegger’s Being and Time, organized by Buttler Palace, Lucknow, from 30th October to 9th November 2001.
- UGC sponsored Refresher Course in Philosophy from 15th January to 4th February 2002.
- Orientation course on NSS sponsored by Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Govt. of India, organized by OUAT, Bhubaneswar from 4th to 13th February 2004.
- ICPR sponsored Refresher course in Philosophy from 16. Feb. 2004 to 7th March 2004.
- ICPR sponsored Refresher course on Professional Ethics conducted by Academic Staff College (ASC), Utkal University from 12th March to 5th April 2007.
- UGC sponsored Orientation course on Human Values in Education organized by ASC, Utkal University from 18th November 2010 to 15th December 2010.
- UGC sponsored Refresher Course organized by ASC, North Bengal University from 18th May to 7th June 2011.
- UGC sponsored Faculty Development Programme organized by ASC, Utkal University from 30th January to 7th February 2012.
- UGC sponsored Refresher Course organized by UGC-HRDC, Utkal University from 8th January to 28th January 2018.
- UGC sponsored Short Term Course organized by UGC HRDC, Utkal University from 29th July to 3rd August 2019.
- UGC sponsored Refresher Course organized by UGC HRDC, Utkal University from 5th to 18th September 2019.
- Faculty Development Programme of Academic Faculty of Utkal University organized by the Department of Higher and Professinal Education, National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA) from 2nd to 6th March, 2020 at NIEPA, New Delhi.
- Online International Faculty Development Programme on Futuristic Approach for Quality in Education, Innovation and Assessment with New and Normal Covid-19 organised by Dept. of Physical Education, University of Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharshtra held from 29th August to 2nd September 2020.
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme conducted by Centre for Entrepreneurship Development & Business Sustainability in collaboration with Osmania Technology Business Incubator from 5th to 11th October, 2020.
Ph. D. SCHOLARS –
- Pushpa Tripathi, D. scholar, (Utkal University), Title of the thesis – Maya & Moksa in Advaita Vedanta( An Analytical Study)
- Sangita Sahu, D. scholar, (Utkal University), Title of the thesis – Neo-Humanism (A study on Cosmo-centrism)
- Rukmani Rout, D. scholar, (Utkal University), Title of the thesis – Cartesian Doubt: An Analysis
- Mathura Alda, D. scholar, (Utkal University), Title of the thesis – Is & Ought (The Wittgensteinian Perspective
Administrative Experience –
a) Coordinator, P.G.Dept. of Philosophy, Utkal University
b) Student Welfare Officer, New Campus, Chandikhole, Utkal University
c) Library in-charge, P.G.Dept. of Philosophy, Utkal University and New Campus, Chandikhole, Utkal University
d) One of the members of Institutional Ethical Committee, Utkal University
e) Tabulator – Utkal University
f) One of the members in Department Research Committee
g) One of the members of NIRF, Utkal University
h) Member of Board of Studies :
- P .G. Dept. of Philosophy, Utkal University
- BJB Autonomous College, Bhubaneswar
iii. Kendrapada Autonomous College, Kendrapada
- NC Autonomous College, Jajpur
- U.N. College of Science and Technology, Adaspur
- P.N. College, Khordha
vii. Berhampur University, Bhanja Vihar
viii. Salepur College, Salepur
Member of Association & Societies:
- Life member of All Odisha Philosophy Association
- Life member of theosophical Order
- Life member of Renaissance Universal